Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't know how much we'd actually get but a first round pick in this upcoming draft would be pretty purposeful at this point.  It's a draft full of players and we have a ton of guys who are key over 30 and potentially done.

I mean we got a kings ransom in the past trading a far more damaged qb to the east. 

I think 1 first 1 conditional 1st/2nd and a useful ni depth piece plus a roster worthy imp. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Prime target. Or edm, maybe ham, or cal. Most of those teams have some assets worth taking. Would be nice to send him to the east. 

what's the sense of making deals for good/great players when you are acquiring them for a coach who will just ignore them as long as there is a vet around that is breathing

Edited by Stickem

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

His greatest strength used to be getting free and throwing off the run. Now, for some reason, he always seems to be bumping into his OL. Is her not doing his full drop back?

I know everyone is a MOS hater right now, but I'm kind of blaming Buck's play-calling for the last two Grey Cup losses.

I don't think it's the playcallinf. I think collaros isn't adjusting to not having all day in the pocket. 

Also, the MOS stuff is roster usage which is definitely an issue.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

His greatest strength used to be getting free and throwing off the run. Now, for some reason, he always seems to be bumping into his OL. Is her not doing his full drop back?

I know everyone is a MOS hater right now, but I'm kind of blaming Buck's play-calling for the last two Grey Cup losses.

Well and where are the adjustments?

Where's the 2nd and 8 play run on 1st and 10?  Let's give Demski another inside handoff they won't expect it the 5th time.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros has sucked at the short game since day 1 here. It worked early on because teams were still in the Bombers gonna lapo the game with nothing but short passes. They've adjusted and Zach won't take the underneath stuff. 

This won't be popular but I think LaPo's extreme conservative nature helped balance Zach's strong aggressive nature. He is looking for home run balls constantly at this point.

I don't feel as bad about the thought of trading Collaros as I thought I might. For various reasons, he never moved to Manitoba and became one of us. He had his reasons and that's fine, but if we dealt him for a big haul, I'd be okay, especially knowing we have Brown. And if we could get Strev too, so much the better. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros has sucked at the short game since day 1 here. It worked early on because teams were still in the Bombers gonna lapo the game with nothing but short passes. They've adjusted and Zach won't take the underneath stuff. 

It was shocking that he both couldn’t hit his spots on medium depth passes with out pressure but completely failed to check down to open guys. He seems to be taking a step back every year. I mean he is at that age but damn. 

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

This won't be popular but I think LaPo's extreme conservative nature helped balance Zach's strong aggressive nature. He is looking for home run balls constantly at this point.

Collaros didn't get more than the 2019 playoff run with lapo, and in 2019 we had streveler to help the offense Outlook.

38 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I felt the offence as a whole did enough to win this game vs Montreal but the defence let the team down.  No way should we give up 3 touchdowns to that team. 

It was four TDs.   And all of them were 5 plays or less.   Our D was a ******* disaster in the 2nd half.  Absolutely sickening try couldn't get any pressure on  Cody.

Just now, Noeller said:

I don't feel as bad about the thought of trading Collaros as I thought I might. For various reasons, he never moved to Manitoba and became one of us. He had his reasons and that's fine, but if we dealt him for a big haul, I'd be okay, especially knowing we have Brown. And if we could get Strev too, so much the better. 

Dru and strev would be sick. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Great way to go from first to last next year.

nah. You know how many times it’s happened in this league before? Great teams always move on to young QBs. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

what's the sense of making deals for good/great players when you are acquiring them for a coach who will just ignore them as long as there is a vet around that is breathing

Not wrong. Walters needs reign in mos in the off season. Get rid of his crutches and favorites. Coaches and players. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I don't think it's the playcallinf. I think collaros isn't adjusting to not having all day in the pocket. 

Also, the MOS stuff is roster usage which is definitely an issue.

But why is Collaros so shallow in the pocket? If he needs to let a play develop, why is he taking a short drop and getting backed into by his guards?

The roster usage is overblown. It affected us today because we were playing injured players (hugely dumb move), but in general hasn't killed us this year (though easily could - I am on the roster mismanagement side).

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros didn't get more than the 2019 playoff run with lapo, and in 2019 we had streveler to help the offense Outlook.

Yeah made a big difference.  When you run those zone looks with the backside guy free it's basically giving them the free defender if your QB can't keep them honest, even by pulling it down and taking the free first down every other game.  And I think Collaros has run on purpose about once per season so that clogs up the field.

It's funny because last year before the Grey Cup a coworker was asking me about my thoughts on the Grey Cup and if collaros would play. I said well he will play, will depend on if he can be his usual self.... to which he replied something like well usually collaros isn't great in the playoffs. By God if he wasn't on to something 

Just now, Jesse said:

But why is Collaros so shallow in the pocket? If he needs to let a play develop, why is he taking a short drop and getting backed into by his guards?

The roster usage is overblown. It affected us today because we were playing injured players (hugely dumb move), but in general hasn't killed us this year (though easily could - I am on the roster mismanagement side).

I'd say in 3 of our 5 losses not having the DL as a whole with something left in the tank was a major factor (today, Hamilton, Ottawa).  Could make a strong argument for LDC too.

Major difference between how we've run our team previous seasons to this one.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Sure - but the post I responded to also advocated for the removal of the whole coaching staff.

People are getting idiotic tonight. 

Idiotic or just plain pi$$ed off.....I say we have hit the wall with this club and the sooner we make MAJOR changes the better

Edited by Stickem