2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ronnie Brown out of Sheperd is a pretty nuts D2 guy too Bombers have signed for camp.  Senior season,8.5 yards per carry , 9 100 yard rushing games, 3 200 plus yard rushing game, exactly 3000 all purpose yards 24 total TDs in 15 games, so 200 yards per game average.  Junior season 9 ypc too with fewer touches.

Not big, not fast but fast enough 4.6 range but did everything.  Runs routes too, not just static receptions, catching on the run, downfield.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1091983&DraftYear=2023

Ronnie Brown was actually really fast at his Pro Day (4.46) with an insanely good 4.00 short shuttle time (which is a good measure of start and stop quickness and ability to change direction fluidly)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Shhhhhh, Osh is lurking.......

Booch is Oshs online persona;) 

3 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Ronnie Brown was actually really fast at his Pro Day (4.46) with an insanely good 4.00 short shuttle time (which is a good measure of start and stop quickness and ability to change direction fluidly)

If I’m being real, Ronnie Brown is a cfl name, so is Chris Smith. 

Edited by Goalie

My 2 cents on the Yoshi leaving for 120K signing and 460k over 2 seasons is that he is a good player and SSK felt that it was in their best interest to overpay for a shot at 2 years of all-star production. It could help sure up their biggest weakness and also hurt us to win-win for them and the extra cash is worth it to them and necessary to get anyone to move to Regina. 

Also I bet SSK isn't done making big-time signings I bet they will go all-in this year and will maybe try to poach another one of our players. Hopefully Demerio or Winston.

24 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

To put that into perspective, tyreek hill had a 4.06 ss, all time nfl best ss times range from high 3.7x to mid 3.8x. That’s like running a sub 4.2 40. His 3 cone is elite all his numbers in that pro day are exceptional. 10’3 broad, 37 vert 15 reps is really impressive at his size. 
 It’s rare to find football players with that kind of speed/quickness and that kind of pound for pound strength. 15 reps of 225 for a guy whose 190 is fantastic. That’s as good as a dl putting up high 30s imo 

Just now, wbbfan said:

To put that into perspective, tyreek hill had a 4.06 ss, all time nfl best ss times range from high 3.7x to mid 3.8x. That’s like running a sub 4.2 40. His 3 cone is elite all his numbers in that pro day are exceptional. 10’3 broad, 37 vert 15 reps is really impressive at his size. 
 It’s rare to find football players with that kind of speed/quickness and that kind of pound for pound strength. 15 reps of 225 for a guy whose 190 is fantastic. That’s as good as a dl putting up high 30s imo 

I believe Grant pushed out 20+...He's freakishly strong....Talking to some strength coaches I know they said pound for pound he was one of the strongest football players

27 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Ronnie Brown and Chris Smith are both exciting additions to the RB room whether or not Brady is back

I lie they direction we may be going with the RB....Explosive home run hitters who aren't scat backs....and a wide skill set

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I believe Grant pushed out 20+...He's freakishly strong....Talking to some strength coaches I know they said pound for pound he was one of the strongest football players

I lie they direction we may be going with the RB....Explosive home run hitters who aren't scat backs....and a wide skill set

I believe it. Grant is rb prototype clearly of the small play maker we want. 
Yeah love it. Guys like this could shred defences and flip field position with one touch. We’ve missed that for a long time.  Can’t just be to compete for the kr job, not three guys. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

I believe it. Grant is rb prototype clearly of the small play maker we want. 
Yeah love it. Guys like this could shred defences and flip field position with one touch. We’ve missed that for a long time.  Can’t just be to compete for the kr job, not three guys. 

nope....These are signings to be on offense....and it's quite obvious 2 of these 3....or 2 of whomever with these skill sets will be on active roster.....and yeah we've missed the hit the hole and score from 40..50...60 out since Fred Reid....which is way too long, Be nice to have that threat like how Kevin Brown ripped us for that long score

for context this was Janarions pro day

WR JANARION GRANT (5-9, 177)

Bench: 22.
Vertical jump: 32.
Broad jump: 10-2.
1st 40: 4.65.
2nd 40: 4.57.
3-cone: 7.07.
20 shuttle: 4.43.
60 shuttle: 11.56.

Thats some serious power for a 177 pounder

Interesting that they have signed a few American RBs in Smith and Brown. Wondering if they go back to an American RB? I know we still have Augustine but we would need a good Canadian back up for him. And if they do go American at RB where do we sub out for a Canadian? This of course is all a moot point if Brady comes back. 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Interesting that they have signed a few American RBs in Smith and Brown. Wondering if they go back to an American RB? I know we still have Augustine but we would need a good Canadian back up for him. And if they do go American at RB where do we sub out for a Canadian? This of course is all a moot point if Brady comes back. 

Augustine is not an option to start.

And it doesn't necessarily mean anything yet, as we always bring in RBs for TC. And we have to at least prepare for if Brady isn't there. 

7 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

we would likely go demski, woli, Nuef, Eli and one of Dobson or Kolo on offence, and Lawson and Canadian at SAM or field side corner, especially with Ford back. so Import RB is really no affect on ratio.

I would even be okay with BOLO as a 3rd starting Canadian receiver and allow us to just declare 1 National on defense, and be able to go all import on dline....with the addition of an explosive RB....Possibility of Strev in with ZC our offense will be damn hard to gauge and keep contained, and we would be fielding a stronger defense

1 hour ago, Booch said:

nope....These are signings to be on offense....and it's quite obvious 2 of these 3....or 2 of whomever with these skill sets will be on active roster.....and yeah we've missed the hit the hole and score from 40..50...60 out since Fred Reid....which is way too long, Be nice to have that threat like how Kevin Brown ripped us for that long score

for context this was Janarions pro day

WR JANARION GRANT (5-9, 177)

Bench: 22.
Vertical jump: 32.
Broad jump: 10-2.
1st 40: 4.65.
2nd 40: 4.57.
3-cone: 7.07.
20 shuttle: 4.43.
60 shuttle: 11.56.

Thats some serious power for a 177 pounder

Yeah too long. I’d love it if we also look at a beefy imp power back or two. Run rb by committee would guy or two who can return and pass catch and a guy who can punish defences block etc. 

grant is such a beast. I’ve always wanted to see the bench be a body weight bench for each guy as well. Be damn hard to find a 300lbs lineman who is as proportionally strong. That’d be like a 380+ bench reppped 22 times for one of our ol. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Houston sucked and I said it early in the season. For every big play be made he would give up one or two big plays in return. He was the guy getting burned frequently on the deep balls. 

I'd much rather they bring in someone else to compete.

I believe I defended him earlier in the season but you were correct.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe I defended him earlier in the season but you were correct.

@Brandon is taking a major victory lap... but he was right... a lot of us (myself included) overlooked the bad plays because they were outnumbered by the good ones... in the second half of the season and into the playoffs... they were reversed

27 minutes ago, bearpants said:

@Brandon is taking a major victory lap... but he was right... a lot of us (myself included) overlooked the bad plays because they were outnumbered by the good ones... in the second half of the season and into the playoffs... they were reversed

I genuinely don’t think he was that bad to start the year, but that one game where he gambled and got burned for the TD was basically the end of him being even remotely good