Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

and references Bauming's ******* show... holy ******* Christ I was angry. WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING THE COMPETING SHOW?! I wanted to strangle that guy.... I have been in DTs shoes and I wouldn't have been as calm as he was.... in fact, would have been far more dismissive. 

I don’t think anyone other than you is upset about that. DT included.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah I got tired of listening to an assload of commercials with a few moments of chit chat wedged between them

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You listened to the Coach's show?  I gave up years ago.

Same. Honestly most of the bites from mos werent note worthy. He’s a sharp football mind but he’s really tight lipped. 

kinda ot but I’d love a weekly show on tsn with plop ford maybe barker, talking about the previous week and the next week. Strategy, player performance, coaching stuff. 
 They could have guys like brown join in now and then etc. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Same. Honestly most of the bites from mos werent note worthy. He’s a sharp football mind but he’s really tight lipped. 

I got spoiled by the Mike Kelly football show and so now it's extremely boring.  When O'Shea starts offering to come over to peoples' places of work to help them salt the fries I'll start listening in again....

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

kinda ot but I’d love a weekly show on tsn with plop ford maybe barker, talking about the previous week and the next week. Strategy, player performance, coaching stuff. 

I'd appreciate it if they focused more on discussing football strategies, as the current panel overly emphasizes personalities and superficial content instead of genuine sports analysis. It was surprising to watch NFL broadcasts this weekend with retired players offering valuable insights, and I particularly enjoy the Manning Cast.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have shared their first injury report of the week ahead of their game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Saturday at Tim Hortons Field.

The Tiger-Cats began their week without defensive back Richard Leonard (head) and defensive lineman Dylan Wynn (arm). Defensive lineman Ja’Gared Davis (knee) was a full participant.

Quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell (leg) did not participate in practice, nor did linebacker Vosean Joseph (hand). Both are on the six-game injured list and are eligible to practice this week.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/12/ticats-injury-report-wynn-sits-out-tues-practice/

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

But that would cost money.

I am concerned about overconfidence. After a big victory it's just too easy to do... It's not the players I am concerned about, nor the coaches… They are professionals. They are true blue!

What I'm concerned about is this board. Wild predictions of another easy game… No moans, no groans, no complaints...
I have not heard a single piece of advice given out towards Michael O'Shea. No innuendos about Walters or Miller. No demands about lineup changes... sheesh!

This headi-ness can have very bad results. It can warp the over and under. TSN spies will pass on information so the broadcast on TV will be totally off base. This in turn can warp the Hamilton crowd. And you know what that will lead to: another overtime tie. And it will all be the result of what happens on this board. Come on team, let's get nasty! The outcome of the next game may depend on it...

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

!This headi-ness can have very bad results. It can warp the over and under. TSN spies will pass on information so the broadcast on TV will be totally off base. This in turn can warp the Hamilton crowd. And you know what that will lead to: another overtime tie. And it will all be the result of what happens on this board. Come on team, let's get nasty! The outcome of the next game may depend on it...

Wait... wut?

24 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I am concerned about overconfidence. After a big victory it's just too easy to do... It's not the players I am concerned about, nor the coaches… They are professionals. They are true blue!

What I'm concerned about is this board. Wild predictions of another easy game… No moans, no groans, no complaints...
I have not heard a single piece of advice given out towards Michael O'Shea. No innuendos about Walters or Miller. No demands about lineup changes... sheesh!

This headi-ness can have very bad results. It can warp the over and under. TSN spies will pass on information so the broadcast on TV will be totally off base. This in turn can warp the Hamilton crowd. And you know what that will lead to: another overtime tie. And it will all be the result of what happens on this board. Come on team, let's get nasty! The outcome of the next game may depend on it...

What is the meaning behind this madness? Who are you?

28 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Last week you were telling us the Bombers were a bunch of cowards for not standing up for Collaros. That you wanted blood. Now you're concerned about fans being overconfident?  Fans that don't play the game. You're all over the place. I think the babble you spew hurts your brain. 

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Last week you were telling us the Bombers were a bunch of cowards for not standing up for Collaros. That you wanted blood. Now you're concerned about fans being overconfident?  Fans that don't play the game. You're all over the place. I think the babble you spew hurts your brain. 

or your brain ... why are you so hostile?

I was just being sarcastic ... can you recognize a joke when its made?

2 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

What is the meaning behind this madness? Who are you?

Thank you Pepper_Brooks.

I also want to think Kelowna for posting Jamie Nye’s prediction “But can I mention what happened last year following the Bombers putting the boots to the Roughriders in the LD Weekend Rematch? They went into Hamilton and had an emotional let down. Last week was highly emotional for the Bombers. A lot of carry over from the Labour Day Classic against Saskatchewan and I’m curious to see if we see a repeat emotional let down.”

I was unaware of this forecast when I posted my comment earlier. I am in total disagreement with Nye. In fact, I was just trying to say in a joking manner the total opposite. If being satirical is “madness” I am sorry.

I was just amused at how this site has gone from (1) absolute handwringing after losing on  the head-but on our MOP, to (2) complete exuberance after our blowup victory in the Banjo Bowl. I find it funny at the shifts in human behaviour as we go from emotional highs to lows.

As to who I am, I started attending Blue Bomber games in 1961 when I was eight years old. My whole family are Bomber freaks; it is the main way that I related to my dad and now to my brothers and sisters. There was no stronger flag waiver than my mother.

I came over to Morning Big Blue when it migrated from another Bomber hosting site. I was a frequent poster in those days. In my comments I sang everything Blue. These days however I am just too busy with business.

I’ve spent the bulk of my career managing high-risk money, directly and indirectly. In fact I spent six of my 12 years with the Bank of Montréal as a Senior VP managing tens of millions of dollars. I later moved on to consulting and organizational health. I have also done lots of recruiting. Right now I am teaching people how not to lose their shirts in the stock market. That is vital work, protecting people's life time savings and pensions.

I have seven years of University in various types of applied psychology. I have an MBA in leadership and a doctoral certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship. So I do have a little background for what I do, say & write... (I also have an eyesight problem which is why am given to bigger fonts)

I am a very strong believer in the CFL and the possibility of it becoming a great niche for the Canadian sports mind. I really want to see it blossom and prosper. I do think it can be done if we do the right things and those things are not that hard.

I was over the top last week on the head-but. I do not apologize for that. I would like to get someone’s attention about the need to better protect the quality of our game in the form of our most valuable assets, our quarterbacks. Without our starting QB’s the quality of the on-field product is totally compromised for the fans. The NFL has done a decent job of protecting its quarterbacks; I think we can do better than that. I just want to do what I can to shake us out of our lethargy of accepting the status quo without thought. If I have to get a little dramatic, so be it. I would like to get the league’s attention.

As to my “madness” satire, I was just trying to express my sense of humour. And excuse me if I want to mock TSN a little bit. I love the passion on the site but I also think we might be taking  ourselves a little bit too seriously. So forgive me if I just wanted to lighten things up, just a touch.

We have a great group of posters here, probably the best in Canada. But me, I am always looking for improvement and I do think this site can get better.

So now you know who I am and why I am “mad”.

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Thank you Pepper_Brooks.

I also want to think Kelowna for posting Jamie Nye’s prediction “But can I mention what happened last year following the Bombers putting the boots to the Roughriders in the LD Weekend Rematch? They went into Hamilton and had an emotional let down. Last week was highly emotional for the Bombers. A lot of carry over from the Labour Day Classic against Saskatchewan and I’m curious to see if we see a repeat emotional let down.”

I was unaware of this forecast when I posted my comment earlier. I am in total disagreement with Nye. In fact, I was just trying to say in a joking manner the total opposite. If being satirical is “madness” I am sorry.

I was just amused at how this site has gone from (1) absolute handwringing after losing on  the head-but on our MOP, to (2) complete exuberance after our blowup victory in the Banjo Bowl. I find it funny at the shifts in human behaviour as we go from emotional highs to lows.

As to who I am, I started attending Blue Bomber games in 1961 when I was eight years old. My whole family are Bomber freaks; it is the main way that I related to my dad and now to my brothers and sisters. There was no stronger flag waiver than my mother.

I came over to Morning Big Blue when it migrated from another Bomber hosting site. I was a frequent poster in those days. In my comments I sang everything Blue. These days however I am just too busy with business.

I’ve spent the bulk of my career managing high-risk money, directly and indirectly. In fact I spent six of my 12 years with the Bank of Montréal as a Senior VP managing tens of millions of dollars. I later moved on to consulting and organizational health. I have also done lots of recruiting. Right now I am teaching people how not to lose their shirts in the stock market. That is vital work, protecting people's life time savings and pensions.

I have seven years of University in various types of applied psychology. I have an MBA in leadership and a doctoral certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship. So I do have a little background for what I do, say & write... (I also have an eyesight problem which is why am given to bigger fonts)

I am a very strong believer in the CFL and the possibility of it becoming a great niche for the Canadian sports mind. I really want to see it blossom and prosper. I do think it can be done if we do the right things and those things are not that hard.

I was over the top last week on the head-but. I do not apologize for that. I would like to get someone’s attention about the need to better protect the quality of our game in the form of our most valuable assets, our quarterbacks. Without our starting QB’s the quality of the on-field product is totally compromised for the fans. The NFL has done a decent job of protecting its quarterbacks; I think we can do better than that. I just want to do what I can to shake us out of our lethargy of accepting the status quo without thought. If I have to get a little dramatic, so be it. I would like to get the league’s attention.

As to my “madness” satire, I was just trying to express my sense of humour. And excuse me if I want to mock TSN a little bit. I love the passion on the site but I also think we might be taking  ourselves a little bit too seriously. So forgive me if I just wanted to lighten things up, just a touch.

We have a great group of posters here, probably the best in Canada. But me, I am always looking for improvement and I do think this site can get better.

So now you know who I am and why I am “mad”.

You think getting mad on a football forum is getting the league's attention and you think WE are taking ourselves a little too seriously? Nope just you. I'm all for lightening things up, but we are happy the way we are here and don't share your sentiment that we need improvement. Thanks, for the end run of condescension though. Sometimes you should read what you type before you hit post and ask yourself, "Am I coming off like a ******?" Just a suggestion.

Last week you were on here making outlandish complaints about the Bombers showing discipline and not starting a bench clearing brawl. You were widely criticized for your take. This week, you suggestion is that this forum and it's members need attitude adjustments and fixing. 

You didn't need to post your autobiography, we already knew who you were based on your commentary thus far.

Edited by GCn20

my lineup/management concern have not gone away....a big win that glosses over things doesnt change it...Defence was hardly on the field to wear down...so was a non issue and to be quite frank Sask offence is not very good and their run game is prob worst in the league....so if they had to play a few more snaps it probably still would have been no big deal

Offence personnel really was never an issue...was more scheme and preparedness....but we also can't expect what we saw vs Sask every game....

Edited by Booch