2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

He’s top 3 NI WR in the league imo. Behind Demski and Gittens Jr.

I’d rather have Woli than KSB for example. 

KSB is a horrible route runner and technically awful...was so hyped by Suitor and TSN for a few good games and play...suspect hands too.

Woli has great hands...great routes...knows where soft spots are to help out his QB...great in run game and pass protection...as solid as solid as u can get...and he's a leader 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Emulis I’d say is close to top tier. 
The other 3 I’d rate a shade below, in no particular order. 
Just my own opinion. 

Emilus needs to put solid seasons together first...but he doesn't do it all either...Mcinnis too...one yr really of good production...but also was in a pass first and pass heavy offense....Cottoy I would put in the teir with Woli....Smith...had to look him up ..let's see what yr 2 thru 4 holds...he seems like right now a 1 trick pony

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Emulis I’d say is close to top tier. 
The other 3 I’d rate a shade below, in no particular order. 
Just my own opinion. 

Cottoy and McInnis are basically uncoverable and huge mismatch issues.  Those guys and Wolitarsky are best at that basically H back who blocks but also lines up really anywhere kind of role.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Emilus had over a 1000 yards last season. There's quite a few Canadian receivers last year who put up some good numbers who flew a little bit under my radar.

The depth of quality for ni WRs in the league has really exploded of late. We used to see one or two guys like cotoy or woli at a time. Now we see several. 
 It might become the new norm to start 2-3 ni WRs at this rate. Things have come a long way from the days of the token Canadian pass catcher no one covers because he can’t out run any one. 
 The thing that separates woli is jbr said, he’s basically an h back and a wr at the same time. Dude is a menace blocking out there. But he’s also an elite ni possession wr with tremendous physicality who isn’t a slug. He could start in this league with out the pass port. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The depth of quality for ni WRs in the league has really exploded of late. We used to see one or two guys like cotoy or woli at a time. Now we see several. 
 It might become the new norm to start 2-3 ni WRs at this rate. Things have come a long way from the days of the token Canadian pass catcher no one covers because he can’t out run any one. 
 The thing that separates woli is jbr said, he’s basically an h back and a wr at the same time. Dude is a menace blocking out there. But he’s also an elite ni possession wr with tremendous physicality who isn’t a slug. He could start in this league with out the pass port. 

back in the 60. 70's & 80's when that passing game exploded there was always a t least one starting Canadian who was an impact receiver. The Lions had Jim Young who was a thousand yard receiver & IMHO one of the Top 10 receivers of all time. The Stamps had guys like Rudy Linterman, Gerry Shaw & Terry Evanshen. The Riders had Bob Richardson & Jeff Faairholm, Bombers had Bob Larose, Joe Pop & Rick House.  Ottawa had Whit Tucker & Tony Gabriel. I guess my point was that great Canadian receivers have always been a part of  CFL offenses going back 70 years but I agree with you that the guys that play now have taken things to another level. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

A lot of that has to do with CFL becoming ever more inclusive on what the definition of a Canadian is. 

15 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

A lot of that has to do with CFL becoming ever more inclusive on what the definition of a Canadian is. 

What's inclusive? The rules have always been there in one form or another going back to the 60's. They just took the rules already there & expanded upon them. That's not being inclusive.

One of my best friends is the son of Stamps great DT Don Luzzi. He's in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. He came to Calgary in 1957 born & raised in  Connecticut. He was an All American OT/DT at Villanova who played with Joe Faragalli. He played 11 seasons for the Stamps. After 5 years, he became a Canadian for roster purposes & played as a Canadian the rest of his career even though he never set foot in Canada until the day he arrived as a rookie for training camp. That was then. 

As some of you know, my son lives in Seattle. His wife is an American. They're expecting their first child this coming May. If they have a son who plays high school & college football down there & is becomes good enough to be drafted by a CFL team then he could play as a Canadian because my son was a Canadian citizen. This is now. 

The rules have always been there in one form or another. If anything as I said, it's an expansion to the rules of what teams can do now with their rosters on Game Day with the definition of a Canadian. That's not being inclusive. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2024-01-20 at 11:07 AM, Noeller said:

Dom Wooganowski.... was never going to play anywhere else. I know that it can sound like bullshit, but the last time he signed he said that he's not going to play anywhere else in the CFL. That he'd retire if the Bombers didn't want him anymore. He just wants to live in MB, play music, and a bit of football on the side. Glad he's going to (likely) finish things up with the '25 GC...

I agree. Everything he stated so far can lead a person to that reasonable conclusion. Similar to how one can make the same conclusion, based on what the player has stated in the past, that Schoen would like to return as well. Just saying.

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Barring a miracle of biblical proportions, I suspect it will come down to either Oliveira or Shoen. Can't decide which I would prefer.

Why would it come down to either or tho. Why not both? 

on a side note .zach collaros chilling with T swift tonight at the bills chiefs game. Zach went to school with the Kelce guys.