CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

When Jones had 20 coaches on the Riders they were barely a .500 team and never got close to a Grey Cup.

That's not technically true... they were a Ricky Ray drive away from being the first ever cross over team to make the Grey Cup... I would consider that "close"

22 hours ago, GCn20 said:

It really can't hurt. McAdoo's play calling has been abysmal.

I agree with this part... but just shuffling the deck and demoting someone, while keeping him on staff and failing to rid yourself of the real problem (Jones) is never going to solve anything. 

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

That's not technically true... they were a Ricky Ray drive away from being the first ever cross over team to make the Grey Cup... I would consider that "close"

I agree with this part... but just shuffling the deck and demoting someone, while keeping him on staff and failing to rid yourself of the real problem (Jones) is never going to solve anything. 

It was a beautiful thing to see!

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Damn... Just checking out the schedule and realizing that the arblows could conceivably run the table this year and literally be 18-0.  

they also a QB injury away from utter disaster too

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’d say they’re less susceptible to that than we are

Honestly I’d take him here. Move Biggie over, put Sankey in the middle. 

Our QB may be more injury risk sure...But If our QB went don I thik as a team we could weather that storm a heck of a lot better than the Argos...who basically have 2 guys with zero experience

Sankey....meh if he was solely used as a traditional old school MLB and never strayed from inside the tackles other than pursuit of plays outside his responsibility...run stuffing gap filling kinda guy

But a trio of Biggie at WIL..Sankey in the middle and Wilson at SAM...and yest he could handle SAM would be a nice trio for sure

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Damn... Just checking out the schedule and realizing that the arblows could conceivably run the table this year and literally be 18-0.  

not to mention they'll have 1st locked up by Labour day... surely they'll lose a few games down the stretch when one one or both of their mystery QBs gets a full game

Just now, bearpants said:

not to mention they'll have 1st locked up by Labour day... surely they'll lose a few games down the stretch when one one or both of their mystery QBs gets a full game

You would think that, out of all the coaches out there, Dinwiddie would want to give meaningful reps to their backups. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

You would think that, out of all the coaches out there, Dinwiddie would want to give meaningful reps to their backups. 

What would Dinwiddie possibly know about having to play meaningful snaps with basically zero experience??

Edited by bearpants

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

When Jones had 20 coaches on the Riders they were barely a .500 team and never got close to a Grey Cup.

True....but they weren't completely incompetent either.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm not a Sankey fan but Biggie at WIL and Sankey at MIKE would be pretty scary. Alexander would have to find his game pretty quick though.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

True....but they weren't completely incompetent either.

I'm not a Sankey fan but Biggie at WIL and Sankey at MIKE would be pretty scary. Alexander would have to find his game pretty quick though.

Wilson would do fine at SAM...and that trio would let HALL allow BA to play the BA role of circa 2019...2021

People forgot...or don't realize Wilson was an elite track guy...he can cover just fine...he runs a 4.5 to mid 4.6 forty ...plenty quick enough especially when a lethal tackler

Just now, Booch said:

Wilson would do fine at SAM...and that trio would let HALL allow BA to play the BA role of circa 2019...2021

People forgot...or don't realize Wilson was an elite track guy...he can cover just fine...he runs a 4.5 to mid 4.6 forty ...plenty quick enough especially when a lethal tackler

I have no doubt that Wilson can cover, Sankey is very one dimensional though and Alexander will have to cover his weaknesses down the middle.

Just now, GCn20 said:

I have no doubt that Wilson can cover, Sankey is very one dimensional though and Alexander will have to cover his weaknesses down the middle.

If we used him in a Barrin Simpson/Aarron  Brown type role...between the tackles snuffing out the run and patrolling the middle flat for slants and crossers...where he just needs to be there...BA could be BA....

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

Somewhat off topic, but that last drive is the kind of offense BLM could still run. If done effectively, it's bloody hard to stop.

Could easily fit Sankey in and really make use of the nationalized American with Bighill.  

Our group of LBs have consistently missed that solid B to B guy to read and scrape to the ball.  Why Hall compensates with run blitzes or playing Gauthier at middle and Bighill at WIL where he’s more suited.

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm old enough to remember Wilson catching Brandon Banks from behind on a crossing route in a Grey Cup game.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

I'm old enough to remember Wilson catching Brandon Banks from behind on a crossing route in a Grey Cup game.

2021 GC game he had a crucial pass break up in the endzone and I'll never forget it. Wilson is a really great coverage linebacker.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

2021 GC game he had a crucial pass break up in the endzone and I'll never forget it. Wilson is a really great coverage linebacker.

Prob best in the league...thats why I think we could slide him in at SAM and be better than ever there

we've sorely misswd Wilson as a whole on defense....getting him back is huge....Same with Rose...I can see it elevating some guys play too as they will feed off their enthusiasm 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I’d trust Dru Brown over whatever they got behind Chad.

Although maybe they could convince MBT to come back for part of a season.