CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know, everytime Harris touches the ball & has a decent run, he'll act like he's insulted because we wouldn't pay him big bucks to play behind Oliveira. Yet, perfectly content to play behind play behind Ouelette because the Argos paid him. The angry running back act that he pulls off gets old after awhile. 

I get that. That’s the case for a lot of older guys. Zach is pretty fiery this year.  At the same time if he’d back up Brady at the price of Augustine I’d make that change in a heart beat and work Harris in from the slot in a package too. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get that. That’s the case for a lot of older guys. Zach is pretty fiery this year.  At the same time if he’d back up Brady at the price of Augustine I’d make that change in a heart beat and work Harris in from the slot in a package too. 

I get it too but I guess someone like Harris who is in his mid 30's needs that hatred to motivate him. It's sad that he wasn't grateful the Argos gave him a chance instead of directing all this misguided anger at us. He also should have realized that the coaches knew that for Brady to develop that he had to leave or take a big step back as a Running Back for which he has had to do in Toronto. At the same time, the Bombers may have given Harris a decent contract if he had run a few tests & committed to coming to camp in shape which he refused to do. So, if he wanted to stay then he was the author of his own misfortune. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2023-10-24 at 10:27 AM, Booch said:

I truly think they won't land any one of any significance for next yr...it's gonna be another old recycled former failure in the league....or another settle hire.....should be fun to watch tho

Anyone who chooses to apply for the HC job in Regina needs to be pee-tested. Informed consent, diminished capacity and all that.

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

We have to take care of business in the West final and after we do don't care who we play in the GC but an upset in the East final would be delicious.

Relevancy here? After the East final what AH has left becomes a moot point would be delicious.

Why does this post give me hunger pangs?

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Not me. That ship has sailed imo. Harris should retire.

42 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I have this weird feeling we will be seeing Calgary on the 11th.

Wouldn't surprise me. They have a tough defence and if Carey can have a game they definitely have a chip and a chair. The Lions are a little more Jeckyll and Hyde imo. They can be fantastic, or awful game in and game out. Not much consistency there so who knows which BC team shows up. They go as VA goes and he's streaky.

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

they actually concern me more than BC does

I wouldn't be shocked either to see Ham bounce T.O....

TO has a good team so that would surprise me, but Hammy has been playing better ball than them down the stretch. I really think TO clinching so early might hurt them more than help them.

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I love it when the fringe candidates throw their hat in the ring. Burris was a really good player but is completely unproven as a coach on any level in the CFL. 

Just what they need to do to keep the circus filling up the big top...bring in a name thats unqualified still...has zero experience,let it happen please....can't see that as a good signing to lure top notch co-ords there either to be honest....they want to see some sort of security and upside in the HC too

I never believed Burris would have interest. I feel like his name as been mentioned before and he would always wave it off.

But I think him being back is generally a good thing for the league. Very high profile player, lots of strong feeling for him from many fan bases. He’d make some headlines and fill a bunch of pages in these boards, that’s for sure.