2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

It's basically free content for CBS. Their Ad revenue from it will far surpass the $1M the shell out for it.

Honestly the only thing about this deal that angers me is that by the look of it, I'll actually have to acknowledge that Randy Ambrosie has done a good job here.

12 minutes ago, bluto said:

Honestly the only thing about this deal that angers me is that by the look of it, I'll actually have to acknowledge that Randy Ambrosie has done a good job here.

Meanwhile, at that very same moment over at Speedflex’s house…….

dark-side.gif

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Meanwhile, at that very same moment over at Speedflex’s house…….

dark-side.gif

You can love him all you want for all I care. And quite frankly, your opinions about the man don't mean anything to me. He has to do a lot more to win back the confidence of the majority of  fans. This is the first good thing he did since 2017 when he sold a lot of tee shirts. This is the last time I repond to you on this subject do don't bother as I'll just ignore your comments.

4 hours ago, bluto said:

It's basically free content for CBS. Their Ad revenue from it will far surpass the $1M the shell out for it.

And I think that’s a good thing for every one too. It gives them all the incentive to grow the viewership, and gives us a chance for that revenue to increase. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

It is an indefensible position that screams contrarion.

Nope that ain't it. I am a contrarion on this point and several others. That's not the same a a bad faith arguement.  

Bad faith arguments are based in deception & hypocrisy. My argument is based on facts that I believe. It doesn't hide a hidden agenda or mean something that I didn't say. That's where some of you consistantly get it wrong. I say A you complain about B that you think I'm really talking about. That's a bad faith arguement. 

Again, please don't take this to mean anything at all........ we've had that discussion........ but just for laughs and something to read, leading up to Tuesday, here's the latest from Marshall Ferguson: 

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/04/28/mock-2-0-whos-going-first-overall/?fbclid=IwAR36D7nIbnEqxbTTf8wTMA2F3KbpOrXo7HBH0I9vPEPtWAPgk5Ndv9xt5-A

Some more reading material for the upcoming draft.  Barker gives out a couple backhanded compliments that made me chuckle like saying one guy is "a solid USPORTS LB with no special qualities".  One receiver doesn't run very well but hey he catches everything... well except 50/50 balls anyway. 😂

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/2023-cfl-draft-barker-s-top-5-prospects-at-each-position-1.1952787

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Some more reading material for the upcoming draft.  Barker gives out a couple backhanded compliments that made me chuckle like saying one guy is "a solid USPORTS LB with no special qualities".  One receiver doesn't run very well but hey he catches everything... well except 50/50 balls anyway. 😂

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/2023-cfl-draft-barker-s-top-5-prospects-at-each-position-1.1952787

The wr one perfectly sums up barkers career.  He can’t scout, trade, develop, strategize coach or play call. But he’s here and he’s a big body. Natural blocker at the buffet. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I like the first pick he has for us, Lake Korte Moore, the rest is pretty poor imo. Rather have Ringland or another DB, a linebacker or wr in round 2 for example. Too many Saskatchewan products too (They always seem to go home)

I feel like the pundits never know what we will do at the draft. I predict that I will really like a couple of the picks, but that we will really reach for a couple guys, and that we will draft a guy with the label of the best special teams guy available. 

I think especially lately we have gone after high upside guys and that probably continues. If we can grab some of the high motor/character special teams guys after that it’ll be great.

This is an interesting draft. You have this split of high upside athletic guys and high polish/character sub par athletes. Mix that with a bunch of big time prospects will are sure fire to be nfl bound. 
that’s kind of normal, but it seems like you have more guys in each split this year. 

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I like the first pick he has for us, Lake Korte Moore, the rest is pretty poor imo. Rather have Ringland or another DB, a linebacker or wr in round 2 for example. Too many Saskatchewan products too (They always seem to go home)

I really disagree with his reasoning on why the Bombers would take him.  I don't think he'll be much of a special teams guy.  He's bulking to play inside.

I can see the Bombers taking a DB quite early.

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I really disagree with his reasoning on why the Bombers would take him.  I don't think he'll be much of a special teams guy.  He's bulking to play inside.

I can see the Bombers taking a DB quite early.

For his reasoning I think Anthony Bennett who he projects with the next picture would make a lot more sense. That’s a guy who can get after it on teams, has the altheticism, could maybe maybe be a back up lber to roll with our usual suspect ni lbers. He’s older and idk if he can bulk up and play between 230-240 but his pick for us doesn’t make much sense. 

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Nope that ain't it. I am a contrarion on this point and several others. That's not the same a a bad faith arguement.  

Bad faith arguments are based in deception & hypocrisy. My argument is based on facts that I believe. It doesn't hide a hidden agenda or mean something that I didn't say. That's where some of you consistantly get it wrong. I say A you complain about B that you think I'm really talking about. That's a bad faith arguement. 

Im sorry, I just dont believe that your position is actually that CFL fans are no worse off with less preseason games on TV.