2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No? He is only about 1000x better than Bennett...

I’d have interest in the other Bennett. 

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

and may just happen

not sure why you wouldnt be,,,,he flourished in this environment, and no reason to think he wouldn't again....A more than capable Canadian who can actually contribute in big ways in rotation, heavy rotation....Guys like Thomas...Schmeckle...Bennett...Briggs....cannot

He’s been a backup his entire pro- career and has not shown any real stand out ability or consistency. He makes a play here or there. 

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Put me down as someone who would be very excited if our edge rush rotation this year consisted of Willie, Kongbo, Mason Bennett and whatever American shows off in camp

same

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I’d have interest in the other Bennett. 

He’s been a backup his entire pro- career and has not shown any real stand out ability or consistency. He makes a play here or there. 

well here....he had 2 studs ahead of him

B.C was a clusterfuck....Hammer makes odd personell decisions even more so than we do

He would be great here in rotation, and allows us to remove a useless canadian off the roster as well...win win

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

same

B.C was a clusterfuck....Hammer makes odd personell decisions even more so than we do

He would be great here in rotation, and allows us to remove a useless canadian off the roster as well...win win

I’m not very interested in over paying a rotational Canadian who has never really jumped off the page with his play. 

Mason Bennett has looked better. 

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Kongbo has at least shown he can rotate and make plays. Anthony Bennett has shown he can wear a uniform and not make an impact at all.

Is anyone asking for Bennett to start? 

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

same

I get what you are saying about A, Bennett but it was his first year and he is still very cheap. Rotate him in for another year and see if there is improvement. If not, cut bait.

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I get what you are saying about A, Bennett but it was his first year and he is still very cheap. Rotate him in for another year and see if there is improvement. If not, cut bait.

Bennett was an older university player and an older rookie. He's 27 and will turn 28 this year.  I don't think he's getting any better. If we can upgrade there, cut bait.

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bennett was an older university player and an older rookie. He's 27 and will turn 28 this year.  I don't think he's getting any better. If we can upgrade there, cut bait.

Agreed, He was also touted as the most pro-ready DL available and that's a big reason we took him.  Didn't seem like that to me so I'm not sure how much room there is to grow for him.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not very interested in over paying a rotational Canadian who has never really jumped off the page with his play. 

Mason Bennett has looked better. 

Similar to Anthony Bennet, Mason Bennett must be invisible, based on chatter I looked for him all last season and rarely caught sight of him doing anything noticeable.  As a rotational player may be ok, but the choice might come down to him or Kongbo.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Put me down as someone who would be very excited if our edge rush rotation this year consisted of Willie, Kongbo, Mason Bennett and whatever American shows off in camp

yea...that sure sounds good to me too.

31 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Stanback released this morning.

Just goes to show the RB pricing will not be what these guys are hoping.

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

No. This must mean the Als are gearing up to steal Brady. Panic!!!!!

I think it means that the Als paid 170k for a RB last year and felt they overpaid. Doubt they take a chance on going higher after being burned.

13 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

yea...that sure sounds good to me too.

Just goes to show the RB pricing will not be what these guys are hoping.

I think it means that the Als paid 170k for a RB last year and felt they overpaid. Doubt they take a chance on going higher after being burned.

In reference to my earlier post

885256.jpg

I was disappointed in our Bennet last year, in saying that he is still relatively cheap and deserves to show if a season and a solid offseason improved his play. However, I was very disappointed in his lack of competition last year, Kongo, the "other Bennet" etc. if available hold the correct passports and could provide great competition...remember you don't need to be at the cap at the start of TC, it is possible say we bring in Kongbo and Anthony Bennet beats him out, a guy like Kongbo could get a bad case of turf toe and end up on the 6 game or even be cut outright...Not saying that would happen but it could

Long and the short I would really like to see some better CDN competition along the D-line this TC 

I am curious in regard to the RB position, essentially, we could see Carey, Oulette, BO, Williams and Marrow all hit FA, that's 5 really strong RB's with experience, someone may go gaga for Brady, but with that amount of available talent, (minus the passport for most) I am sorry I just don't see the big dollar values being there for them. I guess we shall see soon enough.....

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’m pretty sure Pederson hates him too.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he does. But, the two of them, on a podcast? That would be... well... I would never know because I would never listen. But, at least I would never hear from him again.