Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

I was hoping to get Brohm back in the on deck circle, as it is still too early for Marve, and I'm not sure at all about Portis.

If we don't get Brohm, I wouldn't object to an experienced QB…except for Joseph.

I think the Bomber staff know this, and are checking out their options.

If we remember last year, teams in the league were severely affected by not having a viable backup. 

Do we really want to take that chance?

Remember this thread.  If Drew gets hurt or any length, these same people will be bemoaning the fact Walters didnt go out and get an experienced veteran back up.

If there are concerns about length, I'm sure Troy Stoudermire would be a capable fill in.

I could care less about Kevin Glenn either way, but if the price is right I can think of a lot dumber personnel moves than that. Bomber fans have had a blind hate on for him since he was here last. I can't think of a more viable short term insurance policy at QB. Not sure why anyone would object to having a veteran backup if we have the cash to do so.

Kg is a great insurance policy and can come in and win some games if necessary.

If this were 2011-12 I would agree with you. 2015 KG not so much.

All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

For a CFL back-up?  No way that's a good deal.

I'd be disappointed if we brought Glenn in unless it was at a crazy reduced rate and performance based all the way.. I'd rather roll with Marve, Portis and brohm if we get him back... glenn just doesn't seem to "want" it enough...

Now.. If Brohm is a pipe dream then it becomes more murky.. Rookie vs Glenn is a tough call no doubt.. If we sign Glenn, is he #2 or 3? What kind of attitude does Glenn at #3 spot have? I'd want Marve at #2 for development and kind of feel he's earned it..

All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I was more than happy to have Glenn as a safety net last year but I would rather see Marve and Portis get the future reps if and when Willy gets injured, not Glenn.

It's definitely not a bad one.

I just can't get behind this argument.

"What's the point? If he's playing for us in November, we're screwed"

Same goes for Marve or Brohm.

Is it wrong that I actually have more faith in Marve in November then Glenn simply due to watching Glenn all these years? Lol

I'll add another thing, too, though maybe it's just me: I've always felt like Glenn should retire a Bomber. I'd personally like to see him come here and play out the rest of his career. He had his best years (IMO) as a Bomber, and was robbed of a GC in 2007. I'd love to see him come here to get a ring and then retire in Blue and Gold. ....But, again, that's just me...

Exactly. If we're playing our back up in November it's a chip and a chair chance no matter who we put out there. Glenn gives us slightly better odds than Marve or Brohm would. That's the bottom line. No backup we are going to sign is not going to be a drop off. Signing the player that creates the least drop off and maximizes your odds of winning is kinda RosterBuilding 101.

Is it wrong that I actually have more faith in Marve in November then Glenn simply due to watching Glenn all these years? Lol

Yes it's wrong and unrealistic. You asked. lol

Isn't that what Willy makes?

Yes it's wrong and unrealistic. You asked.

Show us proof that Glenn IS reliable in November.

As soon as he sees his breath, he tanks.

Yes it's wrong and unrealistic. You asked. lol

I did, yup. Thanks for your honesty lol.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I was more than happy to have Glenn as a safety net last year but I would rather see Marve and Portis get the future reps if and when Willy gets injured, not Glenn.

I would prefer that Marve and Portis get the reps as well....if they've earned them. Beat Glenn out. If he's as useless and awful as people here are suggesting it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Isn't that what Willy makes?

Willy makes more than that. And Willy is a low end salary QB at this point.

Hell, Dinwiddie was making about 150k when he was here I believe.

This is the side of the coin I like, it really does seem that way.. Which is so odd for a Detroit raised QB.. you would think he would be better then most in the cold.. Must be those tiny man hands..

Never said he is reliable in November. However, he has on two occasions gotten his team into the Grey Cup. It's not a sterling resume but he does have playoff experience and has won playoff games. As a backup that's not a terrible thing.