2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

52 minutes ago, JCon said:

I thought the TiCats had Powell waiting behind BLM? Why would they be interested in Brown? 

Because Powell is a season or two from being ready to be a starter?  BLM is not the answer (even short term) and Powell isn't ready yet so Brown would give them their best shot.

For us, Powell would be a good fit as he'd have another year (or two) to develop behind Zach.  He'd be in a prime spot to take over for Zach (assuming he wraps up his career or we move on after this contract is up).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another note from Walters today was that Oliveira and Schoen have said they are committed to trying to catch on with the NFL right now, so they're not even willing to talk about CFL contracts.... Interesting that Schoen is still trying to kick the can. 

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

my guess is Brown goes to Calgary.

Maier wont win grey cups. Brown  might. 

and nothing wrong with being a qb for Dave Dickensen.

calgary has good receivers. and a ground game.

probably the best spot right now career wise.

Yup my feeling from the onset as well. 

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Looks like the 2024 Bombers are gonna look a lot different than the 2023 iteration.

I suspect a good bit younger. 
 Im not worried about our ability to find and recruit talent. My worry has been our ability to move on from guys, and this off season has shown great improvement in that area. 
 I’m sure it won’t be a 100% ideal off season for any one from the fans to walters, we will go into next tc with questions. But I think we will fill those out. 
 I think the draft is even more critical than the free agency period. We badly need to restock our ni depth. 

Brown's agent says he's mostly looking for a place where he can compete for the starting pivot job....Ottawa and Calgary seem to be the locations for that scenario....Says that money isn't necessarily the motivating factor for the move....Odd words coming from an agent and a bad negotiating statement going into talks with another club....Good luck Dru

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

my guess is Brown goes to Calgary.

Maier wont win grey cups. Brown  might. 

and nothing wrong with being a qb for Dave Dickensen.

calgary has good receivers. and a ground game.

probably the best spot right now career wise.

I hate this. Walters and O'Shea will some have some splainin' to do when the Stamps kick our ass around town with Brown at the helm.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Why would Stanley Bryant have to wait for the dominoes to fall?  He negotiates his own contracts and it's not like he's inline for a raise.  I guess if Walters wanted to chop his salary too much, he could always make more playing elsewhere.

I’m guessing it’s just a matter of him letting walters figure out what he can afford to pay him. I doubt the pay is a big factor in his return. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Brown's agent says he's mostly looking for a place where he can compete for the starting pivot job....Ottawa and Calgary seem to be the locations for that scenario....Says that money isn't necessarily the motivating factor for the move....Odd words coming from an agent and a bad negotiating statement going into talks with another club....Good luck Dru

Man I hope it’s not Calgary. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Same. And it scares me. 

Committing to a core who hasn't been able to get it done. What are we, the Toronto Maple Leafs?

I feel the opposite way you do. I'm quite excited to bring back as much of the core as we can. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I feel the opposite way you do. I'm quite excited to bring back as much of the core as we can. 

I hope you're right!

My fears are the dam started showing cracks last year (that anyone could see) and that the dam bursts this year. 

At worst, what, this roster should pull out 11, 12 wins. And maybe that's just us being entitled at this point. And it is the CFL, after all. A 3 game win streak wins it all 🤣

Edited by Dr Zaius

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I hope you're right!

My fears are the dam started showing cracks last year (that anyone could see) and that the dam bursts this year. 

I feel like too many people are still trapped in the drought. They don't believe that the Bombers can actually be good. Every loss is a harbinger of doom. Every interception is Zach getting too old, every sack is the OL deteriorating. Ignoring the fact that we still placed first in almost every meaningful statistical category for the past 3 seasons. 

We are a great team. Period. Full stop.

There are areas we can improve. First glance of the off season (early signings and coaching changes) shows me we are committed to making those improvements. 

Edited by Jesse
typo

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I feel like too many people are still trapped in the drought. They don't believe that the Bombers can actually be good. Every lose is a harbinger of doom. Every interception is Zach getting too old, every sack is the OL deteriorating. Ignoring the fact that we still placed first in almost every meaningful statistical category for the past 3 seasons. 

We are a great team. Period. Full stop.

There are areas we can improve. First glance of the off season (early signings and coaching changes) shows me we are committed to making those improvements. 

Fair, but what signings are you really excited about?

We're going to lose Schoen. 

Bighill was a straight liability in the Grey Cup. I don't see reason for much optimism there amongst the LB corps
Collaros has been dog **** for 3 straight Grey Cups, sans showing up super clutch in OT in 2021.

I'm not disagreeing with you, btw, I'm just not seeing many upgrades. 

Edited by Dr Zaius