Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

Oh geez...get off your effing high horse. Hate him as a football player

Your name insults the Bombers all-time leading scorer.

If my high horse keeps me from sinking to that level, I'm fine staying up here.

Like Jane Seymour says, if you keep an open heart, love will find it's way in.

Riiight....have you ever looked at his career averages???? Here's a clue, his career average is 72%! 72%! Only 1 season where he was over 80% & that was only 80.4% (once in 20+ years) If he was any good, at all he'd have way way more points. He's only the bomber career points leader because of how long our stupid franchise kept him around...Saying a player sucks when that player actually does suck is not an insult.

Go cry somewhere else...

Guess Lui Passaglia sucks too then. He only went over 80% twice in 25 seasons. Dave Ridgway's career FG percentage was 78%.

I know, it's sad how long all those kickers played for. The kickers now have much better percentages. Back then there wasn't enough legit competition. Now the league is much stronger in the kicking game percentage wise. Under 80% now just doesn't cut it.

So don't hold Westwood accountable to todays standards then? Back in the day he was a perfectly fine kicker, he just happened to really crap his pants in a very important game. 

Last season. Demonstrated the need and value of teams having an experienced back up QB. I don't care who it is but the a Bombers have a starter with a year's experience as a starter and nobody as an experienced back up. Roll the dice on that combination?

Seems like a pretty obvious answer to your rhetorical question...however, it is unlikely to be. Simple truth is that if it was a QB not named Kevin Glenn with the identical resume, people would be clamoring for us to sign him.

Last season. Demonstrated the need and value of teams having an experienced back up QB. I don't care who it is but the a Bombers have a starter with a year's experience as a starter and nobody as an experienced back up. Roll the dice on that combination?

Seems like a pretty obvious answer to your rhetorical question...however, it is unlikely to be. Simple truth is that if it was a QB not named Kevin Glenn with the identical resume, people would be clamoring for us to sign him.

You know what?  A name is just a name.  If you took the Ford Pinto and called it the Ford Conqueror, it wouldn't change the fact that the car still has "issues".  So having the name Pinto just makes it easier to know what your in store for if you buy it.  Likewise with Kevin Glenn, it's not the name, any qb with the same record and the same level of post season "success" would not be someone I'd be clamoring for.   The name Glenn just lets you know that like a Pinto, he'll get you part of the way there, but inevitably, it's going to blow up.

I wouldn't mind Glenn backing up Willy at all. I just wouldn't want to see him as a starter, but I agree he may end up in Montreal as insurance in case Crompton regresses which is possible, cause though he got a lot of wins, he himself wasn't exactly 'spectacular'. 

Though they may sign that 'Westwood' guy in Montreal which would leave Glenn for us - 70% is pretty fricken good for a Qb. lol

If Glenn starts that means Willy is hurt. I am tired of this team losing. If it means Glenn signing gives us the best chance to win if Willy is  out then sign him. You guys trashing Glenn do you want another 6 game winning season & out of the playoffs AGAIN? With Marve & Portis I think that's what we'll get if they have to play a significant stretch of the season.

If Glenn starts that means Willy is hurt. I am tired of this team losing. If it means Glenn signing gives us the best chance to win if Willy is  out then sign him. You guys trashing Glenn do you want another 6 game winning season & out of the playoffs AGAIN? With Marve & Portis I think that's what we'll get if they have to play a significant stretch of the season.

So with Glenn, we maybe, somehow, back into the playoffs and then watch him crash and burn in the first game?  It's like you Glenn supporters are stuck in a 2007 time warp.  The Glenn of 2014 is the Glenn of today.  The Glenn of 2007 is gone and he ain't coming back.   

If Glenn starts that means Willy is hurt. I am tired of this team losing. If it means Glenn signing gives us the best chance to win if Willy is out then sign him. You guys trashing Glenn do you want another 6 game winning season & out of the playoffs AGAIN? With Marve & Portis I think that's what we'll get if they have to play a significant stretch of the season.

So with Glenn, we maybe, somehow, back into the playoffs and then watch him crash and burn in the first game? It's like you Glenn supporters are stuck in a 2007 time warp. The Glenn of 2014 is the Glenn of today. The Glenn of 2007 is gone and he ain't coming back.
Who says we'd need him for the playoffs? Willy could get injured for a few games during the season. Who would you prefer starting games during a 3-4 game stretch; Marve or Glenn? Glenn could be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

If Glenn starts that means Willy is hurt. I am tired of this team losing. If it means Glenn signing gives us the best chance to win if Willy is out then sign him. You guys trashing Glenn do you want another 6 game winning season & out of the playoffs AGAIN? With Marve & Portis I think that's what we'll get if they have to play a significant stretch of the season.

So with Glenn, we maybe, somehow, back into the playoffs and then watch him crash and burn in the first game? It's like you Glenn supporters are stuck in a 2007 time warp. The Glenn of 2014 is the Glenn of today. The Glenn of 2007 is gone and he ain't coming back.
Who says we'd need him for the playoffs? Willy could get injured for a few games during the season. Who would you prefer starting games during a 3-4 game stretch; Marve or Glenn? Glenn could be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

Hopefully, Saskatchewan will sign him soon.  Of course that will just postpone the "we gotta have Glenn" debate until the end of 2015, when they cut him. 

Same guys that are pumping Marve here will ***** & moan if Willy gets hurt & Marve/Portis suck in his absence. Then it'll be "Shoulda signed Glenn". Who cares about winning a playoff spot? We have to get there first. We need an experienced backup.

That's an ignorant comment, I won't change my tune on Glenn and would rather work thru a backup finding his game then watch an old man with zero emotion try to rally the troops.. And if we hit playoffs having to start praying to every god that is in existence that Glenn can FINALLY perform on the big stage..

I'd rather Marve. We need to find out what he has, don't we? We all already know what Glenn is..

Same guys that are pumping Marve here will ***** & moan if Willy gets hurt & Marve/Portis suck in his absence. Then it'll be "Shoulda signed Glenn". Who cares about winning a playoff spot? We have to get there first. We need an experienced backup.

Trust me, I will never, ever, say "shoulda signed Glenn" unless, of course, we are talking about who the Bombers should get as the Official Doughnut Supplier for the O Line.

That's an ignorant comment, I won't change my tune on Glenn and would rather work thru a backup finding his game then watch an old man with zero emotion try to rally the troops.. And if we hit playoffs having to start praying to every god that is in existence that Glenn can FINALLY perform on the big stage..

Even though I spelled it out before I'll do it again.  You guys are failing to see the big picture here in the fact that the Grey Cup is being held here, and they want to win that cup this year.  They don't want to "work through" anyone this year, they want assurances.  They're just trying to figure out who will get them there if Willy happens to go down.  And if we do hit the playoffs, it will most likely be Willy that is bringing us there.  Again, Glenn is only the backup, and if he's playing like crap, there's always the 3rd and 4th stringer that can take over.

You actually want to sacrifice another season having a rookie play full time if Willy gets hurt?  Well, guess what, I'm not. I'm tired of all the losing & we can't afford to have an inexperienced player like Marve at the qb position carry the team when chances are he'll be an epic fail as he isn't ready. Maybe we make the playoffs with Glenn as the starter if Willy is hurt & maybe we don't but I'd rather he be calling the signals than an inexperienced Marve out there or Portis who hasn't even played a down of CFL football. Not one play. We'd get killed. The season would become another disaster.

As far as how Glenn plays in the playoffs, who cares? We have to get there first. I don't care about winning a playoff game in August or September. I just want to get there first.  If Willy is injured for any length of time with the two rooks at the helm you can forget about winning in the playoffs as we won't be there to begin with. 

I know everyone is all hot and bothered by Marve right now, but he's not the first young qb to come in and be able to catch teams by surprise with his ability to run and improvise. Often times those players go through an adjustment period as teams know what they can do and take away their running options forcing them to beat them with their arms. If they can get Glenn at a reasonable price as the backup you absolutely do it. How many qbs have the Bombers rushed before they were ready and left dead or dying in the ditch behind them? There is no downside to Glenn as a backup. He's a veteran who can come in and win games if you need him to. He got the Stamps to the Grey Cup only a couple years ago, he got the Bombers to the Grey Cup in 2007. It's not like he's never won playoffs games. He isn't the guy to take  a team on his shoulders and do it all by himself, but he is a guy that will play to the level of the team around him. His playoffs experience is pretty much identical to Henry Burris and so many people were screaming to get Burris here last season. 

I'd rather Marve. We need to find out what he has, don't we? We all already know what Glenn is..

And what if we find out he can't win & fail to make the playoffs again. Worth it? I'm not willing to find out. 

can I get it out of the way and just do this now?  just hold both positions at once? just hedging my opinion.

What *if* Willy continues his trend downwards from last year?   What do we do then? 

Yeah, that's surely a What If & a valid question but I think the guy took so many hits last season that it affected his confidence & he began playing scared. I think with an improved line as well as run game it'll take a lot of heat off of Drew & he'll be much better. No one could absorb that kind of punishment game in & game out & not be affected by it. I'm sure the word that trended in the huddle the most was "Sorry".