Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

31 minutes ago, Rich said:

Now we do, but my jersey buying habits had to change years ago.   Put it this way, I even have a Siddeeq Shabazz jersey in my closet I bought on a whim out to Regina for Labour Day one year.  It sits right next to a game worn Marcellus Bowman jersey I bought at a locker room sale one year.

Great LBs.

My claim to fame is my gold Cory Watson jersey.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think anyone beats my Brady Browne jersey, but you're welcome to try.... that, with my gold Dinwiddie, are not hanging on the wall in the basement....

I had a navy lightning bolt Brad Elberg jersey in grade 5 lol 

Also back then I had a sweet jersey style 3/4 length shirt that someone at my Dads work made for me with 88 Bolton on the back. (For whatever reason Nathaniel Bolton was my favourite Bomber) 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

That’s a pretty sweet idea. I’d love to see some thing like that with seat numbers on jerseys for season ticket holders on a premium plan 

Biggie wasn’t the hero. But he wasn’t the goat. He’s right, he was in no way designed to be the deep man or man lock in that situation. He tried to bail out a cover mistake. Which happens when you’re in cover 0 soo much. 
 I might take a look at the angles available for a break down on that play, in betting Houston was the one who blew cover. 

In saying that Bighill was the goat, I meant that he was the one in chase position- a race he would lose most times even when younger and healthier. And yes, i would bet on Houston being who screwed up, that was not obvious- Bighill's futile attempt was.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I can only imagine why he would get tired of you asking him why he sucks and blocking you. 

I don’t need to ask him, I know why 

As an aside, I’m happy I have my autographed Streveler jersey to bust out now that Bailey is gone.

But I usually roll with the Khari Jones jersey I found on Marketplace for $30 last year 

There were several busts that game...2 death shot ones at that....Rose being excluded was one of many dumb moves...which we won't rehash again...tho we all know rolling out with only 2 receivers who could be effective...let alone a threat.

Biggie yes was not the guy at fault...per say...but he was faulty in he couldn't react immediately and when he did he didn't have ability to perform at high level.

Clements..Cole..could have easily impeded that one play...but we will never know...but knowing a few things and knowing where a bust might occur based on what the offense did...a healthy guy could have reacted

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I can only imagine why he would get tired of you asking him why he sucks and blocking you. 

I once went on Twitter to ***** about lapo when we hired him for the xth time.... But couldn't because he blocked me for bitching about him the previous time he was with the team.

10 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

This is a complete aside but these types of deals (1 year) is a primary reason I haven't bought a "player jersey" in years.   There's no incentive for me to if the player is gone the next year.  

It's either me repping my family or going old school with one of our greats.

I go old school. I'm old enough to be some of these young player's grandfather so I feel more comfortable wearing a jersey with a name from the 1960's-80's. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I go old school. I'm old enough to be some of these young player's grandfather so I feel more comfortable wearing a jersey with a name from the 1960's-80's. 

I personally view my jersey's as my personal history of being a fan. As I look back through the closet, it reminds me of the different teams/games. 

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I personally view my jersey's as my personal history of being a fan. As I look back through the closet, it reminds me of the different teams/games. 

This. My Walby late-80s is my favourite jersey, but also my Joe Pop and Matty D retros from around 2010, through to Milt, Khari, ChuckBob and Big Bird, Armstrong 2007, Henoc and Watson 2012ish up to Harris 2019ish. It's really a story of my fandom...

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This. My Walby late-80s is my favourite jersey, but also my Joe Pop and Matty D retros from around 2010, through to Milt, Khari, ChuckBob and Big Bird, Armstrong 2007, Henoc and Watson 2012ish up to Harris 2019ish. It's really a story of my fandom...

Don’t forget mini milt Terrance Edward’s, when I was brainwashing my son that we are a Bomber family, that’s the player he liked and wore to Games when they were visiting the eskimos/elks. Still has it. Then the NFL Eagles took him over.

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Had to look that one up in the database...thanks for trigger 🙃

A few buddies and I sat behind the Esks bench and spent most of the game screaming at Jim Daly(he was their STC at the time) Not my finest hours as a Bomber fan, to say the least lol. 

16 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

A few buddies and I sat behind the Esks bench and spent most of the game screaming at Jim Daly(he was their STC at the time) Not my finest hours as a Bomber fan, to say the least lol. 

Lol...and why is the rum always gone?

After the ‘84 west final my family and I were invited to the stadium to greet the team… Can’t remember what they called the room in the old barn… Anyway, I got an autograph from Rick House on my jersey… He had consumed a few pops and signed with the pen in his mouth.  It was pretty hilarious and I’ll never forget it.

19 hours ago, Mike said:

I don’t need to ask him, I know why 

As an aside, I’m happy I have my autographed Streveler jersey to bust out now that Bailey is gone.

But I usually roll with the Khari Jones jersey I found on Marketplace for $30 last year 

You “@‘d” him with something annoying enough to get blocked. 

And I mean…why?