2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Out of context my butt, that was one of many quotes talking about how much he'd love the opportunity. 

Ask any other coach in the league, they'll respond with how much they love the CFL. You ask Chris Jones, who would absolutely bail at the first opportunity, and he'll respond that he's living the dream and he's not going anywhere. 

I don't know...saying he'd be interested in any NFL opportunity isn't something that should get people's panties in a bunch. I wouldn't mind if MOS said the same thing. It's like getting pissy about a player saying the same thing.

Edited by Bigblue204

On 2023-12-04 at 3:31 PM, rebusrankin said:

Only a Rider troll would name themselves after a reviled transphobic DJ.

Wheeler has been my nickname since I was in grade school.   Not sure what DJ you are referring to but your post says more about you than anything.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

apparently BLM said this morning that he and Milanovich didn't get along at first, but started to see eye to eye as they got to know each other better. Says he still wants to be in Hamilton next year......... so we'll see....?

"If I don't get along with him they'll stop paying me" 

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I would imagine that would apply to his recruitment going forward. At the moment the Ticats have two starters under 6 feet so they won't be getting a ton bigger in their starters. Might see Hervey going through the backups and teamers to get bigger though.

That's great news. Takes a team out of play on the Dru Brown front.

Why would you think the Als would be interested in Brown?

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why would you think the Als would be interested in Brown?

I didn't per se..just saying the chance is now zero over slim.

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Wheeler has been my nickname since I was in grade school.   Not sure what DJ you are referring to but your post says more about you than anything.

You coming on here yet again Migs says a ton about you.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't understand why Hamilton would pay BLM starter money.   I'd offer him a reduced contract with bonus incentives if he reaches certain milestones to be the veteran back up to help out whoever they select as a starter. 

I wonder about Mitchell. he loves Calgary but there's no future living there. I don't know if he wants to move to Toronto to work for TSN. I personally think his playing days are over. If I was Milanovich, I'd be excitred at the prospect of developing Taylor Powell. he was the guy that should have been playing all along but like O'Shea here with his wacky roster moves, Steinhauer did the same thing with the Ti Cats. Benched Powell for the 2 injury prone & inconsistent other guys. If I was a Hamilton fan, today I'd be singing "Happy Days are here again" with Steinhauer kicked upstairs & Milanovich taking over as HC. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder about Mitchell. he loves Calgary but there's no future living there. I don't know if he wants to move to Toronto to work for TSN. I personally think his playing days are over. If I was Milanovich, I'd be excitred at the prospect of developing Taylor Powell. he was the guy that should have been playing all along but like O'Shea here with his wacky roster moves, Steinhauer did the same thing with the Ti Cats. Benched Powell for the 2 injury prone & inconsistent other guys. If I was a Hamilton fan, today I'd be singing "Happy Days are here again" with Steinhauer kicked upstairs & Milanovich taking over as HC. 

Of all the young QB's who got thrown into the fire this yr due to injury and got more than a handful of starts...he's the one that to me looked to have the highest upside....with reps and the chnce to learn the CFL game, and recognize what he seeing without having to thiNK...should be a good QB...Was the best technically sound of the group

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Of all the young QB's who got thrown into the fire this yr due to injury and got more than a handful of starts...he's the one that to me looked to have the highest upside....with reps and the chnce to learn the CFL game, and recognize what he seeing without having to thiNK...should be a good QB...Was the best technically sound of the group

I feel exactly the same way you do about Powell. The kid has that certain something  that the other young starting qbs in this league don't have. The kid has confidence. Kind of reminds me of BLM a decade ago. 

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Man on man I hope they paid his ass well lol.  
Realistically I suspect the market for brown as a starter will be Edmonton and Calgary. 
I think ott, ham, ssk, would be interested as a qb1b to push a guy and maybe take a job. 
 It’ll be interesting to see how qb fa shakes down. I think the chances of a brown return are going up for us. 

If he's going to do that sort of work, I think that's the point, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Its hard to fathom the ticats would stick with BLM when MBT is available. 

Ottawa may also see MBT as more of a known quantity than Dru Brown.  They really have to decide what they're doing with Masoli before they chart their future course.  Does his injury prevent them from cutting him until he's healthy or can they part ways whenever they choose?