2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Get ready for a knee slapper. Over on RF their chief spin doctor and shameless O'Day apologist Rider Stronson is suggesting he has inside information that if the Riders had not expedited the signing of Mason FIne that the Bombers were going to attempt to sign him as our back up. LMAO.  He's not even good enough fill the water bottles for our QBs.

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I like it. We beat Ottawa in the 25 GC at home. Collaros retires. Brown sees what he missed and comes back here to run 1/2 with Streveler for another 5 years. 

Except for the Ottawa being in the Grey Cup part I have maintained that this may exactly be our path for the past couple months. Let Brown develop and take his lumps as a young starter in Ottawa, then we swoop in.

Edited by GCn20

I actually think Fine would be an ok QB if you surrounded him with some protection and talent. I’d take him over dolegala and Cornelius any day but I doubt we had interest. Maybe. He does have potential but when’s the last time a qb In sask reached his potential. It’s been a while. Fine prob looks way better here. 

Edited by Goalie

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Good deal for Dru. Nothing but respect for him. Whether it was coming in and driving the Bombers for a game winning drive against Ottawa or coming from behind and beating Edmonton, I will always have fond memories of his play here in Winnipeg. The kid always to me had a pro ready arm. He could make those cross field throws with ease but this year I noticed the game started to slow down for him and his decision making really improved. Sad to see him go but not expected. He’s earned the opportunity to be a starter in the league. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Dru Brown is not coming back. If he's successful, he'll stay in Ottawa. If he sucks, he's going to Regina. That's where you go when you suck. 

If he's successful he MIGHT stay in Ottawa. None of us knows whether he would come back or not.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Get ready for a knee slapper. Over on RF their chief spin doctor and shameless O'Day apologist Rider Stronson is suggesting he has inside information that if the Riders had not expedited the signing of Mason FIne that the Bombers were going to attempt to sign him as our back up. LMAO.  He's not even good enough fill the water bottles for our QBs.

Except for the Ottawa being in the Grey Cup part I have maintained that this may exactly be our path for the past couple months. Let Brown develop and take his lumps as a young starter in Ottawa, then we swoop in.

I am depressed now since we missed out on Fine. Curse you, O'Day.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I actually think Fine would be an ok QB if you surrounded him with some protection and talent. I’d take him over dolegala and Cornelius any day but I doubt we had interest. Maybe. He does have potential but when’s the last time a qb In sask reached his potential. It’s been a while. Fine prob looks way better here. 

I am glad you are not our GM...lol. Fine is hot garbage. He makes Max Hall look like Dieter Brock in comparison to his arm strength. Guy throws a 5 yard pass with a rainbow arc.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The Riders can't be dumb enough to roll with the same 3 QB lineup that failed them badly last season, by hoping for a better result this season.  If Harris goes down again early, they are hooped.

22 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am glad you are not our GM...lol. Fine is hot garbage. He makes Max Hall look like Dieter Brock in comparison to his arm strength. Guy throws a 5 yard pass with a rainbow arc.

he’s better than prukop. I get the rider hate but the dudes capable. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

he’s better than prukop. I get the rider hate but the dudes capable. 

Prukop is a 3rd stringer and I don't believe for 5 seconds that we have any illusions of him being more than that. I can think of 5-6 QBs that will be available as a backup that are FAR better than FIne, and that's just off the top of my head. It's not Rider hate it's just fact. I would take Dolegala long before I would ever take Fine. The guy can't make every throw. For anyone to think the Bombers coveted Fine is just crazy. 

In order of preference here is who I would look at before Fine:

Streveler, Shiltz, Cornelius, Barriere, Arbuckle, and Dolegala 

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Riders can't be dumb enough to roll with the same 3 QB lineup that failed them badly last season, by hoping for a better result this season.  If Harris goes down again early, they are hooped.

They are NOT going with the same 3 QBs. Doesn't sound like Dolegala will be back. Baffling, as he was much better than Fine imo.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Prukop is a 3rd stringer and I don't believe for 5 seconds that we have any illusions of him being more than that. I can think of 5-6 QBs that will be available as a backup that are FAR better than FIne, and that's just off the top of my head. It's not Rider hate it's just fact. I would take Dolegala long before I would ever take Fine. The guy can't make every throw.

They are NOT going with the same 3 QBs. Doesn't sound like Dolegala will be back. Baffling, as he was much better than Fine imo.

They'd be smart to pursue Shiltz but don't know if they could afford him.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

After Strev, he is the guy I would most want.

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They have Harris, Fine, and Patterson all on new contracts. Sounds like that is their plan.

23 hours ago, Booch said:

basically...holding his hand and training him...he sucked badly in the role by himself

Dave was thrown into the role of GM with no training or grooming. Last off season when Dave became GM, he was asked if he had ever negotiated a contract. He said no. That others would do that for him. He was never involved in player personnel or scouting. But the Stamps ownership didn't want to pay for a competent & experienced GM from outside the organization so they appointed Dickenson.

48 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They play Dolegala over Fine as he was first injured & then permanently benched. Then they sign Fine. Thney keep Harris & I believe Dolegala will also be back. If I'm a Rider fan, I'm totally confused.