2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Rex_Banner said:

Thank god, I was legitimately terrified he’d somehow end up back here.  

I would’ve died of hilarity. 

47 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Dang, I'd have been good with Winnipeg paying Pickett $170,000. Good job by Ottawa's GM.

Right? Low key dbs in the cfl get rb treatment. 

4 hours ago, Rex_Banner said:

You say that but I would sure love his punting skills. 

4 hours ago, Rex_Banner said:

You say that but I would sure love his punting skills. 

And Brandon Barlow is off to Hamilsmell.

https://3downnation.com/2024/02/06/sources-hamilton-tiger-cats-agree-to-terms-with-dl-brandon-barlow/

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have agreed to terms with American defensive end Brandon Barlow and, barring anything unforeseen, he’s expected to sign with the team, per sources.
The 26-year-old played in 14 games for the Toronto Argonauts in 2023, starting two in a rotation that included Thomas Costigan and Robbie Smith. Nevertheless, he finished second on the team behind all-star Folarin Orimolade with nine sacks, adding 30 defensive tackles, two special teams tackles and two forced fumbles.

Barlow initially joined the Argos in August 2022, suiting up in 10 games as a rookie with 18 defensive tackles, one special teams tackle and one sack. He helped Toronto win the 109th Grey Cup in Regina.
Prior to his time in the CFL, the six-foot-four, 260-pound pass rusher spent six years at Boston College from 2016 to 2021. In 50 games for the Eagles, he made 128 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Barlow was 3DownNation‘s No. 16-ranked pending free agent. General manager Ed Hervey hopes he can boost Hamilton’s pass rush.
Pending free agents can negotiate with teams across the league during the current window, which closes on Feb. 11. Players can agree to terms on a contract with a particular team for 2024, however, these deals aren’t legally binding and can’t be finalized or made official until after free agency opens on Feb. 13.

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Riders get jameer Thurman, for 40k ish more than he made last year lol. Must be the mace effect 

They got two good player... could've got three without the overpay for Hardrick and Thurman...

23 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thurman is a good add for the Riders.

Yup....wonder what the price is....I was hoping we made a play there, but maybe they looking at too much a price

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's not a position I'd care to spend at unless the player is exceptional.  Thurman isn't.  The difference between him and say a Malik Clements is negligible in terms of winning.

yup....I agree....it's a poor spot on your defense to pay higher...well in that range...i'd say a 135-145k max there should offer you excellent value for a vet

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's not a position I'd care to spend at unless the player is exceptional.  Thurman isn't.  The difference between him and say a Malik Clements is negligible in terms of winning.

I'd be very happy if they could re-sign Clements, Cole is a good multi-tool guy but Clements is more polished, with Bighill aging out they need them both.