CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

6 hours ago, bluto said:

Bro, nobody, except perhaps Chad, thinks we'll go undefeated.

I'm not even sure we'll be 1-0 this week. Sure, on paper we ought to murder these Stampeders... But check what our recent record is in Calgary. It's worse than abysmal.

I was just in response to some of the conversations in this thread. No idea how argo "fan" feels

Also, its tired making the single argo fan jokes. I wish you guys would get some support over there

I swear I saw a will Argos lose first or will Edmonton win first article on tsn or sportsnet or cfl.ca the other day. Likely tsn. 

Lol at the TSN curse being real to Toronto teams.  The moment tsn starts verbally jerking off a Toronto team, they epically fail. 

Argos lose their next game after the article = lol 

It's just God obviously exists at times but he's got a twisted sense of humor and I'm all for it cuz I'm a small town boy.

Hey TSN, try that in a small town 

😮

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have to wonder if Kelly pulled himself out of the game after being below average the entire first half?

Just a conspiracy theory for now..but something to watch for considering his known attitude problems in the past.

I have to wonder. It seemed like he didn't make much of an effort to walk it off, and normally they just tape you up, sending you back in. Zach's injury last year seemed much worse, but he did everything he could before bowing out. 

38 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I swear I saw a will Argos lose first or will Edmonton win first article on tsn or sportsnet or cfl.ca the other day. Likely tsn. 

Lol at the TSN curse being real to Toronto teams.  The moment tsn starts verbally jerking off a Toronto team, they epically fail. 

Argos lose their next game after the article = lol 

It's just God obviously exists at times but he's got a twisted sense of humor and I'm all for it cuz I'm a small town boy.

Hey TSN, try that in a small town 

😮

Pretty sure it was 3DN that wrote the piece....

I'm guessing that the coaching staff decided to give Dukes some game time since a win against Calgary at this point in time really isn't important since they have a cushion up top on the standings.  

A few lucky breaks from Calgary and two bad passe from Dukes really made the difference in the game.    

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I have to wonder if Kelly pulled himself out of the game after being below average the entire first half?

Just a conspiracy theory for now..but something to watch for considering his known attitude problems in the past.

If so...and u never know as not sure where how he got hurt...him and Betts be good roomies ..when going gets tough..they eff right off

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm guessing that the coaching staff decided to give Dukes some game time since a win against Calgary at this point in time really isn't important since they have a cushion up top on the standings.  

A few lucky breaks from Calgary and two bad passe from Dukes really made the difference in the game.    

Sometimes that's all u need...that's why letting up...or letting a team hang around us such a dangerous thing

The 10 point shift on Toronto Mistakes at the end of the half were the difference in the game. The difference of going into the locker room tied at 13 instead of 17-7 was huge. Losing Kelly was a big difference maker too as Dukes doesn't look ready for prime time. 

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The 10 point shift on Toronto Mistakes at the end of the half were the difference in the game. The difference of going into the locker room tied at 13 instead of 17-7 was huge. Losing Kelly was a big difference maker too as Dukes doesn't look ready for prime time. 

Really hate to say this cause you know Argos but Dukes does look like he has great potential for this league with more experience and CFL coaching under his belt. Good for the league.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Really hate to say this cause you know Argos but Dukes does look like he has great potential for this league with more experience and CFL coaching under his belt. Good for the league.

That is interesting, i didn't see that at all,but normally i give a new Qb at least a couple of games before i really pay attention...unless they are hyped up...will be interesting moving forward i hope your right.😊

1 hour ago, CFL Convert from Ohio said:

I have to wonder. It seemed like he didn't make much of an effort to walk it off, and normally they just tape you up, sending you back in. Zach's injury last year seemed much worse, but he did everything he could before bowing out. 

Yea..I have no doubt Kelly tweaked something, sure didn't seem very serious tho.

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

What a dumbass discussion that was. They just assumed that 1. The Argos would dominate every game they play because every other team is inferior to them. 2. The Stamps would just roll over for the mighty Argos.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Dinwiddie threw in the towel at halftime. in his interview, He didn't seem very bothered how his team was playing. Guess he thinks that the Argos can just turn it on & off when they want.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dinwiddie threw in the towel at halftime. in his interview, He didn't seem very bothered how his team was playing. Guess he thinks that the Argos can just turn it on & off when they want.

I don't blame him, why risk furthering an injury on the star QB.     I am surprised however that they didn't just give Harris the 2nd half and let Oulette rest?   Is Harris really that brittle these days?

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't blame him, why risk furthering an injury on the star QB.     I am surprised however that they didn't just give Harris the 2nd half and let Oulette rest?   Is Harris really that brittle these days?

I dunno. To me, he just said the hell with it. Dinwiddie made it seem that Kelly was okay but finished for the day. Down by 2 scores against the Stamps is not a mountain to overcome.

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I dunno, maybe Harris has just fallen off a bit more this year. He's barely had the opportunity mind you. But it's odd they aren't using him more imo. 

40 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I remember you all being a fan of Nick Taylor in his days with the Bombers. Good to see him playing again! I thought his last injury might’ve been a career ender.

yup...Great guy...great athlete...was good to see him back on roster

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No sure how you got that idea. Dinwiddie was furious at the mistakes that his team made, especially right at the end of the half. 

Kelly was injured & may be out until after their next bye. 

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I remember you all being a fan of Nick Taylor in his days with the Bombers. Good to see him playing again! I thought his last injury might’ve been a career ender.

I’m surprised but only soo much. He’s a great athlete and team mate. 
 That said when did the stamps become the team that digs up other teams under performing vets? 

If mbt is gonna get paid by some one. 

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I’m surprised but only soo much. He’s a great athlete and team mate. 
 That said when did the stamps become the team that digs up other teams under performing vets? 

If mbt is gonna get paid by some one. 

To be fair, Taylor was playing well right up to his injury. And at that age, and with the other guys on the roster, it's understandable why the Bombers did t bring him back.