2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Outside of 2016 when Mike Reilly was tossing the ball to Walker he really hasn’t had a good season since. If they wanted a me first “Vet” receiver why not just keep Duke? Head scratcher for sure. 

Noted football mind, Ballsy likes the move so of course its terrible.

My gawd you can't even crack a joke about Quebec without having somebody getting their shorts in a knot....Cripes if that little suggestion about renaming a team ...said in a jokingly kind of way is offensive....whoah....My brother-in-law is from Trois Reviere and he would've laughed at that suggestion...Too bad he wasn't still with us today ....he'd probably say ....lighten-up ....

and if someone "out east" had made a similar joke about Alberta, there would be outrage the likes you have never seen.... but it's always okay to take shots at Quebec when out in the West. Blah. Whatever.... I think I was just not meant to ever live out in the west. 

43 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Canada is like an unhappy marriage. Quebec is the wife who wants to leave everything behind except the benefits. The rest of Canada is the husband, who keeps giving things to the wife to keep her happy, despite knowing that it's all a farce. 

nothing-speechless.gif

Weirdly specific example here...

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

My gawd you can't even crack a joke about Quebec without having somebody getting their shorts in a knot....Cripes if that little suggestion about renaming a team ...said in a jokingly kind of way is offensive....whoah....My brother-in-law is from Trois Reviere and he would've laughed at that suggestion...Too bad he wasn't still with us today ....he'd probably say ....lighten-up ....

I thought it was funny. I immediately thought of how the Bombers where once..the Winnipeg Winnipegs.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

and if someone "out east" had made a similar joke about Alberta, there would be outrage the likes you have never seen.... but it's always okay to take shots at Quebec when out in the West. Blah. Whatever.... I think I was just not meant to ever live out in the west. 

Regardless of where you live, who you are and knowing its all about making each other laugh and not taking ourselves too seriously, if we can take the shots in as much as we give them out, all good.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

so much anti-French sentiment in this thread.... it's interesting. I understand hate for separation, but is Alberta's current situation any different?? Maybe I've just been living in rural AB for too long (definitely...) but people getting their backs up immediately over anything French related just makes me roll my eyes. 

I see you have never been to rural Quebec :)

its not even in the same atmosphere compared to the Alberta situation. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Quite frankly, all I care about is that the cheques don't bounce when someone takes over in Montreal.

If Quebec wants to separate, they should, as long as they take their portion of the debt, don't use Canadian money or any other services, and allow whatever parts of Quebec that want to stay in Canada stay. Canada is like an unhappy marriage. Quebec is the wife who wants to leave everything behind except the benefits. The rest of Canada is the husband, who keeps giving things to the wife to keep her happy, despite knowing that it's all a farce. 

The separatist utterings from Quebec are empty rhetoric. If separated, they would have to assume a portion of the national debt, constitute a separate army, have a separate currency, set up border services, negotiate trade agreements with multiple countries (including Canada) and then the BIG elephant in the room- any region within Quebec would then have the precedent to pursue independence from Quebec. Its a complete Pandora's box. Not to mention then every francophone in the rest of Canada would lose their language rights.

12 hours ago, JCon said:

He's still a separatist but he's mostly interested in money. Money is far more important to Quebecor than anything else. 

He has no media platform as RDS & Quebecor are two separate companies. RDS would be Bell Media.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

On the socials, sure.

Here? With mostly Winnipeg residents? I take way more shots at Alberta than Quebec. But make fun of every province at times, including our own.

Can't for the life of me understand where the outrage is coming from. No one took it too far.

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

I have a relative that was a prof in Montreal for a long time. Anglophone, but fully bilingual obvs, and he told me about that once. Said the Habs are very much the team for French-Quebec, and the Als are more Anglo-Quebec's team. Obviously that's not 100%, but "for the most part..." kinda thing. 

Except when the Nordiques were there.  Sure the Habs had the Montreal cosmopolitan Francophone fan base but QC is like Quebec’s Calgary.  Couldn’t even find an english media clipping on that team.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Except when the Nordiques were there.  Sure the Habs had the Montreal cosmopolitan Francophone fan base but QC is like Quebec’s Calgary.  Couldn’t even find an english media clipping on that team.

........Which brings us to, and I know this is hockey BUT why is an NHL team being considered in failed Atlanta before Quebec city......IF the Nordiques would've been marketed properly , I think they'd still be there....We need more Canadian teams than we do another American club.......Guess the powers that be in the nhl just can't wrap their heads around another Canadian expansion