2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Hill looks like a really smooth. elusive type of receiver.... good hands and quick ..Hi lites are great , but will it translate into anything up here ...??

Good college career. Doesn’t always translate but could be a good one! There’s opportunity for a spot out there this season and hoping we get a competitive mix of good young players try and make a name for them selves. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

now what about his military service?

MOS has seen his resume and approved of it. Can't say for sure he has military service under his belt but if he does he stands a better chance of making the team.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Hill is an interesting signing. Ohio State has been really good at developing WR talent the past few years.

I'm late asking this but @Mike, why doesn't Alabama talent excite you? School has produced pros like an assembly line the past 15 years or so.

Because all they are really good at doing is producing the top end talent. There are some outliers of course, but if you go back and look, most of their talent in the NFL are early draft picks.

They don’t really develop the guys who don’t come to them as 4 or 5-star recruits which means I don’t get too excited when I see an Alabama guy come up here.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Because all they are really good at doing is producing the top end talent. There are some outliers of course, but if you go back and look, most of their talent in the NFL are early draft picks.

They don’t really develop the guys who don’t come to them as 4 or 5-star recruits which means I don’t get too excited when I see an Alabama guy come up here.

Other thing is if guys haven't really been playing for awhile or even trying out they might not be anywhere near the kind of shape they need to be in to come in and compete.  But they should have had eyes on and worked these guys out recently.

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

Which schools send good talent to the CFL?

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I love that he shared a high light link. highly polished slot wr. Could make a very easy transition to the cfl as a possession guy. Very much in the mold we look for in WRs. Solid size, great hands and polish, not an explosive athlete but a guy that should be reliable. Jake wenieke Esq, but shorter. Did return some at times but is more of an emergency return guy. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/k.j.-hill/32004849-4c47-7511-2479-7d5ec248bc17

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=30141

15 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Great inspirational video, probably the best move the Bombers made was resigning this guy!. Heart of a Champion!

yup...U can see the warrior in him...and how he will be a real leader here

Even had a clip of him playing my team in College at QB 

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, bryan35 said:

Which schools send good talent to the CFL?

Eastern Washington leaps to my mind (I knew there were recently a few big names but had to look them up to be sure):

Greg Peach, JC Sherritt, Bo Levi Mitchell, Matt Nichols, Vernon Adams, TJ Lee, and our latest QB recruit Eric Barriere

I was curious and did some googling... I didn't know that CFL greats Damon Allen, Mike Pringle, and Allen Pitts all played for Cal State. I'm sure some of you already knew that but it's news to me!

SFU once held a record for most 1st overall picks... so much for that... :(

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Eastern Washington leaps to my mind (I knew there were recently a few big names but had to look them up to be sure):

Greg Peach, JC Sherritt, Bo Levi Mitchell, Matt Nichols, Vernon Adams, TJ Lee, and our latest QB recruit Eric Barriere

Yep. Big sky conference in general, aac, cusa, mid America, mountain west, pac 12. A lot of really small schools in the transfer portal era too. Big prospects start out at top notch schools it doesn’t work out and go down to get starts also juco guys move up to those teams. It’s like the perfect low middle meeting place for cfl players. Also Florida state, central Florida, nd/sd and state. 

Receiver battle shaping up to be the one to watch.

Think they are looking for a slot to replace Bailey, another rangy wideout type and a returner/gadget guy out of the Americans.

Interesting how many guys we have signed at receiver who played some QB in college too.  Almost too many to be a coincidence.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I was curious and did some googling... I didn't know that CFL greats Damon Allen, Mike Pringle, and Allen Pitts all played for Cal State. I'm sure some of you already knew that but it's news to me!

SFU once held a record for most 1st overall picks... so much for that... :(

There's no Cal State. It's Cal State Fullerton. They dropped their football program years ago.

Hill is definitely an interesting signing. Dude seems to have speed and moves to burn so the waggle might be a positive for him. It’s all about picking it up tho. Interesting signing. More excited about Ohio state guy than Alabama guy lol. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Big sky conference in general, aac, cusa, mid America, mountain west, pac 12. A lot of really small schools in the transfer portal era too. Big prospects start out at top notch schools it doesn’t work out and go down to get starts also juco guys move up to those teams. It’s like the perfect low middle meeting place for cfl players. Also Florida state, central Florida, nd/sd and state. 

Mountain West Conference as well...or lot of guys who transferred out like u mentioned as well from there find there way up to CFL...or what was parts of the Big West before a lot of the realignment and what was known as the WAC

Work with a lot of players and coaches there as well...seeing as that's where I came from

14 hours ago, Booch said:

Mountain West Conference as well...or lot of guys who transferred out like u mentioned as well from there find there way up to CFL...or what was parts of the Big West before a lot of the realignment and what was known as the WAC

Work with a lot of players and coaches there as well...seeing as that's where I came from

Yeah that might be the biggest producing conference now. That and pretty much every school in Florida lol. 
 With Florida it seems to have the deepest talent, and the most scouting from cfl teams. 
 It also seems like as many players league wide come from the smallest schools that few have ever heard of before. The rarest thing seems to be a guy under 27/28 from one of the major teams like usc. 

15 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Can some one break down the talking points? Namely the JY bit? 

18 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

An outstanding program for future CFLers to be sure.