Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

Glenn is Rescue City - - that has been his role for a long time

I have no reason to expect that to change

Last year he was insurance for Buono with all the Lulay uncertainty

Previously he was  Calgary's insurance while their young QBs evolved

In Hamilton he failed as a number one ... same in Winnipeg

He is the QB every one loves to hate ... in spite of some very impressive career QB stats

No one thinks he is / will be / has been .... quite good enough ... but he keeps his team respectful and hoping

Given Glenn will want starting QB salary numbers so I am going to guess and say no one will sign him until the first major QB injury of the season ... at that point in will walk the salvager and get his pro rata starting QB money

He doesn't seem to have enough wear and tear on him to be done

I would suggest he might have another year or two in him ... may be he retires in 3 years .... because he will keep hoping to be the Championship MVP but eventually he will accept he is not going to retire after finally winning the GREY CUP

That was Damn near 10 years ago now tho

If I recall correctly his arm was broken on a very late hit by a nasty prick playing for the Als at the time.  Can't recall his name...all I remember is PRICK!

RETRACT!  RETRACT!  Obviously my memory is shot or I was recalling another horrible incident in Bomber history.

Highlight reel from that play-off game against the ARGOS is well worth watching nonetheless...

Roberts, Stegall, Stokes, Brown, Hayward, Armstrong, Coach Spavital.....

"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we sang and danced, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah"....

After what happened to the Roughriders last year without Durant, I was expecting Glenn to be a Roughrider again.

But maybe CFL clubs will be patient and Glenn will have to wait for the first major QB injury or bedshitting before he's back on the field.

If the Riders had him last year when Durant went down, they would have been in much better shape.

After what happened to the Roughriders last year without Durant, I was expecting Glenn to be a Roughrider again.

But maybe CFL clubs will be patient and Glenn will have to wait for the first major QB injury or bedshitting before he's back on the field.

If the Riders had him last year when Durant went down, they would have been in much better shape.

Don't think Glenn would have helped. That O was out of sync all year. I'm really hoping we steer clear of Glenn, he is done and will cost too much also.

as we saw by the end of the season last year with Edmonton bringing in Goltz the QB scrapheap gets raided as QB's go down, and Kevie is still king of that scrap-heap.

The Kyle Orton of the CFL?

Still better than being the Jay Cutler of the CFL.

It's rough enough being the Kevin Glenn of the CFL for him I'm sure