Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

56 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah when was the last time we filled a main coaching position from out side the team? Plop, who was here twice prior or hall? 
 Bourgoin has been here soo long. I’d bet any thing he becomes the co. At that point though I think we’d go out side the team to find a new qb coach and maybe some one to ast or qc the offence for Bourgoin. 

Will buck leave, who knows honestly. It’s all about if buck wants the money and the ability to move up. Buck was here 4 years then gone one and been here 9 years since. I can’t see him leaving for any thing less than a great opportunity. I don’t see that being what sask has to offer. 

I’d like khari as a qb coach, oc qc, oc ast or a combination there of. He could easily still develop into a very good oc but I wouldn’t want to take that risk. 

IIRC last outside coaching hires were Lapo in 2016 and Hall and Marcel Belfeule in 2015

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I can see that too...as can he...his life...family..business ventures are all solidly here...he has no reason to leave

He self-admittedly wants to be an HC. 

When you sign up for the coaching life, you're signing up to move once in awhile. 

54 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Yah, good enough reason for him to stay put in a secure role, young families do not travel well.

That’s true of any coach. including MOS when he moved to Winnipeg.

He is definitely waiting for the right opportunity, but when it comes…

16 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That’s true of any coach. including MOS when he moved to Winnipeg.

He is definitely waiting for the right opportunity, but when it comes…

Exactly.  Remember the stories of Collaros possibly not resigning in Winnipeg?

His wife had a secure teaching job in Ontario - those are easier to come by now, but they were not at the time