Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Oh puh-lease...pulling out the victim card now? You sat on a Bomber forum and called the team a bunch of wussies for not reacting to violence with violence. Then when members disagreed with your take you went onto some weird tangent about how you were concerned about player safety and that is why they should bash each others heads in..so it will stop. 

When that remarkably twisted logic went over like a lead balloon, you tried to appoint yourself the forum leader and lectured us all on how we can be better..presumably by not disagreeing with your far out takes. That even came complete with your resume attached.

That was followed by me calling your entire approach horseshit. Too harsh..maybe..insulting...probably. DESERVED..hell yea. Put on your big boy pants if you are going to come on here to lecture us on how we could be better. I'm not here to honor your opinion, I will respect it when it starts making sense.

just can't stop can you?

To comment on us not making upgrades after blowing out the Riders...

Walter's has shown willingness in the past to upgrade the roster at the trade deadline if he deems fit. Last year I believe he went after Lawler and would have had him barring injury.

I think Walter's knows what's best for this team, and he'll make a move if he deems necessary

In Walter's we trust..

8 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I often ponder this question about TBURGESS, but do you ever grow tired of being yourself?

Darn & just when I thought you may be a legit new member here. You obviously changed your name & now we don't know who you were before which is a cowardly way of doing things on a social media site. I don't think I deserved what you said as I barely acknowledged you were here before. i

If you were following my converstaion with Gordo you'd know he questioned why I wanted to know about player injuries & basically said it's no one's business, including mine. Yet there he was barely a day later speculating on who may or may not play based on an injury practice report. So, I asked him why he suddenly cared. I was just carrying on our discussion albeit on another thread. Finally, to answer your question, No I don't. I'm especially glad that I'm not you. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I apologize; it seems you might be new here and didn't catch the joke. I'll make sure to avoid "inside humour" in the future.

"New here???" Says the guy who suddenly showed up one day probably under a new name. I can't prove it, of course but I don't need a smell test to know when something has gone rotten. Save your lectures on morality for elsewhere. We don't need them here from you. And one more thing, don't apologize when you don't mean it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

13 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I am interested in the status of players and I feel the CFL provides enough information regarding injuries to satisfy that interest.

I never said it was none of your business but rather I don't understand why teams need to provide exact return dates for players. 

In Butlers' case, tomorrow he will be on the active roster for Saturday or placed on the 1 or 6 game injured lists. Do we need to know the extent of his injury beyond that?

If I was a player, I'd have no problem knowing the extent of an injury or expected return date. I would have a problem with someone publishing my salary details on my contract as that isn't my business. I would be very upset about that.

As a fan who puts money down for tickets & is heavily invested in the Bombers, I definitely want to know about the state of players who are injured & when they might be back. The CFL also wants to make money on single game betting. Keeping injuries a secret doen't help with that at all. I think most players have no issue letting the fans & media know when they're injured & when they expect to be back. I mean, last night I'm watching NFL TNF. There was a picture of Aaron Rodgers from his hospital bed tweeting that surgery on his torn achilles today in Los Angeles was a success. He was fine letting the world know about it. If one of the highest paid qbs in the NFL like Aaron Rodgers has no issues then why should a CFL linebacker, for example have a problem? Most people here know I had a knee replacement last April. I have no problems talking about it.

At the risk of sounding like an old man yelling at a cloud ( I'm only 30 )

What the he'll is up with everyone here lately? Everyone seems so ****** grumpy and shitty to each other.

It's a football forum! We're 10-3 and been to 3 gcs in a row. And several people here just nit picking at each other. Not healthy debate either, just petty ****

-- maybe I'm on my own here but it seems as I lurk lately mbb is losing some of its magic. I only speak for myself but it keeps me away from contributing, I feel others probably too

Edited by CodyT

11 minutes ago, CodyT said:

What the he'll is up with everyone here lately? Everyone seems so ****** grumpy and shitty to each other.

It's a football forum! We're 10-3 and been to 3 gcs in a row. And several people here just nit picking at each other. Not healthy debate either, just petty ****

-- maybe I'm on my own here but it seems as I lurk lately mbb is losing some of its magic. I only speak for myself but it keeps me away from contributing, I feel others probably too

You can pick & choose whom you want to talk to. Or to just read the comments. Your choice. 

I sense a Haba appearance....with Murphy off I think maybe we see Burtenshaw back, and Haba for the Seal.....and with Clements in already for Mcrae, and Parker as extra defender, and returner that this may be our go to for the yr until Grant, Hansen and Miller get back, or some unforseen signing

Don’t see Jackson getting bounced any time soon at this point. He is part of the short yardage and heavy package run plays, and with Brady dominating like he is I don’t see O’Shea wanting to mess with that success. Also provides special teams and back-up defensive coverage, a good utility piece who can be plugged in at multiple spots. 

8 hours ago, CodyT said:

To comment on us not making upgrades after blowing out the Riders...

Walter's has shown willingness in the past to upgrade the roster at the trade deadline if he deems fit. Last year I believe he went after Lawler and would have had him barring injury.

I think Walter's knows what's best for this team, and he'll make a move if he deems necessary

In Walter's we trust..

Totally agree. Walters has never been one to sit on his thumbs if he thinks he can shore up any area of our football team and particularly if he thinks it's necessary. If a move is out there that moves the needle and is the right price, I suspect Walters will take his swing.

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

I sense a Haba appearance....with Murphy off I think maybe we see Burtenshaw back, and Haba for the Seal.....and with Clements in already for Mcrae, and Parker as extra defender, and returner that this may be our go to for the yr until Grant, Hansen and Miller get back, or some unforseen signing

I would be shocked to see the Seal come off at this point.

43 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Don’t see Jackson getting bounced any time soon at this point. He is part of the short yardage and heavy package run plays, and with Brady dominating like he is I don’t see O’Shea wanting to mess with that success. Also provides special teams and back-up defensive coverage, a good utility piece who can be plugged in at multiple spots. 

You’re probably right about Jackson not coming out of the lineup, but I disagree about him being good, even as a utility piece.  And I can guarantee Brady’s success wouldn’t diminish if Jackson sat out.

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

yeah...but anyone can do that....not like he is the key...thats the bizzare part...his backup defensive coverage would be covered exceptionally better by Haba, who was also on ST coverage teams

and like they say..Jack of all trades...master of none....and his defensive reps are uglier than Bennet's...which is not saying much

43 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Take out the good. He isn't terribly good at anything

as my previous comment...he really doesnt excel at anything....even some of his fullback use...BO has literally had to run thru/over him on some runs

9 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

You’re probably right about Jackson not coming out of the lineup, but I disagree about him being good, even as a utility piece.  And I can guarantee Brady’s success wouldn’t diminish if Jackson sat out.

he is no part of that success....a true fullback...aka Burtenshaw who played the position in College would do just as good, if not better, and not burn a DA spot....13 games in now...still cant see the reasoning other than an Osh woody

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

They can't blow off steam in the political discussions anymore, so they're bringing it here.  Don't get me started on that decision.