2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

lol. Much ado about nothing. People just lack humour these days.  Comedy is over. This is comedy. 

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Girl math is a bit of an in-joke," Krahel said. "The idea is you, you kind of twist reality a bit. And again, this is all very tongue in cheek, but you act like you're saving money when you're not."

that’s what it is. 

offended by stuff that’s meant to be a joke is wild. 

For offensive humour to work, it has to be more funny than offensive. That’s the difference between a great bit by comedians like Chappelle, key and peele, or George Carlin, and un funny stuff like all the just a prank bro shtick, minstrel shows Jim Crow humour etc. it’s also about the difference between laughing at joke and laughing at a group of people in a joke. 

There is as much dark, edgy, and offensive humour today as ever. But when those things fail to be funny and target laughs at groups they get called out now. That’s the difference. 

Women doing math is how we went to the moon. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

... better late than never? 

Will it be a real investigation with consequences, or a sweeping under the rug with a game suspension served in pre season. 
 I really want to see them come down hard on the Argos administration if this ends up being true. 

21 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

In every interview I have seen he has said he did that for his family. Second generation Canadian just wanted to maximize his earnings to take care of his family.

Yes, I certainly get that but my reaction is good for him. As a GM, you can't build a defense around guys like Muamba that just leave every year. I'm sure Adam Bighill wanted to provide security for his family as well. Yet, when he was still in his prime in 2018 he came to Winnipeg & in this world of one year deals put down roots. He even restructured his contract to take less to help sign other Bomber & CFL free agents.

I hate the one year deals. They do nothing for the CFL except let guys move around unfettered & have driven up salaries. We're the only pro league I know of that doesn't have some kind of restricted free agency yet we have a ridiculously low salary cap. Like most things the CFL does, to me it makes no sense.

My only memory is Tee Martin throwing a perfect dime to Peterson who had his man beat by a large margin only for Kamau to completely whiff on the catch.  I then look at Martin with his shoulders dropping and all of the soul escaping his body.  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

My only memory is Tee Martin throwing a perfect dime to Peterson who had his man beat by a large margin only for Kamau to completely whiff on the catch.  I then look at Martin with his shoulders dropping and all of the soul escaping his body.  

I listened to that game on the radio and I can still hear the Bob Irving call. 

"He dropped it.  He. Just. Dropped. It."

edit: found the play on youtube:

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

That was the first video I've watched today. I had to search for highlight reels of good plays before I felt sufficiently "up" so that I could leave the house.

There's no way I'm starting my day like that.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

That was the first video I've watched today. I had to search for highlight reels of good plays before I felt sufficiently "up" so that I could leave the house.

There's no way I'm starting my day like that.

That game was on my 18th Birthday. I’m thankful I don’t remember. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Everyone lost their minds when they brought in Peterson, what a great pickup! I was the only one pointing out his hands sucked... 

iirc, he started off hot and I got really excited, but then....

7 hours ago, johnzo said:

Ended Tee Martin’s career 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Everyone lost their minds when they brought in Peterson, what a great pickup! I was the only one pointing out his hands sucked... 

TBF he went on to have some very good seasons. 

So…

I remember Peterson dropped a similar pass from Glenn on the first play of the game. I want to say it was against EDM, but I can't remember. Wide open...easy TD if he catches it. Just one of the worst drops I've seen.

If I remember correctly, after he left WPG...he figured out how to catch.

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That was a perfect throw,    I don't remember the rest of his play so I can't comment if he was fat and out of shape.    

No. That was Darrel hackney that was fat and out of shape. Martin really only threw 1 good pass as a bomber and it was the one you talking about. The rest were over throws or under throws. I was hella young but had seasons with my dad and mom the year of the Kelly and tee Martin era (1 game really ) 

Peterson most likely needed to see an optometrist when he played here,,,He kind of resurrected himself when he went off to the Esks., but never ever really reached his potential.....Another receiver the Esks obtained from us also had the same problem....until he got contact lenses  ..Can't remember his name

Edited by Stickem

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Peterson most likely needed to see an optometrist when he played here,,,He kind of resurrected himself when he went off to the Esks., but never ever really reached his potential.....Another receiver the Esks obtained from us also had the same problem....until he got contact lenses  ..Can't remember his name

Adarius Bowman

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I remember Peterson dropped a similar pass from Glenn on the first play of the game. I want to say it was against EDM, but I can't remember. Wide open...easy TD if he catches it. Just one of the worst drops I've seen.

If I remember correctly, after he left WPG...he figured out how to catch.

IIRC he never seemed to have his head in the game when he was here. I seem to remember one game where he (I’m pretty sure it was him and not another receiver) caught a pass in the flat about 5 yards from the sideline and then “let his momentum” take it out of bounds uncontested to avoid taking a hit, when he had about 30 yards of real estate in front of him before he would have encountered any would-be tacklers had he simply turned it upfield which he should have easily been able to do had he just looked up. That play received more boos than any drop (and there were several of those too) as it showed where his mental game was at. 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Dark days. The passing game was soo bad. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

There was a huge Kamau Peterson fan at OB.com. 

I used to think he was Mike here, but I am pretty sure his name was Jeff. 

He was a good guy. 

Yeah think he went Mia when k9 hit rock bottom here. Showed up a bit after he rebounded after leaving. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

That was a perfect throw,    I don't remember the rest of his play so I can't comment if he was fat and out of shape.    

Right on the money. 
 Martin was big, but pretty athletic for that day. He had a big arm and mobility but didn’t have the accuracy/touch or the cerebral ability to adapt after the snap if the first read wasn’t there. He bulked up a lot after he left though. 
 It’s amazing how good an oc/qb coach he became after. But the same was true of kerwin bell, dinwiddie, kingsbury and others. 
 I didn’t like his pick up or the money we spent on him, but then we also did a poor job of adjusting the offence to him and even to our weaknesses. 

CFL opens investigation into allegations made against Toronto Argos, Chad Kelly
The Canadian Football League has started its inquest into the lawsuit filed against the Toronto Argonauts and franchise quarterback Chad Kelly.CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie issued the following statement on Wednesday afternoon:
“The CFL is committed to creating healthy and positive working and playing environments for all those associated with the league and its member clubs.

We take the allegations against the Toronto Argonauts and Mr. Kelly very seriously and we have opened an investigation in accordance with the league’s Gender-based Violence Policy.

Out of respect for this process and all the parties involved, we will not be able to provide further comment until our investigation has been completed.”