2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Yet they live rent-free in your head.

The amount of comedic posts about anything bombers on yer Lil trashy site it's pretty clear who lives rent free....the funniest thing is now they can't cling to their #1991 thing so they revert back to the idiot who crapped in a flower pot...not even realizing he was a clown from Sask visiting in wpg...that's the best part of that 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

There are young guys on the market this year. Instead they are running it back with a 40 year old QB coming off a very serious knee injury that has already shown tendencies of being extremely gun shy over the past few years. If they were contending I could see the risk taking with Harris, but they are so very clearly in a complete tear down and rebuild why on earth bring back the 525k QB who is more than likely done.

When they signed Harris last year most of this forum suggested it was a high risk move. However, they were the ugly girl at closing time and there really was nothing on the market.  This year they have a chance to get a QB of the future and are running it back.  My objection isn't so much to re-signing Harris as it is to where they are at as a franchise and re-signing Harris. Makes no sense to me. The guy offers absolutely nothing beyond this year, and has a very high probability that even this year is a bust.

Who are you proposing they hand the ball to, Dolegala?  If Dru Brown is listening to Zach's advice, he ain't going to Sask.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

The amount of comedic posts about anything bombers on yer Lil trashy site it's pretty clear who lives rent free....the funniest thing is now they can't cling to their #1991 thing so they revert back to the idiot who crapped in a flower pot...not even realizing he was a clown from Sask visiting in wpg...that's the best part of that 

Nope, the 1991 thing is no longer an argument, both the Bombers and the Riders have both won 2 GreyCups the past 20 years, both franchises are the backbone of the CFL.

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

Nope, the 1991 thing is no longer an argument, both the Bombers and the Riders have both won 2 GreyCups the past 20 years, both franchises are the backbone of the CFL.

During that 20 years the riders were a strong market for little more than a blip. They also had save the riders rallies yearly 20 years ago. And are tanking hard again. Bandwagons emptying riders aren’t the back bone of any thing but the basement these days. Best of the worst. 

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

Did Collaros tell Brown not to sign in Sask?  Or is that another assumption?  

Do you honestly believe Zach would suggest going to ssk? First advice from any qb to an upstart in fa is if you can, pick a team with an ol. 

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Did Collaros tell Brown not to sign in Sask?  Or is that another assumption?  

We're just going off a comment from Zach that suggests he's going to be helping Dru find the best place for him.

At this point of the season, I personally don't know where that is. But Tommy Condell in Ottawa might hold some sway now.

I know Brown was most likely talking with Buck and getting the low down (and I do mean LOW down) on what the picture is like in saskabush...I don't imagine Pierce would give Brown a glowing picture of what he could/should expect in riderland....Wouldn't have to look much past the gm over there and that would be enough to give Brown a picture of futility....I can see Dru giving them short shrift and a 'see ya' and look for more promising opportunities

On 2023-12-03 at 11:18 AM, GCn20 said:

CFL media needs to give hope to all fan bases in the offseason for the health of the league. You won't find too much honest assessment in the offseason. Season tix sales are down by 35% over last year in Rider land. I hate the Riders but that's not good for the CFL.

Screw the Riders & their fans. They don't care about us. I won't care about them. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Harris is the right QB to have in Riderville now,  they need a veteran who can get the ball out quickly.   What they really need to fix quickly is that o-line any QB is going to get killed playing behind them. 

Harris maybe a good fit for them but as you said, any QB is going to get killed and at his age, that's a huge issue for them.  They've been trying to fix the oline "quickly" for a few years now but JOD doesn't seem to know how to do it.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that time JBR said there was going to be a major shake-up with the TiCats front office..............

What time was that? The Ti Cats think Orlondo Steinhauer is this almost God Like figure. That he was some kind a cracker jack HC. A coaching guru. Yet, he didn't win anything. So, Steinhauer had a 15 win season in 2019. Who cares?? The Bombers killed the Ti Cats twice in the Grey Cup & he's had two losing seasons since as a coach. If any coach is overrated, it's Steinhauer. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What time was that? The Ti Cats think Orlondo Steinhauer is this almost God Like figure. That he was some kind a cracker jack HC. A coaching guru. Yet, he didn't win anything. So, Steinhauer had a 15 win season in 2019. Who cares?? The Bombers killed the Ti Cats twice in the Grey Cup & he's had two losing seasons since as a coach. If any coach is overrated, it's Steinhauer. 

He didn't win anything because he faced the Bombers. Being second best to the Bombers is nothing to be ashamed of. And, being 9th best is just Riders way of life. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Wow that’s a huge shake up. Strange jump from hc to president.  
 Wonder who their hc will be. June jones I imagine? 

With the Bombers recent struggles to do so, I'd like to see how they fit all these hats under the admin. cap.  Sounds like Steinauer should have been outright fired, but being a favourite son they found a nook for him to sit in so he could still receive a paycheque and participate.  The Ti-Cats find ways to cheat the ops. cap. almost every year.

On 2023-12-04 at 1:12 PM, Wheeler said:

Riders haven't won anything since 2013..and has been a complete gong show for two years now. We are not same right now.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Milanovich is right there for them.  Hard to believe he wouldn’t end up being the HC given that most of the candidates around the league have already settled into their assistant roles.

Good point it doesn’t sound like they are doing a search and interview process.