Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

On 2023-08-22 at 10:01 AM, Booch said:

....and his completion percentage against is prob one worst on team...

Do you have any stats out there to indicate that? Just wondering.

He's not a good tackler one on one...gets washed out and lost in traffic as he is built like a 13 yr old kid,…

I don’t see poor tackling in his play, but that’s JMO. 
everyone just glomming onto it now....why I dunno...Prob cause he a white db from a smaller program…

Not sure why his skin colour has anything to do with anything or why you would suggest that’s a factor or even go there

I also work with athletes in and coming out o the Mountain West Conference for draft  day prep, as well as some recruiting and coaching so have a fairly good handle on what I see and how I determine things…

Why are you always giving us your resume?

which is why I have the opinion on our roster use quite often and that some players get the benefit of the doubt due to being a longer tenured guy here...even tho they are not the best player in the line-up, and or coach Osh's hardcore love of some guys for his own reasons...some not sure why, and those players see the fieldthat is a fact and many here can argue or disagree with it...but it is what it is....There should be no reason Kramdi is starting before a few others...especially when his nationality isn't required in the ratio....same with Thomas....He really should have been sent packing after last yr, or cut/PR'd this yr...but that goes back to our lousy recruitment of Dlineman and having nobody to play the spot...There are a few other guys ..mainly tamers who have no real purpose being still here, s they serve no use other than this yr poor special teams play, but coach loves them...so they are here....Rant over...lol.... (Way to stop your rant….oh, wait a minute) all I have to say on that, as I know jackshit is gonna change save for some influx of injuries, or we really pooch a few games due to it

Still waiting for that “for sure loss” to happen even once

, and the HC finally pulls his head out of his arse 

I’ll keep enjoying the winning and won’t try so hard to find a reason to gripe, or worse yet, hope we lose just so I can say “told you so” rather than have to admit maybe the character attacks on O’Shea are a bit overblown.

On 2023-08-22 at 10:29 AM, Booch said:

here are tackles per game avg

Nichols - 2.5

Rose - 2.6

Houston - 3.1

Holm -4.1

Swarmay - 4.6

Lawrence - 2.0

How is that number best on team?......

BC also had to deal with Rose/Nichols combo...which basically shut down a lot of their passing options...Wilson as well.....other factors you didn't factor in.

Provide these completion percentage numbers you are claiming as well...I have access to something but cant share here, and it doesn't correlate to what you claim

“I have have access to something that shows I’m right, but I can’t share”? You sound like Trump’s stolen election crew. What’s so top secret (or why are you so privileged) that you can’t share this definitive evidence that will show we are so wrong and you are so right?

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

His tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Evan Holm breathes air... 5 times a day and I hear he doesn't shower, rumor has it Evan Holm only takes blood baths 

Dude is a bad man. From NoDak.. he don't get frostbite,  he bites frost. 

Evan Holm gargles peanut butter. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

One example doesnt make it so.....and fact of matter...Guys are doing that in everygame as well....there are 3 plays that game where I recall he was beat as well...it happens to all players....with all that said we have better more rounded options....and he's in there because that option got hurt in TC and the way Osh coaches at times shows too much loyalty in some situations where it's not warranted, nor does it make team better...which should be the end goal...Nit picking can go on back and forth forever, and is pointless....our less than the best roster is gonna be an issue all yr until it really bites us in the ass, or next yr when some those guys who were slighted for no reason other than a coaches personal like/love of something makes them walk and look elsewhere for playing time.......I get it...U love Holm and he excites you.....he doesnt for me....average and adequate don't do it for me

You said “no examples that I’ve seen, so that’s inaccurate”. So you get an example given. But, oh, that doesn’t count, just cherry-picking. Classic Booch schtick. One play that highlights my favorites or exposes a mistake in my scapegoats is confirmation that I’m right, but the flip side is just cherry-picking. Can’t suck and blow at the same time, man. 

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

“I have have access to something that shows I’m right, but I can’t share”? You sound like Trump’s stolen election crew. What’s so top secret (or why are you so privileged) that you can’t share this definitive evidence that will show we are so wrong and you are so right?

I'd get in **** for showing it in form that it is produced....so u will just have to believe me and my dissemination of it, which you dont and to be truth full i couldnt give a fack...same with viewing 24 man film....not allowed to let public see it...well teams won't readily hand it over either...some you all crack me up tho with the fandom and just going with the tripe media will toss at you....to each their own...I'll abstain from posting and giving any....well whatever it is u consider it...some is insight...some is opinions of mine (and some others who don't post here) ...some is what I get from people within organizations/teams....

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

You said “no examples that I’ve seen, so that’s inaccurate”. So you get an example given. But, oh, that doesn’t count, just cherry-picking. Classic Booch schtick. One play that highlights my favorites or exposes a mistake in my scapegoats is confirmation that I’m right, but the flip side is just cherry-picking. Can’t suck and blow at the same time, man. 

yeah...racing across the field to make a solo tackle cleaning upn some else's miss...thats what you were implying....and the uneccessary roughness call you cited...A call which I as well disagreed with...that was his man

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That rage would only be coming from one man. The rest of us "Holm Boys" would be ecstatic.

Yeah just a good Holm boy 

Dukes of Hazzard style. 

Dude should seriously 

Good Holm Boys shirts 

Damian Jackson tho, dudes a real life hero and the guys like seeing him out there for 3 snaps a game or less 

Nobody remembers anything these days. Do you remember when Damian Jackson returned at half and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl? 

Dudes a hero. GI Jackson 

Edited by Goalie

55 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

For a waif that can’t tackle….he sure has…a lot of tackles 

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd get in **** for showing it in form that it is produced....so u will just have to believe me and my dissemination of it, which you dont and to be truth full i couldnt give a fack...same with viewing 24 man film....not allowed to let public see it...well teams won't readily hand it over either...some you all crack me up tho with the fandom and just going with the tripe media will toss at you....to each their own...I'll abstain from posting and giving any....well whatever it is u consider it...some is insight...some is opinions of mine (and some others who don't post here) ...some is what I get from people within organizations/teams....

yeah...racing across the field to make a solo tackle cleaning upn some else's miss...thats what you were implying....and the uneccessary roughness call you cited...A call which I as well disagreed with...that was his man

There were 3 receivers on that side, Kramdi took the outside guy that hung back, BA came up to take Begelton, Holm covered the inner man until he ran outside and Rose took over. Holm then came over deep to help BA with Begelton. 

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

What media? Lol. The Head Coach? I'm honestly curious who you think is pumping his tires in the media. Cause MOS is the only guy I can think of who has talked about him.

I'm still waiting to hear why you think Parker will be an improvement and what you're basing that off of. 

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What media? Lol. The Head Coach? I'm honestly curious who you think is pumping his tires in the media. Cause MOS is the only guy I can think of who has talked about him.

I'm still waiting to hear why you think Parker will be an improvement and what you're basing that off of. 

Ah yes Parker, a player that actually is as tall as my 14 yo daughter…I do like him though 😂

51 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

riddle me this....what makes you think he wont.....basing off his development from last year start to finish....and his play in pre-season before he got hurt....you saying he platued last yr?...and that his more extensive game experience as a starter wouldn't have had him ahead in any manner before he got hurt?

He has looser hips and transitions more efficiently and smoothly, and yeah Osh likes Holms feet...well feet follow hips in a DB ....and yes...he is a way better form tackler...10 pounds heavier and doesn't get washed out in the wash as easily....same measurables basically as well....

Now waiting for your analysis to the contrary....tag

31 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

Ah yes Parker, a player that actually is as tall as my 14 yo daughter…I do like him though 😂

You realize that means jack eh?...And is basically exact same stature as TJ. Lee...Deatrich Nichols....and sure others currently...they must suck too I guess....Even going back....Harold Nash...Jovon Johnson.....Jonathon Hefney...off top my head...all similar to Parker...all sucked like your 14 yr old kid would I guess if they were playing....get a grip man....obviously you have zero clue in what makes a good football player

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

You realize that means jack eh?...And is basically exact same stature as TJ. Lee...Deatrich Nichols....and sure others currently...they must suck too I guess....Even going back....Harold Nash...Jovon Johnson.....Jonathon Hefney...off top my head...all similar to Parker...all sucked like your 14 yr old kid would I guess if they were playing....get a grip man....obviously you have zero clue in what makes a good football player

It’s sarcasm. You had just commented on Holm being the size of a 13 year old.

I do really like Parker. I’m sad to see him on PR. 

Edited by Bombertown

11 hours ago, Bombertown said:

It’s sarcasm. You had just commented on Holm being the size of a 13 year old.

I do really like Parker. I’m sad to see him on PR. 

well around here it's hard to tell who is sarcasm and who is just plain ignorance to things...no worries.....there can also be 2 different body types ....you can have 2 players weigh 180....188 pounds and one can yes look like a waify teenager, and the other like a brick crap house....the Holm Parker comparison is that 100%

In terms of the roster, why Holm vs Parker? 

Imo the argument should be Parker vs Kramdi. 

I thought the turnaround for Parker was that pick in the Sask game here, where the receiver stopped his route early and Parker made a great int falling backwards. 
Following that it was play after play. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

In terms of the roster, why Holm vs Parker? 

Imo the argument should be Parker vs Kramdi. 

I thought the turnaround for Parker was that pick in the Sask game here, where the receiver stopped his route early and Parker made a great int falling backwards. 
Following that it was play after play. 

Oh for sure...Cole....Parker...Darby....anyone but Kramdi.....good teamer, but not an every dowN defensive guy....I would even slap Holm there over Kramdi....he could at least run with the slots, and RB out of back field....would not be what u want so much as a run stopper and more in the box play when required, but over all would do more than Kramdi

I don't know why they dont Flip Holm to safety and BA back at SAM....Thats where I would see Holm having the best impact and better fit......we/you don't need a big thumper back there as 9 times out of 10 u getting flagged for it now, but he would be ideal ranging sideline to sideline for over the top help

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Hot take but Kramdi hasn't been a liability as a starter... 

or an impact....many plays he is lost tho....not sure who to cover....and is adequate at best....I dont settle for adequate....there is no team in the league where he would crack a starting lineup,,,none

Edited by Booch

12 hours ago, Booch said:

riddle me this....what makes you think he wont.....basing off his development from last year start to finish....and his play in pre-season before he got hurt....you saying he platued last yr?...and that his more extensive game experience as a starter wouldn't have had him ahead in any manner before he got hurt?

He has looser hips and transitions more efficiently and smoothly, and yeah Osh likes Holms feet...well feet follow hips in a DB ....and yes...he is a way better form tackler...10 pounds heavier and doesn't get washed out in the wash as easily....same measurables basically as well....

Now waiting for your analysis to the contrary....tag

That's my point. There is no analysis of him this year because no one has seen him play. Are you suggesting a player has never regressed after injury? I'm not even saying Parker isn't as good as Holm. Only that the Coaches who have watched the guys practice don't seem think he'd be an upgrade there. And it's a group where changes have been made in past (some due to injury, but then not given back if the replacement shows well). 

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Main thing for him is always health which is likely why they are keeping Darby on, who was a major liability in the first 5-6 games.  This is the first time he's stayed healthy getting regular reps on D for more than a couple games.  D across the board (yards allowed, points allowed) has been better since this current group of regulars started playing together, Wilson, Kramdi, Houston and Rose at corners.

38 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If I'm not mistaken he was the guy who missed the block on the blocked punt last week.

Yup...went through his area..

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's my point. There is no analysis of him this year because no one has seen him play. Are you suggesting a player has never regressed after injury? I'm not even saying Parker isn't as good as Holm. Only that the Coaches who have watched the guys practice don't seem think he'd be an upgrade there. And it's a group where changes have been made in past (some due to injury, but then not given back if the replacement shows well). 

Do u really 100 percent believe that tho? I don't...our staff whether we like to admit/agree on it plays favorites...it's not really killing us in this instance...but we could be better or more versatile tho...and if we managed roster better we could take advantage of it..yeah we are winning...but also for 2 yrs now basically standing pat and not trying to be even better...which isn't necessarily a good thing in long run

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Now that we're relatively healthy, I don't take issue with any of our starters. The D has been excellent.

I would just arrange the depth differently. And take McCrae off returns.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Main thing for him is always health which is likely why they are keeping Darby on, who was a major liability in the first 5-6 games.  This is the first time he's stayed healthy getting regular reps on D for more than a couple games.  D across the board (yards allowed, points allowed) has been better since this current group of regulars started playing together, Wilson, Kramdi, Houston and Rose at corners.

That's more a result of Jeffcoat....and then Wilson and Rose coming back...not Kramdi insertion...and Darby was good first few games...and not anything worse than Kramdi after that...the fact tho we don't utilize the fact we have extra Canadian starter on defence and use another Dtackle...or end with no impact on ratio and shift WJ or Jeffcoat inside on some sets is odd...as would make our Dline and defense as a whole way more effective..

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...went through his area..

Do u really 100 percent believe that tho? I don't...our staff whether we like to admit/agree on it plays favorites...it's not really killing us in this instance...but we could be better or more versatile tho...and if we managed roster better we could take advantage of it..yeah we are winning...but also for 2 yrs now basically standing pat and not trying to be even better...which isn't necessarily a good thing in long run

I do to a certain extent. They've made changes in the past when it's a glaring problem. Holm isn't a glaring problem so I understand why they aren't making the change.