Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah Booch is reaching hard on his criticisms of Holm. I've seen him make plenty of one on one tackles, he stopped mills from breaking a huge run last week. He doesn't take penalties. 

He's not the best DB on the team, but there is exactly zero reasons to take him off the field. 

At this point Booch is just being stubborn for the sake of it lol.

yup..thats it...bingo....sure

3 hours ago, Bombertown said:

I can think of so many times holm has gone full speed to the opposite side of the field to take a tackle on a players that’s not even his. Those numbers aren’t reflective of just completions. 

Anyway I’m logging on to see where Jamal went from the injury list. DT didn’t say anything about changes in his visits to practice. Maybe a new returner?

I cant think of that...I have seen...and thats not accurate

Evan Holm stands as the heartbeat that pulses through the veins of this team, infusing it with an irreplaceable virility and unwavering passion. His presence transcends mere participation, intertwining with the team's collective soul, breathing life and youthful vigor into its every endeavor. In his unwavering dedication and fervent commitment, Evan Holm becomes the very embodiment of the team's essence, of Blue and Gold, a guiding light that illuminates their path to Grey Cup greatness.

12 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Evan Holm stands as the heartbeat that pulses through the veins of this team, infusing it with an irreplaceable virility and unwavering passion. His presence transcends mere participation, intertwining with the team's collective soul, breathing life and youthful vigor into its every endeavor. In his unwavering dedication and fervent commitment, Evan Holm becomes the very embodiment of the team's essence, of Blue and Gold, a guiding light that illuminates their path to Grey Cup greatness.

Well good day Evan Holm's Mum.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

On his bogus roughing penalty he was racing over to cover for BA who had been beaten on a post pattern. That’s one example I can think of. 

One example doesnt make it so.....and fact of matter...Guys are doing that in everygame as well....there are 3 plays that game where I recall he was beat as well...it happens to all players....with all that said we have better more rounded options....and he's in there because that option got hurt in TC and the way Osh coaches at times shows too much loyalty in some situations where it's not warranted, nor does it make team better...which should be the end goal...Nit picking can go on back and forth forever, and is pointless....our less than the best roster is gonna be an issue all yr until it really bites us in the ass, or next yr when some those guys who were slighted for no reason other than a coaches personal like/love of something makes them walk and look elsewhere for playing time.......I get it...U love Holm and he excites you.....he doesnt for me....average and adequate don't do it for me

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

One example doesnt make it so.....and fact of matter...Guys are doing that in everygame as well....there are 3 plays that game where I recall he was beat as well...it happens to all players....with all that said we have better more rounded options....and he's in there because that option got hurt in TC and the way Osh coaches at times shows too much loyalty in some situations where it's not warranted, nor does it make team better...which should be the end goal...Nit picking can go on back and forth forever, and is pointless....our less than the best roster is gonna be an issue all yr until it really bites us in the ass, or next yr when some those guys who were slighted for no reason other than a coaches personal like/love of something makes them walk and look elsewhere for playing time.......I get it...U love Holm and he excites you.....he doesnt for me....average and adequate don't do it for me

How much time have you spent watching Parker this year? The fact you think you know more than the coaches who watch him day in and day out in practice is funny, and pointless. Parker was adequate last year, Holm has done absolutely nothing wrong and doesn't need to be off the field at all. The one area of this team that the coaches have a history of changing throughout the year is the secondary. It's also an area they keep finding solid/all star players. There's zero reason to believe you know more than the coaches on this one. There's not even evidence of it through half the season. If Holm was a liability he would have been exposed by now. He's no Alford, but he's no Carmichael either. Every single issue you have with him is false imo. He tackles just fine. He gets beat as much as anyone else...including the league leader in INT. I just don't get why you think a guy who hasn't played this year is going to be better when it's just as likely he's worse. The coaches seem to agree with literally everyone else with the exception of you.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Holm has been our best DB this year. Can argue all you like but facts over feelings 

I'm not sure I'd say that. But top 3 for sure.

Just now, Noeller said:

I'd forgotten that he played last year and isn't eligible for ROTY, and I'd really been laughing at the thought of him being named our ROTY this year not because I think he's a world beater, but just to see the frothing rage on this site.... ha ha. 

That rage would only be coming from one man. The rest of us "Holm Boys" would be ecstatic.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

On his bogus roughing penalty he was racing over to cover for BA who had been beaten on a post pattern. That’s one example I can think of. 

And on that play ..the corner took odums dukes who was his responsibility...that guy was the HB responsibility on that play actually...if u familiar with the coverage they ran...safety generally is over top help but BA wax playing up a bit and bit on the flat...actually Biggie was back there if I remember correct and may have been late doing his drop off deep ..like we have him do ..or just pooched it ....dunno as u can't tell without all 24 look

IF Evan Holm reads this site I'm sure he is spurred on by the criticism .....and being critical of his play seems to be a catalyst, that seems to be driving him on.....We have to keep up the constructive critique of his play, to further his career to greater heights