2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We're talking pre-season games. They are just practices for the public. I'd say who cares, but the answer is wbbfan & Noeller. 

Go find a tv partner any where that is growing the market and shrinking the off season coverage. It’s ok, I’ll wait. You’re the only person who follows the cfl happy with tsn. But that is your defacto position on all things. 

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Go find a tv partner any where that is growing the market and shrinking the off season coverage. It’s ok, I’ll wait. You’re the only person who follows the cfl happy with tsn. But that is your defacto position on all things. 

Typical. Compaining about what I'm not saying then whining about it. Add in that it's my defacto position for good measure. 

I'm saying losing a couple of PRE-SEASON games from the tube isn't a problem for most CFL fans. Who Cares? Maybe a couple of thousand of fans accross the league. It isn't a money maker for TSN. They can fill the time with much cheaper crap that they've already paid for. It's a simple business decision. 

I'm not saying that I'm happy with TSN's coverage or lack there of. I'm not saying that other TV partners are better or worse than TSN. I'm not apologizing for TSN. I'm not saying less CFL is something to celebrate. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Typical. Compaining about what I'm not saying then whining about it. Add in that it's my defacto position for good measure. 

I'm saying losing a couple of PRE-SEASON games from the tube isn't a problem for most CFL fans. Who Cares? Maybe a couple of thousand of fans accross the league. It isn't a money maker for TSN. They can fill the time with much cheaper crap that they've already paid for. It's a simple business decision. 

I'm not saying that I'm happy with TSN's coverage or lack there of. I'm not saying that other TV partners are better or worse than TSN. I'm not apologizing for TSN. I'm not saying less CFL is something to celebrate. 

Now hear what we're saying.

If we want to the CFL to survive and perhaps even grow, there needs to be an investment into the product. 

Yes, it is easy to cut costs. But there is an alternate business theory where you invest into a product to improve it's returns.

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Now hear what we're saying.

If we want to the CFL to survive and perhaps even grow, there needs to be an investment into the product. 

Yes, it is easy to cut costs. But there is an alternate business theory where you invest into a product to improve it's returns.

You actually think that showing meaningless pre-season games (open practices) is an 'investment into the product' that will 'improve TSN's return'? 

really-thats-k4ya7z.jpg

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

If things continue to progress with the TV market in the states and the XFL/USFL continue to struggle mightily how long until the idea of merging one of those leagues into the CFL comes up again?

It’s just really Really hard to predict the future. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

If things continue to progress with the TV market in the states and the XFL/USFL continue to struggle mightily how long until the idea of merging one of those leagues into the CFL comes up again?

I’m betting before the xfl plays it’s next season. I think there could be some fantastic opportunity to have it be like the old Al vs nl in mlb. 

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the only thing that really matters to me is the money, but it's a nice touch that they're actually going to promote the games...

that is fantastic news, though I worry a bit about the broadcast quality. I don’t think the football viewing public in the us is ready for some of the awful pbp and color. 
 I feel like the peak of the us simulcast deals in the last was less than a large coffee at tims, though I don’t know for sure. I hope the actual numbers come out and I hope we see the cap grow because of it  

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Which would be a disaster for the CFL under any circumstances that I can conceive of.