Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

PS I meant Western Semifinal. lol

And if you have to ask the question about the weather, you have doubts about our backups. Doubts about the backups = get the improvement.

No, I have doubts about Glenn in weather lol. If it's at BC Place then Glenn no doubt but if it's here.. It's too close to call IMO. Marve has limited reps in the cold but looked like he could handle it.. Glenn has had ample reps in the cold and has shown to turtle and play horrible..

I simply don't know if I could take another game or two of those dead, zombie like eyes staring at the bench when the season hangs in the balance..

Here's a hypothetical.

Eastern Semifinal - Winner moves on, Drew Willy hurt but back the following week.

Who do you want playing? Marve or Kevin Glenn?

Marve.  Other teams know what Glenn can/can't do, Marve would hopefully keep them guessing.

I am not opposed to a Glenn signing, but would prefer increased emphasis on getting Marve and Portis developed.  

I'll add another thing, too, though maybe it's just me: I've always felt like Glenn should retire a Bomber. I'd personally like to see him come here and play out the rest of his career. He had his best years (IMO) as a Bomber, and was robbed of a GC in 2007. I'd love to see him come here to get a ring and then retire in Blue and Gold. ....But, again, that's just me...

I agree with you.

I'm on the side of Glenn as one of our backups.  They're aiming at the Grey Cup big time this year.  They want insurance that they'll get there in case Willy goes down.  Glenn is their best bet.

Here's a hypothetical.

Eastern Semifinal - Winner moves on, Drew Willy hurt but back the following week.

Who do you want playing? Marve or Kevin Glenn?

This isn't my issue at all. To me the worst case scenario is that it is more tempting for the coaching staff to out Glenn in than marve or brohm when in the long term it does us no good. We've been here with Glenn before and we've seen this movie the last few years with other teams. I didn't envy the teams with Glenn then, and I certainly don't want to be one of them now. Is Glenn better than marve right now? Yes, almost certainly but he's just good enough to be a threat to play every time willy struggles but not good enough to actually improve this team in any real capacity.

I don't think i would want kevin glenn to be starting for us in the cold weather..

BUT.... if willy is out for 5 games, and our playoff hopes are in the balance of winning those games, would i want glen here incase marve falters so he can take over and get some wins like he did in calgary?  Yes.. Yes i would.

I just can't get behind this argument.

"What's the point? If he's playing for us in November, we're screwed"

Same goes for Marve or Brohm.

Is it wrong that I actually have more faith in Marve in November then Glenn simply due to watching Glenn all these years? Lol

Of course it's not wrong. It's the reason why half of us hate him.

Well, maybe we'll find out that Marve or Brohm rise to the challenge, or maybe they won't.  The point is that we already know what will happen with Glenn, so why waste the money on an "experienced backup" that will only show them that when the going gets tough, throw a pick and get off the field.

Is it wrong that I actually have more faith in Marve in November then Glenn simply due to watching Glenn all these years? Lol

Of course it's not wrong. It's the reason why half of us hate him.

Hate him?  Interesting.  I'd be curious to know if you've ever even spoken with him.

Grow up.

Kg is a great insurance policy and can come in and win some games if necessary.

If this were 2011-12 I would agree with you. 2015 KG not so much.

All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

For a CFL back-up?  No way that's a good deal.

Glenn's prior contract (now expired) that he signed in Calgary had a base of $90,000 but had bonuses based on how many games he started. He was a bargain before & he'll be a bargain now.

All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

Glenn's prior contract (now expired) that he signed in Calgary had a base of $90,000 but had bonuses based on how many games he started. He was a bargain before & he'll be a bargain now.

90K plus 5K per start would be highway robbery. We'd be crazy not to. Gives you a guaranteed chance to win

I'd be OK with KG being here this season. He's an insurance policy in case willy gets hurt. Solid backup and gives Marve time to learn the game more.

He's the kind of insurance policy where your house burns down and the guy shows up with a tent and says "here's your payment, enjoy". Meh sorry I just don't want to pay a guy to take up a spot in the chance that Willy gets injured and then may actually contribute. And barely at that. I don't say this out of "vitriol" either. Did any of you guys watch that BC playoff game?? Have you all forgotten.

I can understand some people saying "Nah, I'd rather not bring in KG5 at this point..." but the outright vitriol being shown is absolutely astonishing to me. Man oh man, I didn't know he kicked so many people's dogs...

It's many factors....one of the biggest is downplaying every loss he's ever had and blaming something...anything....other than himself. 

No credibility. No leadership.  No drive.  No to KG.  No to mediocrity in this, the longest current Grey Cup drought.

It's definitely not a bad one.

Isn't that what Willy makes?

Willy makes more than that. And Willy is a low end salary QB at this point.

Hell, Dinwiddie was making about 150k when he was here I believe.

Fair enough then.  I didn't know what Willy actually made. 

150k for KG still feels wrong to me. 

I can understand some people saying "Nah, I'd rather not bring in KG5 at this point..." but the outright vitriol being shown is absolutely astonishing to me. Man oh man, I didn't know he kicked so many people's dogs...

It's many factors....one of the biggest is downplaying every loss he's ever had and blaming something...anything....other than himself. 

No credibility. No leadership.  No drive.  No to KG.  No to mediocrity in this, the longest current Grey Cup drought.

It's a shame you had to miss the 2007 season. It was pretty good, for the most part...