2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

On 2/28/2023 at 1:24 PM, Noeller said:

lol....

This quote is actually amazing accurate... the masses in the rectangle are foolishly optimistic about their sad sack team... while the "10 or 15 people" AKA 8 other fan bases, can see the team is a mess

Edited by bearpants

that team is gonna be a hot mess this yr....and it's just not the typical hating cause it's the Riders....its just looking at it as a whole...top to bottom....and you cant honestly say they are in a good position, or going to be a top 3 team in the west....they will be hard pressed to hold off the Elks

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

This quote is actually amazing accurate... the masses in the rectangle are foolishly optimistic about their sad sack team... while the "10 or 15 people" AKA 8 other fan bases, can see the team is a mess

Whenever I've seen anyone use this kind of quote in sports or elsewhere... it's always massive denial and the issues are real and usually huge. 

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

Whenever I've seen anyone use this kind of quote in sports or elsewhere... it's always massive denial and the issues are real and usually huge. 

Very few non-problematic areas in the Rider team or coaching or management this year. Gonna be a baaad year to be a Rider fan.

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Riders sign Derel Walker. How clueless can one GM be? You have a culture of me-first players you are trying to get rid of, and you sign one of the biggest me-first guys in the league. Makes no sense.

https://www.riderville.com/2023/03/02/riders-add-standout-receiver-derel-walker/

"standout"

Quotation Marks GIF - Quotation Marks Air Quotes Dr Evil ...

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...classic example of the 2.00 a.m scramble...hahahah...what a pathetic signing....wonder how much he got them for??

Has to be cheap. No one else was picking up the phone to get him. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

It makes sense when you realize they were desperate for a vet WR.

Desperate cannot fully sum up the logic on a signing like this. Beyond desperate. The guy walked any route he wasn't the 1st or 2nd read in the play call. Wait until he gets in a dressing room with the rest of the me-first guys. Any kind of culture reset they were hoping for is gone up in smoke. I understand that they desperately needed a receiver, as their receivers are by far the weakest in the league, but sometimes you just gotta roll the dice on a rookie if everyone worth a snot says no to your offers.

Honestly, I would went with Darvin Adams or Jorden before Walker.

Edited by GCn20

13 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Has to be cheap. No one else was picking up the phone to get him. 

Desperate cannot fully sum up the logic on a signing like this. Beyond desperate. The guy walked any route he wasn't the 1st or 2nd read in the play call. Wait until he gets in a dressing room with the rest of the me-first guys. Any kind of culture reset they were hoping for is gone up in smoke. I understand that they desperately needed a receiver, as their receivers are by far the weakest in the league, but sometimes you just gotta roll the dice on a rookie if everyone worth a snot says no to your offers.

Honestly, I would went with Darvin Adams or Jorden before Walker.

So they have Vets Weineke...and Walker....sandwiched with Lenius..KSB and...Bane??...or some other TC hopeful maybe??.....ewwww....yuck....and what is depth behind that?.....have fun Harris....HAVE FUN....AND BE SAFE LOL

We could line up Agudosi...Bolo...Mcrae...Heiligh and some rando reciever and have a better well rounded unit.....man that Sask off-season has to be classified as an epic failure all around

Edited by Booch

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

So they have Vets Weineke...and Walker....sandwiched with Lenius..KSB and...Bane??...or some other TC hopeful maybe??.....ewwww....yuck....and what is depth behind that?.....have fun Harris....HAVE FUN....AND BE SAFE LOL

We could line up Agudosi...Bolo...Mcrae...Heiligh and some rando reciever and have a better well rounded unit.....man that Sask off-season has to be classified as an epic failure all around

Reminds me of the Russian crop forecast:" worse than last year but better than next year".

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Walker was not very good last year he will be worse this year, I'm glad they signed him

he's been in decline since 2019....and in that environment...and the likely losing and crap atmosphere with more than a good chance of more turmoil in multiple areas....can you really see him being a lead by example guy?....I cant...unless the example is similar to the clowns they have had their the last several yrs

If walker is cheap, by rider standards any way, it’s a good low risk high reward move.  He’s not a guy you want to bank on but he’s a good add for camp. Either he sticks and returns some what to form or he pushes and helps train up some rookies and you cut him. 
 That said the riders probably are banking on him and it feels a little reactionary to not getting either of the top 2 wrs available. 
 If I was a fan of theirs I would be concerned that he and td jake are being counted on to start and perform at a high level. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he's been in decline since 2019....and in that environment...and the likely losing and crap atmosphere with more than a good chance of more turmoil in multiple areas....can you really see him being a lead by example guy?....I cant...unless the example is similar to the clowns they have had their the last several yrs

I think he would be a good add for a team like bc. Low expectations soft career reset and a chance to out perform expectations for once. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If walker is cheap, by rider standards any way, it’s a good low risk high reward move.  He’s not a guy you want to bank on but he’s a good add for camp. Either he sticks and returns some what to form or he pushes and helps train up some rookies and you cut him. 
 That said the riders probably are banking on him and it feels a little reactionary to not getting either of the top 2 wrs available. 
 If I was a fan of theirs I would be concerned that he and td jake are being counted on to start and perform at a high level. 

Getcher popcorn- Rider games are going to be entertaining to watch for all the wrong reasons for Rider fans.

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

The sideline explosions will be epic this year as they lose week after week and Dickie looking over his shoulder for a wayward rabbit punch.