2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Evans needs protection, not very elusive.   Fajardo *is* a better option for Saskatchewan until they fix that o-line. 

Whomever their QB is, he is going to be low on the list of things wrong with the Riders.

Cody wasn't really the problem last year either. O'Day has built a poor culture, made terrible cap management decisions, and hired a coaching staff that can't maximize (or recognize) the abilities of their players.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Whomever their QB is, he is going to be low on the list of things wrong with the Riders.

Cody wasn't really the problem last year either. O'Day has built a poor culture, made terrible cap management decisions, and hired a coaching staff that can't maximize (or recognize) the abilities of their players.

If your team lets Faj cosplay a CFL starting QB, that is a HUGE problem for your team...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If your team lets Faj cosplay a CFL starting QB, that is a HUGE problem for your team...

Faj sucks. 100% agree.

But they've won games with him before and easily could have done better this past year. Lean in to the running game, accept that he is not moving the ball down field and game plan around a shorter passing game, commit resources to your D, not on a 250k deep threat that Faj can't get the ball to.

I don't know if it was arrogance or ignorance, but it came from the top down.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Faj sucks. 100% agree.

But they've won games with him before and easily could have done better this past year. Lean in to the running game, accept that he is not moving the ball down field and game plan around a shorter passing game, commit resources to your D, not on a 250k deep threat that Faj can't get the ball to.

Maas was not a good OC for Faj. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

You would think, based on all the coverage from the CFL, TSN and their mouthpieces, that Rourke was coming to the CFL. They've spent more time and energy promoting a player leaving the league to be a backup than they have actually promoting the CFL. 

FA Day can't come fast enough.

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

You would think, based on all the coverage from the CFL, TSN and their mouthpieces, that Rourke was coming to the CFL. They've spent more time and energy promoting a player leaving the league to be a backup than they have actually promoting the CFL. 

I get that his going to the NFL maybe entices other players to choose the CFL over say the XFL or whatever.... helps the CFL with recruiting........ but enough. I was done with him the moment he called the CFL an unexpected detour. Good riddance and enjoy the clipboard.

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I get that his going to the NFL maybe entices other players to choose the CFL over say the XFL or whatever.... helps the CFL with recruiting........ but enough. I was done with him the moment he called the CFL an unexpected detour. Good riddance and enjoy the clipboard.

And no guarantee he even gets to enjoy hat on backwards clipboard in hand opportunity for any amount of significant time.

55 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And no guarantee he even gets to enjoy hat on backwards clipboard in hand opportunity for any amount of significant time.

Ask Chase Daniel if he has enjoyed holding a clip board his whole career. Has made 41 million dollars started 5 games in his 13 year career and won a Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Ask Chase Daniel if he has enjoyed holding a clip board his whole career. Has made 41 million dollars started 5 games in his 13 year career and won a Super Bowl.

Yup that’s funny my son was just talking about him to me the other day. However, I would guess as I don’t follow 2nd  3rd 4th string NFL qb’s he’s the exception to the rule.

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

Faj sucks. 100% agree.

A shorter passing game only works to a certain extent.  Once it's obvious that he's not going downfield very often, opposing Ds will crank up the pressure. 

On 2023-01-17 at 2:31 PM, Noeller said:

Kind of a cool Bisons-related story........Bennie Goods was, of course, a good one.....

One thing I've wondered about this... and I haven't seen it addressed anywhere... is why is the kid going from Div 1 NCAA to CIS... is there more to the story they're not mentioning?