CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I lie how other teams right now seem to be getting the injury bug, as we about to crawl out of that hole we been in all yr.....nice timing for the crunch part of the season just beginning

We had a crazy amount of injuries to start with. A lot of missed time and challenges to over come. Now it’s mainly grant miller Hansen and Habba. Which would give our dl depth and teams a massive boost. Get healthy at the right time

12 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think it's Condell's fault. It's the level of QB'ing in Hamilton. When broke down BLM is the best you've got, your OC isn't going to look good. 

Steinhauer used Condell as a scapegoat to cover his ass.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

We had a crazy amount of injuries to start with. A lot of missed time and challenges to over come. Now it’s mainly grant miller Hansen and Habba. Which would give our dl depth and teams a massive boost. Get healthy at the right time

Well, we still have 10 games left so we'll be dealing with more injuries to come ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Confirmed by Simoni himself. However, they did that in every practice all year according to him.

which actually kind of makes it funnier... it's probably a fairly innocent ritual, end each practice with a victory formation because the goal is to end each game that way... but word of it spreads and it starts to sounds like in their minds, they've already secured victory... Bombers start to hear about it... it adds motivation... and next thing you know, a storm's a brewin...

15 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Can't wait for the Brit Dort Knee Brace Report!

Lalji will push her aside to make sure ANYTHING Lion related is coming from him. 

13 minutes ago, bearpants said:

which actually kind of makes it funnier... it's probably a fairly innocent ritual, end each practice with a victory formation because the goal is to end each game that way... but word of it spreads and it starts to sounds like in their minds, they've already secured victory... Bombers start to hear about it... it adds motivation... and next thing you know, a storm's a brewin...

We had a storm-a-brewin before that. That team was ferocious from the first snap of the WSF.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Lalji will push her aside to make sure ANYTHING Lion related is coming from him. 

We had a storm-a-brewin before that. That team was ferocious from the first snap of the WSF.

yup....self naming yourself something,,,1/3 into the season....with no back tested history to back it up....that is also dumb maneuver #1 in the Dumb Maneuver Handbook 

18 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Riders Vs. Cofaj this Friday.

It would be very Riders to lose to Cody, fingers crossed we don’t. I can see it now “Not only did they make me feel unwanted, they also beat me on the field.”

CoFaj is getting protection like he could only dream about in Saskatchewan. That doesn't make him a good QB, but he is better than a basically rookie QB behind a swiss cheese OL. I give the O advantage to Montreal, I give the D advantage to Montreal, I give the homefield advantage to Montreal. Your team is going to have to play over it's head to win. I know the Ottawa win has a lot of Rider fans feeling optimistic....they shouldn't. They are not a very good ball club.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

CoFaj is getting protection like he could only dream about in Saskatchewan. That doesn't make him a good QB, but he is better than a basically rookie QB behind a swiss cheese OL. I give the O advantage to Montreal, I give the D advantage to Montreal, I give the homefield advantage to Montreal. Your team is going to have to play over it's head to win. I know the Ottawa win has a lot of Rider fans feeling optimistic....they shouldn't. They are not a very good ball club.

Hard not to argue with this....Mtl as well has better depth, and better coaches...If Sask is to win this...it will be a shortened game like they eeeked a win a few yrs agoi due to weather....Or they get the luckiest bounces and fluke out a win they didnt earn...If the FAJ actually just stays in his lane and not try to do too much....and doesnt try and be something he isn't...I can see them cruising to a win