2014 CFL Schedule released

Mike

I like the Thursday night games. Summer is about 2 things: Bomber football and going to the lake. Thursday games means one doesn't interfere with the other.

Not a big fan of 7:30 starts, and with the traffic improvements they've already made, I don't think a later start was necessary.

Ending the season with a bye is bizarre... league's way of saying we don't have a chance in hell at winning the west?

Also just noticed that Ottawa has a bye week in week 1 so we're going to be their first game.

What an odd start to that franchises history.  First they insist on being called the REDBLACKS.  Then they hire a knob for a GM and screw over the best QB in Ottawa since Damon Allen to spend half a million on a worse 39 year old QB.  Now they start their first season with a bye week.

Also just noticed that Ottawa has a bye week in week 1 so we're going to be their first game.

What an odd start to that franchises history.  First they insist on being called the REDBLACKS.  Then they hire a knob for a GM and screw over the best QB in Ottawa since Damon Allen to spend half a million on a worse 39 year old QB.  Now they start their first season with a bye week.

I have to think that's to buy (no pun intended) more time to get the stadium ready.

I have to think that's to buy (no pun intended) more time to get the stadium ready.

I get that...but they couldn't take a bye in week 2 and play week 1 in their first season on the road?

The team in Ottawa starting with a bye week sounds like a punchline...but the CFL wrote it themselves.

God damn it! Can we start getting some ******* summer time games in Calgary so I might actually have a chance to go to them? 

Well, we got a pre-season one, anyhow.....but yeah, I would like a regular season game vs Edm and Cgy during the summer. Sick of the winter games...

The schedule has a real LOLCFL feel to it. Bye weeks for teams at the start and end of the season? Seriously?  Usually the idea is for all the teams to be playing the last few weeks to create more hype for the casual fan.

Well in Ottawa's case, I'm pretty sure it's to give their stadium a bit more time to be completed.

Doesn't make sense for Winnipeg to have a bye the last week of the season.

The schedule has a real LOLCFL feel to it. Bye weeks for teams at the start and end of the season? Seriously? Usually the idea is for all the teams to be playing the last few weeks to create more hype for the casual fan.

Well in Ottawa's case, I'm pretty sure it's to give their stadium a bit more time to be completed.

Doesn't make sense for Winnipeg to have a bye the last week of the season.

The Winnipeg bye is to avoid colder weather games, as those typically aren't big ticket sellers for the Bombers.

Plus if we make the playoffs, could be huge if we have any injuries. An extra week to get healthy for the playoffs.

The schedule has a real LOLCFL feel to it. Bye weeks for teams at the start and end of the season? Seriously?  Usually the idea is for all the teams to be playing the last few weeks to create more hype for the casual fan.

Well, considering there is an odd number of teams now... how would they get around it?

Toronto has one of those crappy 3-games-in-two weeks stretches, those are much more LOLCFL than starting and ending on bye weeks.

Bet it's the Skydome scheduling that's to blame.

How bout the Argos not playing a home game for 5 straight weeks (2 bye weeks included) ?

Ottawa requested one of their byes for week one. Given they are virtually starting a team from ground zero they wanted the extra preparation time. Sadly the Bombers got the last bye week. I guess the CFL decided if they weren't going to make the playoffs give them the luxury of going home early. The mercy rule.

Ottawa requested one of their byes for week one. Given they are virtually starting a team from ground zero they wanted the extra preparation time. Sadly the Bombers got the last bye week. I guess the CFL decided if they weren't going to make the playoffs give them the luxury of going home early. The mercy rule.

End of the season bye week is so stupid. If you finish first place that's a lot of time without playing any meaningful games.

How bout the Argos not playing a home game for 5 straight weeks (2 bye weeks included) ?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it happens to coincide nicely with Mayor Ford's annual eat-and-drink-open-buffet-wherever-he-goes event.

What about his crack-smoking events he holds bi-weekly? They seem to coincide with his bi-weekly drunken stupors.

As a recent cottage purchaser.....zero Friday games in June, July and only one in August is great!!

I can now go to every home game in the summer and then out to the lake on Friday. And for those complaining on the 7:30 start I live out of town and don't get home until about 1-1:30 after the games and still make it to work for 6:30 the next day back in the city. Suck it up ;)