Ponies @ Fort Hew (#DefendTheFort): The MahFaggin GDT

Noeller

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No player or coach past or present owns nearly as much mind space on this forum as Nate. 
 I still want to see Nate Vs Bauer. Maybe we can have speed on the under card vs randy. Dibs on Paul before that. 

I'm going down a bad road here BUT I'm going to quote a few of Nate's utterings...........

I believe he was talking about us when he said this.......' this place is full of vermin and the like'....The one I found amusing , when someone asked what this particular management guys duties were with the club, he said quote.......'he's the vice president of standing around'   .....Nate was certainly worth a laugh at times

Ok, I'm game, just this once:

He would hardly ever post in existing threads, but create his own 'originally titled' fake news satire threads - usually several threads per week, or even per day. Eg. "Dougie Brown isn't accomplishing anything, other than sumo wrestling opposing OL."  But then he'd call Doug's radio show and gush all over him. Usually hilarious, always beyond ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

I'm going down a bad road here BUT I'm going to quote a few of Nate's utterings...........

I believe he was talking about us when he said this.......' this place is full of vermin and the like'....The one I found amusing , when someone asked what this particular management guys duties were with the club, he said quote.......'he's the vice president of standing around'   .....Nate was certainly worth a laugh at times

Not really. He was name caller, name dropper & the like. He only ootsted as he loved to see his comments about  the Bombers.

On 2023-07-11 at 8:38 PM, Pepper_Brooks said:

At some point, it will be necessary for someone to provide an explanation about the identity of this individual called Nate. I've come across this name on multiple occasions. Is it better or worse than being accused of being a robot 😅

Just search Nasty Nate on the forum search bar, was he Nasty Nate here or was he gone before MBB? At any rate a search of that moniker should reveal a plethora of urban legends about Morris from the village and the harrassment he faced from Lyle Bauer. lmao.

15 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

He's never openly posted on MBB that I'm aware of but no doubt he's had one or two throwaway accounts for hit-and-runs that immediately got called out for being a little too Nate...

https://www.morningbigblue.com/community/profile/904-nasty-nate/

He didn’t last too long before being banned. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

......And worthy of being banned.....Seems he just couldn't stop himself from going into a diatribe of insults, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why he so disrespected the team he was brought up with, and at one time was so fond of

He was also a big wrestling fan, and my theory is he really looked at himself as the equivalent of a wrestling heel.  

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

He was also a big wrestling fan, and my theory is he really looked at himself as the equivalent of a wrestling heel.  

It was this. I knew Morris a bit and he was an old school radio guy (did some work in various rural MB outlets) and also a wrestling fan. He truly committed to the bit he was performing. Like Howard Stern meets Old School Pro Wrestling Heel. He had some good old school radio stories but he was also crazy. I obviously spend a fair bit of time committed to trolling on here, but that guy took it to another level.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

It was this. I knew Morris a bit and he was an old school radio guy (did some work in various rural MB outlets) and also a wrestling fan. He truly committed to the bit he was performing. Like Howard Stern meets Old School Pro Wrestling Heel. He had some good old school radio stories but he was also crazy. I obviously spend a fair bit of time committed to trolling on here, but that guy took it to another level.

I knew Morris from the Village, and he was a genuinely nice man and not at all the alter ego he portrayed on the forums. With the exception of his disdain for Lyle Bauer, and some doozy conspiracy theories around that, he was just kind of a normal old guy with some real far out takes on some stuff. He wore a tin foil hat, but really was a harmless guy who openly admitted that he revelled in the contrarian role he played on the forums. Pretty sure I saw Tburg there getting lessons from him....lol. That was years ago....wouldn't surprise me if he is holed up somewhere in a tin foil lined room awaiting the arrival of Lyle Bauer and his new world order....lmao. Osborne Village never disappoints....the hippies flocked there for a reason.

59 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I knew Morris from the Village, and he was a genuinely nice man and not at all the alter ego he portrayed on the forums. With the exception of his disdain for Lyle Bauer, and some doozy conspiracy theories around that, he was just kind of a normal old guy with some real far out takes on some stuff. He wore a tin foil hat, but really was a harmless guy who openly admitted that he revelled in the contrarian role he played on the forums. Pretty sure I saw Tburg there getting lessons from him....lol. That was years ago....wouldn't surprise me if he is holed up somewhere in a tin foil lined room awaiting the arrival of Lyle Bauer and his new world order....lmao. Osborne Village never disappoints....the hippies flocked there for a reason.

I actually never met the guy, but I thought he was funny. He triggered all the right people all the time. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

gbill2004 is another name I had long forgotten about. Didn't he also get banned? Or just quit or something?

oh yeah forgot about him...so many characters were around at some point....always enjoyed Ray Jones input..aka Hootie....met him several times...great dude

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

oh yeah forgot about him...so many characters were around at some point....always enjoyed Ray Jones input..aka Hootie....met him several times...great dude

A guy who went by 'furbelly' back on OB, was pretty fun too. Not sure where he ended up.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I actually never met the guy, but I thought he was funny. He triggered all the right people all the time. 

I can't begin to imagine...his take on the 'roaring Rourke' discussion.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I obviously spend a fair bit of time committed to trolling on here, but that guy took it to another level.

Well, don't broaden your horizons. 🤣

26 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The content was definitely nutso, but he did have a few gems. My problem was the sheer number of his postings and the weird heal persona.

Too bad he couldn't keep himself reigned in.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

A guy who went by 'furbelly' back on OB, was pretty fun too. Not sure where he ended up. 

Furbelly Darren is still a big Bombers fan who lives around Winnipeg. He and his buddy Lee (Llamicus) were fantastically sarcastic assholes who kept OB.com in check and made sure anyone who got cocky was taken down a peg in a real hurry. They also played in a metal cover band...the name of which escapes me at the moment.  Lee ended up out in BC but still follows the Bombers. Guys like that are always needed and I'm glad we had them for awhile on OB.com.

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not sure why RayDawg doesn't post anymore. But he makes regular appearances on TSN during games when they pan the crowd. 

He's on TSN virtually every game. Mike can speak more to Ray's disappearance from the boards as they're very close, but I believe he said Ray just isn't into the boards anymore. Fun to know that he and his wife, the former Lil Blue 85 from OB.com, were both regulars over there. Great people, both....

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He's on TSN virtually every game. Mike can speak more to Ray's disappearance from the boards as they're very close, but I believe he said Ray just isn't into the boards anymore. Fun to know that he and his wife, the former Lil Blue 85 from OB.com, were both regulars over there. Great people, both....

Two good posters.

I'll admit no clue who they are in RL but am fine with that.