2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

Dunk said Williams was traded because BC felt the guy behind him was ready - it was clear they traded him because he wasn’t signing next year and got decent value. He also said the Bombers are going younger at C with Kolankowski despite Couture being younger. 

I don’t hate 3DN but their personal opinions are basically without merit. 

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sankey turned the latest rider offer down. Would have made him 2nd highest imp LB in the league 

Well, that means his brain is still working.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Re: Sankey... More to it, apparently:

You may notice that Sankey said that he "loved being apart of it" (the Riders) rather than he loved "being a part of it". A Freudian  slip?

46 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yikes. Too bad for BC.

yes...and no...If they cant find a suitable trade...then he stays there for what he agreed to, and if he doesnt like it he can sit out and get nothing...or accept the raise they offered...BC holds all the power, and cards here...not Push-off Rhymes

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

yes...and no...If they cant find a suitable trade...then he stays there for what he agreed to, and if he doesnt like it he can sit out and get nothing...or accept the raise they offered...BC holds all the power, and cards here...not Push-off Rhymes

I wonder if he'll be allowed to push off this year when the league isn't shoving kid Canada down our throats.

Duke had his year of push offs too.

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would be on his side, the salaries have inexplicably exploded and he’s getting less than half of what he’d make on the open market…but they offered him a raise and he’s still being a diva. 

EDIT: it has occurred to me that BC probably wanted to add years to his contract in exchange for a raise - which would also be understandable that Ryhmes would not be interested in that.

Edited by Jesse
Insight

42 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I would be on his side, the salaries have inexplicably exploded and he’s getting less than half of what he’d make on the open market…but they offered him a raise and he’s still being a diva. 

EDIT: it has occurred to me that BC probably wanted to add years to his contract in exchange for a raise - which would also be understandable that Ryhmes would not be interested in that.

On the other hand he signed a contract he felt was fair. Beat thing to do would be to play at a top level again and then go out on the next contract and get your payday. 

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

On the other hand he signed a contract he felt was fair. Beat thing to do would be to play at a top level again and then go out on the next contract and get your payday. 

I do normally lean that way, but this off season has been a little nuts and I don’t blame him. He’s not young and should absolutely try to get his bag.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I have no sympathy for that team. From Rourke to Rhymes it's just a Me First team. A week into free agency including the tampering window just who will sign him for $260-300,000? The Riders? Good,  Then let him go there & be in an absolute wasteland. 

34 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I do normally lean that way, but this off season has been a little nuts and I don’t blame him. He’s not young and should absolutely try to get his bag.

Rhymes should probably consider firing his agent first thing, didn't even get him close to #1 receiver pay on his own team, with Whitehead earning $200K.