Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

19 minutes ago, Stickem said:

was he really the same after the injury he had last year.....????...He never really seemed to get untracked for us in 23' BUT the argo's must have seen something??

STs is where the loss is. 

Best of luck to a great guy and somebody who was a great Bomber. 

Just now, Mike said:

I know it’s not a glamorous area for most guys but our already mediocre special teams depth got absolutely pillaged today. We’re going to have to hope guys like Jake Kelly, Bret McDougal and a few others are ready for those roles.

Our special teams were **** last year so changes aren't the worst? 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Our special teams were **** last year so changes aren't the worst? 

yeah...maybe thats a good thing??....hate to see them lost (Exume and Hansen) but maybe the loss of them and Briggs, and an infusion of new youg blood will turn it around....a different punter....or get him to kick like a normal punter will help as well

Kelly tho was real good on teams...Hallett...Cole...Gauthier...all excellent as well....but we def need to shore up there now

I assume that punter is staying because we need him as a global with Hansen gone. And we'll try and run 2 each game so that we can have the extra roster spot that comes with it...

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I assume that punter is staying because we need him as a global with Hansen gone. And we'll try and run 2 each game so that we can have the extra roster spot that comes with it...

well we have Karmoko...and Mauro could be back....they both be more usefull as globals than a average to less than average punter who I feel was a huge reason for our punt coverage to suck arse all yr...not a few games but all damn yr...it wasn't that all our cover guys just sucked all at once and were on a steep decline..there also some good global prospects this yr as well....Allow Castillo if we sign him to do all 3 jobs and gives us that extra body to actually have a use

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That other punter on last years PR might be around too. Name escapes me, he was a bit older.
By all accounts he can boom them, and has a more traditional style. 

I thought Jake Kelly was very good in his limited reps last year. I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t take over a larger ST role. 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

well we have Karmoko...and Mauro could be back....they both be more usefull as globals than a average to less than average punter who I feel was a huge reason for our punt coverage to suck arse all yr...not a few games but all damn yr...it wasn't that all our cover guys just sucked all at once and were on a steep decline..there also some good global prospects this yr as well....Allow Castillo if we sign him to do all 3 jobs and gives us that extra body to actually have a use

Also last years draft pic Max Charbonneau who was at camp, went back to U of Ottawa attained OUA first team linebacker all star status, as well as second team special teams would/should be a teams prospect. Secondly, Jared Beeksma linebacker, 2022 5th round pick by Hamilton, has a special teams background (snapper) has been in the Bomber camp since last summer. The Bombers have in house talent available, I believe.

Thiadric Hansen is probably cooked after the Achilles. Plus he's 31. 

Assuming Koromoko will compete with the 21st Canadian for a special teams type of role. Then maybe a battle for the punting job this year between the guy we had last year and another global?

I will say, I see doom and gloom around here on the lack of signings but I think there's going to be A LOT of competition this year from young Canadians and Americans fighting for legitimate roles on the team. That should get people excited.

Might be some growing pains but I'd think the plan would be coach the young guys up and let them get experience throughout the season and hope to gel by the time playoffs role around.

The time to panic is after game 1 lol not now. Still gonna sign lots of intriguing prospects I’m sure with cool names. Still got the cdn draft and global draft. (Is that a thing still? ) we got 10 picks in the cdn draft no. That’s lots of potential special teams players lol. Ronnie Brown is an exciting prospect. Cruickshank looks interesting. Chris Smith looks to have some ability. Should be fun times.  Hopefully see some DL prospects brought in. Wouldn’t surprise me if we in on a Kongbo type still. Time for our Scouts to find a couple dbs and a couple DT and DEs. Everything else looks ok to me. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The time to panic is after game 1 lol not now. Still gonna sign lots of intriguing prospects I’m sure with cool names. Still got the cdn draft and global draft. (Is that a thing still? ) we got 10 picks in the cdn draft no. That’s lots of potential special teams players lol. Ronnie Brown is an exciting prospect. Cruickshank looks interesting. Chris Smith looks to have some ability. Should be fun times. 

Chris Smith is the one I really interested in...he's got legit skills...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Chris Smith is the one I really interested in...he's got legit skills...

Yes. He looks quite interesting. It’s interesting all these guys can return also. Brown just screams CFL star for some reason. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yes. He looks quite interesting. It’s interesting all these guys can return also. Brown just screams CFL star for some reason. 

Smith was looked at/projected as a legit NFL elite returner..so curious if he takes over the McRae role...but only being a huge return threat and way more effective on offence

Regarding the punter. I thought he boomed them quite often when they let him. I’m not sure he’s the guy out there kicking weird ****. They also fired the sp teams coordinator so….  

have they named a new one yet or is OSH taking it on. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Regarding the punter. I thought he boomed them quite often when they let him. I’m not sure he’s the guy out there kicking weird ****. They also fired the sp teams coordinator so….  

have they named a new one yet or is OSH taking it on. 

Got some scrub, not sure if knows anything about ST but I'm sure he'll learn.  I think his name is Mike Miller or something.