CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Did you read the article? They were talking about this year!!! As in, after Labour Day!

The media is so dumb around that game. The entire week(s) leading up to it..."Anything can happen at labour day" "No matter the record, everyone is on even playing field that weekend!" "The riders STILL have a chance, cause it's labour day".....Riders barley pull off a win, "Riders are Grey Cup contenders after beating the Bombers!!"

So is labour day a one off fluke of a game that doesn't really tell the season tale? Or not? you can't have it both ways!

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The media is so dumb around that game. The entire week(s) leading up to it..."Anything can happen at labour day" "No matter the record, everyone is on even playing field that weekend!" "The riders STILL have a chance, cause it's labour day".....Riders barley pull off a win, "Riders are Grey Cup contenders after beating the Bombers!!"

So is labour day a one off fluke of a game that doesn't really tell the season tale? Or not? you can't have it both ways!

I remember many years rolling into Regina on Labor Day when we were first and they were last, and they somehow would get a win.

After watching last night's Bills-Giants game where a noncall PI ended the game. I think that CFL has done well with its review system. While they might not get every call right they have built-in ability through coaches' challenges to look at game-changing plays like PI, holding & blocking calls on returns, and roughing the passer calls. Also, have limited challenges so as to not bog down the game.

30 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

After watching last night's Bills-Giants game where a noncall PI ended the game. I think that CFL has done well with its review system. While they might not get every call right they have built-in ability through coaches' challenges to look at game-changing plays like PI, holding & blocking calls on returns, and roughing the passer calls. Also, have limited challenges so as to not bog down the game.

I've had the same thought a few times this year. I would prefer the quality of our reffing/reviewing improving, but I believe the rules around the review in the CFL is the best. 

One thing I learned at the last Bomber event where they discussed rules and reviews, is that it's TSN that delays the call, not the booth. Apparently, the booth reviews everything quickly but TSN delays for commercials and to show the replay several times. 

That's why they can make a call from the booth and stop the next play before it happens. 

They should consider implementing some kind of flag cannon, maybe even repurposing a t-shirt cannon, so that fans in the stands are immediately aware when the booth makes a call. Currently, there's no communication within the stadium, which can lead to confusion for in-person fans who have no clue what's happening, why the game stopped, or why the refs are moving the ball.

Edited by Pepper_Brooks

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Maybe the Riders think Labour Day is the Grey Cup game as they take the season off after that game.

As Dave Naylor pointed out - Riders are 0-13 after Sept 4 the past 2 seasons.

45 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Maybe the Riders think Labour Day is the Grey Cup game as they take the season off after that game.

As Dave Naylor pointed out - Riders are 0-13 after Sept 4 the past 2 seasons.

getting hot when it matters!! You love to see it....

17 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Even if C Dickenson fluked a playoff win in the West Semi I would not understand bringing him back.  They've been trending into the toilet since he's been there.

he's a dead man walking for sure... everyone knows it. Unfortunately, for everyone else in the league. My hope is they bring in Lapo next...

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Man....I hope they keep him....maybe they will use the Harris got hurt excuse to give him a pass for another turd burger of a season

Rider fans are revolting. They're demanding changes. That shiny bright new stadium will look as empty as McMahon  if the 3 stooges running the team aren't gone. I see one in Dickenson & maybe two gone including O'Day. Craig Reynolds will suck up to the BOD & keep his job as President.

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rider fans are revolting. They're demanding changes. That shiny bright new stadium will look as empty as McMahon  if the 3 stooges running the team aren't gone. I see one in Dickenson & maybe two gone including O'Day. Craig Reynolds will suck up to the BOD & keep his job as President.

Now, who could have seen this coming?