CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, bluto said:

It looks to have been largely Magri and Russell. Clemmons and Barker had senior positions and were consulted involved. But you'd have to convince me that Murphy wasn't in on it from the weeds.

I see they're bringing John Murphy back next season, I suspect he never really left and has been contracting all along, probably keeping a low profile working from a remote location.

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/argonauts-shake-up-the-cfl-by-bringing-back-john-murphy-according-to-sources

39 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I see they're bringing John Murphy back next season, I suspect he never really left and has been contracting all along, probably keeping a low profile working from a remote location.

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/argonauts-shake-up-the-cfl-by-bringing-back-john-murphy-according-to-sources

I hope he was working behind the scenes, his punishment was excessively harsh.

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'm sure his team appreciates being thrown under the bus publicly.

Guess he doesn't believe in easing guys back in?

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

interesting..............

Will make no difference unless McAdon’t is being promoted to head coach and then it just gets worse that it is now. Not sure who can take over but until CJ is gone they are a lost cause. That BoD should be ashamed of what they have done and there should be fall out at that level as well. 

Edited by GCJenks
Spelling/ grammar

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

It really can't hurt. McAdoo's play calling has been abysmal.

and at least from being a QB....He will know a bit more of what needs to be available to help a QB out a bit...like they showed on TSN...a lot of times based on what they had their receivers doing poor Corney was basically just hung out to dry, and mix in his wavering confidence now, and probably utter feeling of helplessness...well we see what happened...he trying to force stuff...make dumb decisions basically to just try and accomplish something....anything...I feel bad for the poor guy.. as he is just out there...alone...trying to figure it out himself....we should do them a solid and flip them Prokop and Bennet for him and one their dline guys, and use him as our Short Yardage guy...I bet he would thrive here in that role

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

It really can't hurt. McAdoo's play calling has been abysmal.

I actually like Jackson as a coach. Mcadoo as jones buddy is ofc going to stick around… for now. 
 Simon should take over as hc and send jones to just dc lol. Too bad it’ll never happen. Simon could take over and let Howell plus Jackson run the offense. The d coaches are green as can be though only Maxie has been around a while and he’s never been more than a position coach under two or more guys. 

So.....Macadoo is now going to "advise" on the defensive side of the ball.......is that a we gotta pay him anyway, so instead of firing him we will just distance him from the offence?....or is it a matter of Jones just doing his bud a solid?