Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I can see some Lawson and 3 de sets and it causing some issues....Jeffcoat as well when used in middle is pretty effective....He's prob the best pure pass rusher on the roster, and is good against run...when healthy, he's prob the best all around dlineman in the CFL

Once Hansen is healthy it’s going to be sick. Pr Bennett if we are really lucky get ford back to take his place and maruo hits the pr maybe machino gets a long awaited apple and road map. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Once Hansen is healthy it’s going to be sick. Pr Bennett if we are really lucky get ford back to take his place and maruo hits the pr maybe machino gets a long awaited apple and road map. 

yup...will be a lil ripple effect for sure...Hansen and Haba spelling off the Jeff's...and in sets all together like we did with the Jeff's and Kongbo/Hansen will be a nice group. Lawson will give us way more than what Jake does...and likely WALKER who needs to pick up his game and show us all this "stuff" Osh rambles on about...I have yet to see it other than a few sporadic plays...Having Ford back would be huge....He could be an 8th Canadian starter on the corner and allow us to dress that other import DB...or DT...or get Cole back on roster who we miss on tams...Him and Miller back...and Hansen for that matter will be huge for our cover units

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...will be a lil ripple effect for sure...Hansen and Haba spelling off the Jeff's...and in sets all together like we did with the Jeff's and Kongbo/Hansen will be a nice group. Lawson will give us way more than what Jake does...and likely WALKER who needs to pick up his game and show us all this "stuff" Osh rambles on about...I have yet to see it other than a few sporadic plays...Having Ford back would be huge....He could be an 8th Canadian starter on the corner and allow us to dress that other import DB...or DT...or get Cole back on roster who we miss on tams...Him and Miller back...and Hansen for that matter will be huge for our cover units

If it wasn’t for jakes age and miles I would say dig up another ni dt and start him and Lawson dump walker all together. If we could find a reasonable rotational ni dt we could still make it work.
We just really need to smarten up with the imp dt spot. Once that’s done and we are a bit healthier this front will be a monster. 
 Just getting healthy is going to be like a making a couple massive pick ups. 

still miller Hansen rose Houston Parker and kyrie to come back. Maybe half way recovered from the ir bug to start the year. This D is gonna be excellent if we can get and stay healthy. 

I feel like the cfl has gone don Mathew’s with rosters. Far more guys moving around playing different positions on d. More getting the best players on the field than strict positional limits. We seem to be behind the times on that other than dl. 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maybe he was playing hurt...and hence his poorer play....from when we picked him up...and thru first game he was very good

I’m sure that’s it. Dude is solid at worst. We have a really good secondary, on the ir. 

If Alford and ford came available it’d be really prudent to do what it takes to bring them back. 

Jeffcoat was only on the 6 game IR for 2 weeks. So Lawrence may have an issue that is indeterminate and he could be back sooner as well. OTOH, Rose may be back before him since he was running but not practising last week. Musical chairs somewhat with our injuries and return dates not known by us posters. A few of them may be ready soon technically. Whether their injury status allows that IDK.

2 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Jeffcoat was only on the 6 game IR for 2 weeks. So Lawrence may have an issue that is indeterminate and he could be back sooner as well. OTOH, Rose may be back before him since he was running but not practising last week. Musical chairs somewhat with our injuries and return dates not known by us posters. A few of them may be ready soon technically. Whether their injury status allows that IDK.

Could really use some good reporting. They don’t have to say it’s this injury or that or super serious or not. Just let us know if they might be back sooner than 6 or not, what’s going on with lawler, if and when guys are getting close. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Could really use some good reporting. They don’t have to say it’s this injury or that or super serious or not. Just let us know if they might be back sooner than 6 or not, what’s going on with lawler, if and when guys are getting close. 

it's not about the reporting, it's about the information that the team releases.... and they choose to release very little, in order to protect the players' privacy as much as possible. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just saying that's how it is and it's certainly not the reporters fault. They just don't have anything to work with.

correct me if I'm wrong,

but It looked to me like clements is really fast,  ie catching up to qb that is escaping around the end.

I cant fathom how you guys know so much about each player. 

watching games a few times? slowing down plays?

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

it's not about the reporting, it's about the information that the team releases.... and they choose to release very little, in order to protect the players' privacy as much as possible. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just saying that's how it is and it's certainly not the reporters fault. They just don't have anything to work with.

No one pushes for any more though. It’s chicken and the egg though the media that covers the bombers got lazy before the bombers got secretive. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Actually it was commented Jeffcoat likely wouldn't be on for full 6 games..not sure if it was something I heard from someone from team...or if Osh mentioned it in presser...but I heard it

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

correct me if I'm wrong,

but It looked to me like clements is really fast,  ie catching up to qb that is escaping around the end.

I cant fathom how you guys know so much about each player. 

watching games a few times? slowing down plays?

He is actually quite fast...Brian Cole is even faster out there

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Actually it was commented Jeffcoat likely wouldn't be on for full 6 games..not sure if it was something I heard from someone from team...or if Osh mentioned it in presser...but I heard it

He is actually quite fast...Brian Cole is even faster out there

I also heard Lawler wasn't expected to be gone the full 4 weeks, lol. 

So much for that.

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No one pushes for any more though. It’s chicken and the egg though the media that covers the bombers got lazy before the bombers got secretive. 

O'Shea doesn't like telling the media anything useful and Darren Cameron is doing the blocking for him by limiting questions and cutting video to suit.  Other than Ed Tait's articles, they're producing minimal media content at this time,  pumping out 2 interviews per practice, usually from the same 2 individuals.  Time for a shake up and new blood.

On 2023-06-30 at 5:51 PM, wbbfan said:

How many reporters cover the Bombers in the media? Three or four? And the ones that do don't want to make waves & lose access to the Bombers hence the softball questions & timid approach. There are no more Jack Mathesons out there covering the Bombers holding the GM & head Coach feet to the fire. It's like that here in Calgary. Two writers working part time for Postmedia write for both the Calgary Herald & Sun. They also cover the Flames. Then there's the radio broadcast crew & not much else. The Stamps like the Bombers control the media & the message. 

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

It would be nice to get an update on Lawler. We were told 3-4 weeks a month ago. Even an update of its not yet resolved and we don't know when it will be would be something.

Good luck with that. Besides, how many of you were in 110% favour of the Cone of Silence from the Bombers when it comes to injuries? Saying it's none of our business knowing the injury status of players due to privacy?? Now, some of the same posters who lecture others on player privacy expect an update on a federal legal matter of a player dealing with his right to work in this country? You can't have it both ways.

So, I'll just say what I've been told here rather impolitely by some when I complained the Bombers never tell us the injury status of players. As in, mind your own damned business. Just leave Lawler alone. Quit asking questions & complaining about a lack of updates on his status. It's a private matter between Lawler & federal authorities. He deserves his privacy & It'll be resolved when it's resolved. 

Not picking on you, rebusrakin but some here are total idiots telling others to lay off. Like I was told. I'm just laughing knowing it's some of the same posters who criticized me that just want to know... Sooooo. Bad. Well, suck it up. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27