Friday Night Football - Bombers at Leos: GDT

Noeller

36 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Did I mention how Lapo would make a wicked GM?

Top shelf. 
 That said while I hate plop the oc and guy who can’t keep his hands off the play calling duty, he is a great guy, leader, and football mind. I can’t believe there isn’t some role where he could be a great asset to a team and not get in his own way. But I have no idea what that is. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Top shelf. 
 That said while I hate plop the oc and guy who can’t keep his hands off the play calling duty, he is a great guy, leader, and football mind. I can’t believe there isn’t some role where he could be a great asset to a team and not get in his own way. But I have no idea what that is. 

I really do think Lapo has found his calling and will get better and better with experience in the broadcast profession. I really enjoy how he breaks down things for the viewer. It's engaging.  

15 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

My grandfather’s brother, Doug. 
Granddad was a huge fan too. 
They both moved here from Virden after the war and started going to games at Osborne Stadium. 

@SpeedFlex27 you might find it interesting that Cactus Jack Wells was a an old friend/drinking buddy of my Grandfather. 
Dad woke up one day as a kid and heard a really familiar voice. It was Jack Wells drinking coffee at their table, showed up to give Granddad an emergency ride to work. 
Would be like waking up to Bob Irving in my kitchen hahaha. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

@SpeedFlex27 you might find it interesting that Cactus Jack Wells was a an old friend/drinking buddy of my Grandfather. 
Dad woke up one day as a kid and heard a really familiar voice. It was Jack Wells drinking coffee at their table, showed up to give Granddad an emergency ride to work. 
Would be like waking up to Bob Irving in my kitchen hahaha. 

My dad knew Jack as well. My dad liked his beer & alcohol just like Jack & your Great Uncle did. I'm sure they all tied a few on.

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah they sure did. My Grandfather and most of his generation unfortunately used drinking to cope with the horror witnessed fighting in World War 2

Yeah, my Dad served in WW2 & was a hard drinker.  Your Great Uncle Doug & my dad were known to have a few pops now & then. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I really do think Lapo has found his calling and will get better and better with experience in the broadcast profession. I really enjoy how he breaks down things for the viewer. It's engaging.  

He is great on the panel and even better in the booth. If that’s what his career becomes then it’s great for us all. 

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He is great on the panel and even better in the booth. If that’s what his career becomes then it’s great for us all. 

Yup...he'd been a great fulltime addition on TSN as he actually adds value and insight...Next yr if they went with Scianatti as host...with heavy use of Lapo...Naylor and yes Sanchez ..he can be a slug at times but he does offer actual value as the panel that would be a step in right direction

kepp Dunnigan in the both...his color is great..his Dunniganess in his delivery is great...

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...he'd been a great fulltime addition on TSN as he actually adds value and insight...Next yr if they went with Scianatti as host...with heavy use of Lapo...Naylor and yes Sanchez ..he can be a slug at times but he does offer actual value as the panel that would be a step in right direction

kepp Dunnigan in the both...his color is great..his Dunniganess in his delivery is great...

I love Matty.

On 2023-10-14 at 11:27 AM, Piggy 1 said:

I love Matty.

Same I love his energy in the booth. It’d be well worth him going through a media course and refining his colour skills. 

On 2023-10-14 at 11:21 AM, Booch said:

I actually love Paul in the booth even more too. If we had either blm Matt or Paul in the booth doing colour for every game that’d be fantastic. With Paul being on the panel when not in the booth. 
Scianatti as host would be soo much better. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Same I love his energy in the booth. It’d be well worth him going through a media course and refining his colour skills. 

I actually love Paul in the booth even more too. If we had either blm Matt or Paul in the booth doing colour for every game that’d be fantastic. With Paul being on the panel when not in the booth. 
Scianatti as host would be soo much better. 

Gotta tell ya, I don't hate Farhan's PBP...unlike the manic Dustin Nielson.

17 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Gotta tell ya, I don't hate Farhan's PBP...unlike the manic Dustin Nielson.

Farhan was very good in the Bomber/Lions game… the only time he was unnecessarily BC biased was at the very end when he said “he’s gonna score” about ten yards early on the Rhymes final play 

Just now, bearpants said:

Farhan was very good in the Bomber/Lions game… the only time he was unnecessarily BC biased was at the very end when he said “he’s gonna score” about ten yards early on the Rhymes final play 

yeah...I think he lost it in his pants there he was so excited....

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

there were a few times throughout the game where I thought his bias got the best of him. But I still prefer him over Neilson. Can't stand his voice when he gets excited.

Edited by Bigblue204

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

there were a few times I throughout the game where I thought his bias got the best of him. But I still prefer him over Neilson. Can't stand his voice when he gets excited.

There were definitely a few times when he was actively "cheering" on the Lions. Can't stand Neilson, either. TSN is just hot garbage most of the time. I wish I could get the audio with CJOB timed up. I would rather listen to DT call plays than anyone on the TSN of CFL. Smith is still okay. 

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He's fine until he gets excited. Then it's just weird and awkward imo. I dunno, act like you've done it before type of thing. You'll never hear any other announcer in any sport get THAT excited about something, especially when it happens regularly (Like a long TD pass). 

There are so many that do this. Gus Johnson maybe the best example. 

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

There are so many that do this. Gus Johnson maybe the best example. 

Johnson is the best. You'll never hear any other announcers voice get like Neilson. Not 1. He legitimately sounds like he's out of breath by the time he's done saying "what's happening". 

Taylor gets excited, big difference being its actually HIS team. He doesn't work for TSN. And his voice still doesn't get to the awkwardness of Neilson. 

Edited by Bigblue204