2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Right. The guy I was thinking of on our list forever was Andy Mulumba. 

We gave up the rights to Mace instead of Tom Canada for Zeke Moreno in 2008. 

Mulumba! He's coming. He's coming. He's coming. He doesn't have an NFL PR contract now so he's coming!! BIlikudi? Where's Bilikudi?? He's coming, as well. 

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ballsy AND Dunk both said it was Buck... So I think it was, and then Buck turned them down after thinking about actually having to live in "If Rural Alberta Was A Whole Province"... And changed his mind. Losers had to double back on Mace.

Looks like Buck couldn't convince his wife to upend their comfortable lives and move to Shitbush.  He owes her one.

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Riders fans will be all giddy that Mace will be bringing all the Argos FA's with him, don't tell them it will only be the shitty ones.

LOL

If Boatman is a locker room cancer as some speculate then he'd be welcome in Regina...

Riders say no to Bombers' Buck Pierce (msn.com)

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

That could still happen :)

Funny enough, Buck Pierce allegedly was very enticed by working with Trevor Harris.

What was he supposed to say...man the QB situation here really sucks ..but I'll throw my hat in the ring

And was it a case Buck in end said ..hmmm....nah...I will stay out.....maybe so and there some validity to that dumb Justin Timberlake looking clown Ballsac or whatever his name is 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

What was he supposed to say...man the QB situation here really sucks ..but I'll throw my hat in the ring

And was it a case Buck in end said ..hmmm....nah...I will stay out.....maybe so and there some validity to that dumb Justin Timberlake looking clown Ballsac or whatever his name is 

I have it on pretty good authority that Buck wanted the job, he didn’t decline. I know fans of Big Blue would like to think that’s the case to push the agenda, but sadly, not so.

Regardless, Mace is a great hire. There was no losing for the Riders with Pierce or Mace.

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I have it on pretty good authority that Buck wanted the job, he didn’t decline. I know fans of Big Blue would like to think that’s the case to push the agenda, but sadly, not so.

Regardless, Mace is a great hire. There was no losing for the Riders with Pierce or Mace.

Ok. But there was also 'pretty good authority' saying Pierce was the front runner. 

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Yep. I"d say the Riders need to go with 3 imports on the OL, like the Bombers did not that long ago.  But who's going to find good ones? Sure as cuss not O'Day.

Problem is for them they need OTs and those are very tough to find these days. NFL hords them like they are a leprechaun protecting their pot of gold.

9 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

That could still happen :)

Funny enough, Buck Pierce allegedly was very enticed by working with Trevor Harris.

If you believe that nonsense from Stronson then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Buck never said a public word to anybody about Harris. Purely Riderfan fiction. I can bet big dollars Buck's plan was to bring Brown with him, and at the end of the day O'Day was the one betting on Harris by hiring Mace. This will likely cost O'Day his job after this year.

Edited by GCn20

5 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I feel that in the end O'Day was not comfortable with Buck's plan to scrap Harris and go with Brown. Stronson can scream from the rooftops that Pierce loved Harris, but that is just purely spin and meat shielding Mace for agreeing to go with Harris to get the job. Buck would have brought Brown to the Riders with him. He LOVES Brown and Brown looks to be ready. Any noise about Buck doing cartwheels over a 38 year old has been coming off an achilles injury is just absolute nonsense, and quite frankly an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Edited by GCn20

I would’ve liked to see fresh blood at oc, but realistically getting an oc with the experience needed to immediately out perform buck would’ve been hard and very un likely to happen. Hope fully buck can continue to improve. Despite my personal preference and general desire to see fresh blood calling the offence in cfl I’m sure we are better off this way for 2024. 
 Im sure buck will get his chance eventually and he’s a great guy. Waiting longer to be a hc will be better for him too. 

going to be real interesting to see what kind of staff mace puts together. 

5 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

With out inside info I have no doubt that buck wanted the job and mace was the pick. Mace is who I’d pick too. Buck wouldn’t have gone that far through the process to decline and not publicly pull out of the running. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I would’ve liked to see fresh blood at oc, but realistically getting an oc with the experience needed to immediately out perform buck would’ve been hard and very un likely to happen. Hope fully buck can continue to improve. Despite my personal preference and general desire to see fresh blood calling the offence in cfl I’m sure we are better off this way for 2024. 
 Im sure buck will get his chance eventually and he’s a great guy. Waiting longer to be a hc will be better for him too. 

going to be real interesting to see what kind of staff mace puts together. 

With out inside info I have no doubt that buck wanted the job and mace was the pick. Mace is who I’d pick too. Buck wouldn’t have gone that far through the process to decline and not publicly pull out of the running. 

There was a tweet yesterday by a Rider media person that Buck was the choice and that the Bombers were making a pitch to keep him by promising him HC in waiting. It was pulled down an hour later but there are screenshots of it online. My personal belief is that Buck wanted Brown, and O'Day was squeamish to stake his job on a rookie starter.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

There was a tweet yesterday by a Rider media person that Buck was the choice and that the Bombers were making a pitch to keep him by promising him HC in waiting.

I never put any value in any insider information in the cfl. I’ve seen soo much junk shared in every form of outlet from posts on here to tweets to articles. 
Hc in waiting behind mos is a long long long wait. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Ok. But there was also 'pretty good authority' saying Pierce was the front runner. 

Pretty much every connected media person in-the-know had said so. I'm not buying that Mace was necessarily their first choice. I think Buck was with conditions attached by O'Day that ultimately Buck couldn't get behind.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I never put any value in any insider information in the cfl. I’ve seen soo much junk shared in every form of outlet from posts on here to tweets to articles. 
Hc in waiting behind mos is a long long long wait. 

Buck is happy here though and if you read his interview from last year when he turned down Ottawa, it is very clear he is in no rush, The situation for him to go to HC has to be just right and there would be nothing he would love more than being HC here. We all know that. I agree that the media is notoriously unreliable, but in this case everyone seemed to be in agreement on what they were hearing...and that is rare. I do agree that the HC in waiting angle by Ball seems like a long shot though.

Edited by GCn20