Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

Tape of Ambrosie's State of the League address. 
https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/14/110th-grey-cup-media-state-of-the-league/

Summary:

The Atlantic Canada expansion is still in active discussion with a prominent individual, but it's to the point of fish or cut bait on that location. 

No mention at all of the Global program and whether progress is being made, or whether it will be soon be discontinued. 

The coaching cap will stay, as the league is satisfied with how it's helped control team spending on management salaries at the request of the CFLPA.

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The funny thing is Richie Hall is also getting in that territory from a Coordinator standpoint. It is going to be his 7th trip as a DC and DB coach and eight overall.

Ritchie Hall can be maddening at times with the bend but don't break stuff but my God when he's got the bodies to execute the man can get some great performances out of a defense. His ability to adapt in game is such a strength.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Having 3/4 of your away games in a short driving distance doesn't hurt either. I remember ex-Bomber Craig Newman telling me that the hardest part about away games is trying to sleep in the hotel the night before. He said you just never get a good sleep no matter what.

seinfeld-yes.gif

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Ritchie Hall can be maddening at times with the bend but don't break stuff but my God when he's got the bodies to execute the man can get some great performances out of a defense. His ability to adapt in game is such a strength.

Hall has done pretty well since the Bombers flipped the ratio almost entirely to the offensive side of the ball a few years ago, with BOLO in for Schoen right now he has the luxury of playing with a single Natl., Redha Kramdi.

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Hall has done pretty well since the Bombers flipped the ratio almost entirely to the offensive side of the ball a few years ago, with BOLO in for Schoen right now he has the luxury of playing with a single Natl., Redha Kramdi.

Actually technically we could go all Import cause we would have 7 on offence with Bolo in for Schoen

51 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Tape of Ambrosie's State of the League address. 
https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/14/110th-grey-cup-media-state-of-the-league/

Summary:

The Atlantic Canada expansion is still in active discussion with a prominent individual, but it's to the point of fish or cut bait on that location. 

No mention at all of the Global program and whether progress is being made, or whether it will be soon be discontinued. 

The coaching cap will stay, as the league is satisfied with how it's helped control team spending on management salaries at the request of the CFLPA.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention just for SpeedFlex27, Ambrosie intends to hang on as CFL Commissioner at least until after you're dead.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am sure grateful we have him as our DC rather than Etch a Sketch