Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

What *if* Willy continues his trend downwards from last year?   What do we do then?

The only downward trend for Willy, was the downward direction he took after being sacked because of a poor o line. I think we have started correcting that in a big way. See our moves in fa and other O Line acquisitions.(wink)

The only downward trend for Willy, was the downward direction he took after being sacked because of a poor o line. I think we have started correcting that in a big way. See our moves in fa and other O Line acquisitions.(wink)

It wasn't all on the O-line. For a pro QB Willy takes way too long with pre- and post-snap reads and putting the ball in play. You only get so many steamboats. If he doesn't correct that, then even a better line won't help.

I agree with those who don't want KG5 around here but at least he usually disposes of the ball quickly, often to the wrong team at the worst possible time, but that is another matter. 

iso you do understand that Glenn does not provide "insurance" if he plays like he so often does.  You also realize that he's now a year older and that "experience" is such that BC, a team that could really use a quality backup, had Glenn and cut Glenn.  What does that say about him?  You're simply hoping, nothing more, that Glenn will give us more that Marve, but you have no way of knowing if that's the case.  None at all.  

And yes, Glenn has two Cup appearances.  Remind me again what his record is as a Cup starter, would you?

iso you do understand that Glenn does not provide "insurance" if he plays like he so often does.  You also realize that he's now a year older and that "experience" is such that BC, a team that could really use a quality backup, had Glenn and cut Glenn.  What does that say about him?  You're simply hoping, nothing more, that Glenn will give us more that Marve, but you have no way of knowing if that's the case.  None at all.  

And yes, Glenn has two Cup appearances.  Remind me again what his record is as a Cup starter, would you?

Well, I could ask you the same question about Marve. How many GC appearances & wins? When was the last time we won a Grey Cup? 

I know he started for Calgary in 2012 but what was his other Cup appearance? He was injured in 2007...otherwise that game wouldn't have been close. I would take 2007 Glenn every day of the week.

Experience only KBF. Insurance. Marve has done nothing in this league. I don't want him getting the keys to the franchise yet.

Marve got us our first win in Calgary since Khari Jones. How many games did Glenn actually win for BC last year? I was at the game at BC Place last year and I watched Glenn get hit by Bryant Turner a few times and just crumple and give up. I've seen that movie too many times. No thanks.

Now now, that game in Calgary was an ass ugly game in the snow. Sloppy sloppy sloppy. It was a good effort by the Bombers and Marve but it's not like they went and beat a team in great conditions that was firing on all cylinders. This board has a real problem with blowing things out of proportion. 

I know he started for Calgary in 2012 but what was his other Cup appearance? He was injured in 2007...otherwise that game wouldn't have been close. I would take 2007 Glenn every day of the week.

This. 9 year ago he was a decent QB. He has been downhill ever since and turtles at either the first hit or if he sees his breath.

I get that it's Wpg hosting the GC and want the best chance to win, I just don't see this re-tread who has been cut by most teams in the league, being the answer and am simply stunned that others still do. Glenn is done. Let's move on.

This. 9 year ago he was a decent QB. He has been downhill ever since and turtles at either the first hit or if he sees his breath.

I get that it's Wpg hosting the GC and want the best chance to win, I just don't see this re-tread who has been cut by most teams in the league, being the answer and am simply stunned that others still do. Glenn is done. Let's move on.

Testify my brother! Power to the anti-glenn denizens!!

Now now, that game in Calgary was an ass ugly game in the snow. Sloppy sloppy sloppy. It was a good effort by the Bombers and Marve but it's not like they went and beat a team in great conditions that was firing on all cylinders. This board has a real problem with blowing things out of proportion.

Yeah it was an ugly-ass win, but one that the Stamps definitely wanted, if for nothing else for Huff's ego to go 16-2 and be considered one of the best teams of all time. Bo Levi played the entire game. Why if it was a "nothing" game?

What I took away from that game was that the Bombers played a completely error-free second half with Marve not turning over the ball once. He even had a few really good completions and excellent throws on the run, while Bo Levi looked like a clone of Jason Boltus. Anyway, not saying Marve is the next Tom Clements, but he's got the tools to be one of the most exciting QB I've seen in a Bomber uniform in a long time.