Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

9 hours ago, Mike said:

gonna make a big guess here but I think Barrington Wade and OB Goodson are both future all stars 

I love those picks. 

I think Matt Cole will be really good. better than Greg mcrae. I think Bennett will make the roster, and that jadrian Taylor will make an impact for us this year. tazawn Henry is a player in this league too. Might not be here though. 
Mos jr makes the roster this year and finds ways to make plays. 

I think surprise ish cuts will be Clements, joe Beckett and a vet db. And the marine makes the pr and  into a game this year  

20 hours ago, Zach Schnitzer said:

Made it to my first Rookie Camp day today. Not much to report other than the Deuce Wallace #48 INT. O'Shea Jr almost made a circus catch. He was targeted a few times. #87 Jaivon Heiligh made a nice catch. 

Thanks Zach. Keep us informed if you are there, and get the podcast rolling let's hear some football talk. The offseason has been too long.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Missed this earlier but here's a roster:

There are 110 players on this list. Some will have to be released prior to camp. IIRC teams can only have 75 plus non counters in camp. I am not even sure how we can have 110 right now since the offseason limit for players under contract is 85? We must have a bunch of guys listed and in rookie camp that haven't been actually signed to a contract yet.

Edited by GCn20

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There are 110 players on this list. Some will have to be released prior to camp. IIRC teams can only have 75 plus non counters in camp. I am not even sure how we can have 110 right now since the offseason limit for players under contract is 85? We must have a bunch of guys listed and in rookie camp that haven't been actually signed to a contract yet.

I believe it’s because mini camp doesn’t have a cap and not every one in mini camp has a deal, they are on a camp invite. 
 After camp I believe the base roster also gets listed, so none counted due to injury etc like Hallett will come off. 
 Even if you take the none counters off I think we are pretty close to the 85. After mini camp cuts I’m sure we won’t have trouble being at 75. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I love those picks. 

I think Matt Cole will be really good. better than Greg mcrae. I think Bennett will make the roster, and that jadrian Taylor will make an impact for us this year. tazawn Henry is a player in this league too. Might not be here though. 
Mos jr makes the roster this year and finds ways to make plays. 

I think surprise ish cuts will be Clements, joe Beckett and a vet db. And the marine makes the pr and  into a game this year  

Then hell freezes over ;)

43 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We don't have to be down to 85 (excluding non-counters) until Saturday at noon.

From the CFL:

May 10 – Rookie Camp opens

• First-year players take the field with their new clubs

May 13 – Rosters reduced to 85 players

• Cutdowns to take place by 11:59 p.m. ET, excluding non-counters
  • May 14 – Training camps open

• Official opening of camps for all nine clubs
  • May 16 – Rosters reduced to 75 players

https://press.cfl.ca/revamped-cfl-combine-season-and-cfl-draft-highlight-2023-offseason

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

We don't have to be down to 85 (excluding non-counters) until Saturday at noon.

From the CFL:

May 10 – Rookie Camp opens

• First-year players take the field with their new clubs

May 13 – Rosters reduced to 85 players

• May 14 – Training camps open

• Official opening of camps for all nine clubs
  • May 16 – Rosters reduced to 75 players

https://press.cfl.ca/revamped-cfl-combine-season-and-cfl-draft-highlight-2023-offseason

These changes and the removal of the 2 stage cuts in tc are big quality of life improvements. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

OBG not at camp 

Maybe he isn’t going to be at rookie camp? Damn it’d suck if he wasn’t coming up. I would think if that was they case they’d have brought in another dt already instead of a bunch of ends. 

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol and herein lies the problem: everything he does is going to be considered notable 

With our wr depth it doesn’t much matter imo. We saw a few guys like whop last year have great camps and just have no room for them. The back up ni wr spot is more going to come down to how many pr spots we hold for it and if every one stays healthy. We don’t have a lot of bodies for ni wr, and are very top heavy in what we do have. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I count 18 non-counters and those are just the ones I’m sure on, so I’m sure there are far more 

Could very well be, say there is 20 non counters that still leaves us at 90. We gotta be at 75 for camp so a good 15 guys are getting a plane ticket home after rookie camp.

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol and herein lies the problem: everything he does is going to be considered notable 

Yea....and if he does make the team the media is going to make this a distraction imo. He would probably set a world record for tweets, questions, and analysis about a fringe STer. God forbid he gets a start or is promoted/demoted. It would be a media frenzy.