2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously a huge fan of the incoming Strevolution.... and what a deal on that contract.

Quasi-necro post here, but since it wasn't really mentioned a couple pages back.... the Koala contract might be the worst in KW's tenure here. Gave a pretty sizeable raise to a guy that is maybe the 7/8 OL on this team. They must be expecting to lose at least one piece or maybe two (Gray/Yoshi) and paid out of desperation. Either way, looks super ugly. 

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

How is our starting center the 7th or 8th on the chart when we don’t even have 8 OL signed for next year. 

gray and hardrick aren’t signed and at this point I’d be somewhat surprised if they signed them 

He’s bad. Expect gray back imo. 

knew this was a forgone conclusion...as I said expect it in Jan..well they waited to last day.

Very economical price tag, and love the 1 yr deal as well, so as to revisit in the next off-seasn.

People will be surprised at how different he is as a passer now, and being out from under Lapo here who stagnated him will be huge, and I know we are gonna see a lot of 2 QB packages this summer...good luck with that opposing defences.

Schoen will be next, and best of the rest I bet will gauge what market has to offer now...tho I think we could see a Hardrick 1 yr deal sooner than later

I think this as well puts the nail in the BO coffin unless he realizes that no market is being set, and fair value is his best interests....if not i think we pull a shocker and lock down Oullette...will gave same as BO for less, and has a bit more explosiveness to him as well

51 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The worst nightmare for the rest of the league has now surfaced......good luck trying to game plan around Chris...luv it

Gives them a whole new way to put the ball in the endzone, from 30 yards in he's a running threat they'll have to pay attention to.  The main thing his game was lacking in 2019 was patience, he didn't spend much time looking down field, hopefully he's learned to slow things down and take his time.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

obviously a huge fan of the incoming Strevolution.... and what a deal on that contract.

Quasi-necro post here, but since it wasn't really mentioned a couple pages back.... the Koala contract might be the worst in KW's tenure here. Gave a pretty sizeable raise to a guy that is maybe the 7/8 OL on this team. They must be expecting to lose at least one piece or maybe two (Gray/Yoshi) and paid out of desperation. Either way, looks super ugly. 

What is he making? I missed it.

Your (very) average NI guard is probably making $125k + 

He was better than average and is a guy who can play two spots. One spot being catastrophic if you get below average play (centre).

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He’s bad. Expect gray back imo. 

I don’t agree that he is bad. I think he played better towards the end of the year as well. 

He has rough spots - but show me a Centre that didn’t last year. 

Edited by Geebrr

Gray in my opinion was worse than kolo. I don’t see it with gray. 

i also thought Stanley Bryant was owned multiple games also.  It stuck out to me cuz normally nobody gets by big Stan but last season, there were games where Stan looked completely done. I prob wouldn’t have signed neufeld to a new contract tho as in my opinion if you rarely practice then you shouldn’t play. 

I’ll say this. I hope training camp this year is a competition and not like last year where our vets pretty much got a free pass. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

140 per season 

Ouch....

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What is he making? I missed it.

Your (very) average NI guard is probably making $125k + 

He was better than average and is a guy who can play two spots. One spot being catastrophic if you get below average play (centre).

I don’t agree that he is bad. I think he played better towards the end of the year as well. 

He has rough spots - but show me a Centre that didn’t last year. 

he can play 2 sure....but would be a horrible undersized guard and eaten alive....and he's barely an average center....and if he is to be the 6th guy a poor choice there too...we can do so much better with that 140k

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I've changed my mind on Kolo. I have decided that Walters plan is that he drafts a stud OL prospect who becomes our 6th OL, while Eli beats out Kolo and then Kolo is dealt for draft capital. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😉

It is sort of sketch to sign a guy with an eye towards trading him before he gets to FA and can pick the place he wants to go. 

I guess if you were up front with him - then it is all good. You don’t want guys afraid to commit. 

Edited by Geebrr

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

knew this was a forgone conclusion...as I said expect it in Jan..well they waited to last day.

Very economical price tag, and love the 1 yr deal as well, so as to revisit in the next off-seasn.

People will be surprised at how different he is as a passer now, and being out from under Lapo here who stagnated him will be huge, and I know we are gonna see a lot of 2 QB packages this summer...good luck with that opposing defences.

Schoen will be next, and best of the rest I bet will gauge what market has to offer now...tho I think we could see a Hardrick 1 yr deal sooner than later

I think this as well puts the nail in the BO coffin unless he realizes that no market is being set, and fair value is his best interests....if not i think we pull a shocker and lock down Oullette...will gave same as BO for less, and has a bit more explosiveness to him as well

Wade couldn't make the announcement until he made sure he was able to get his hands on enough fur coats to start selling them at the Bomber Store. 😂

Just now, Booch said:

Ouch....

he can play 2 sure....but would be a horrible undersized guard and eaten alive....and he's barely an average center....and if he is to be the 6th guy a poor choice there too...we can do so much better with that 140k

I don’t see much out there appreciably better. The top tier NI guards probably make 40k more than that and can’t play Centre. 

He isn’t as bad as he gets portrayed here. Not even close. 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t see much out there appreciably better. The top tier NI guards probably make 40k more than that and can’t play Centre. 

He isn’t as bad as he gets portrayed here. Not even close. 

There’s always one or 2 who are convinced they know more than the ppl who see them everyday.  Between you and me ;) there’s definitely one guy like that on here and to be honest it gets annoying reading some of his posts. Just believes he knows more. Like Mike years ago but Mike doesn’t do that anymore. The other guy does tho. 

Edited by Goalie