2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

LOL......'Not as bad as we think it is'  ......for sure it's worse.....What's the ol saying..'none so blind as those that refuse to see'....No wonder that organization is in the mess it's in....That o line reeks and needs a complete overhaul

The worst OL in living memory. O'Day & Dickenson should form a stand up comedy team with the things they say. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

At the very least...let free agency play out.

Again the pieces aren’t available for a bad team to rebuild their ol or get a game changing qb in fa. Unfortunately the suck teams have only a lottery chance of getting to the play offs and that lotto ticket isn’t in cfl fa. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, talk about a GM with his head in the clouds. He & Dickenson, what a pair.... Ha ha. 

I mean with that management no free agent class is going to save them. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Again the pieces aren’t available for a bad team to rebuild their ol or get a game changing qb in fa. Unfortunately the suck teams have only a lottery chance of getting to the play offs and that lotto ticket isn’t in cfl fa. 

Riders management. Reynolds, O'Day & Dickenson.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

TIL... Collaros is making 600k. Cripes. Good for him I suppose. As long as we can afford to keep him upright. 

Here's the thing about the BLM "sweepstakes"...... Is he really valuable anymore?? He hasn't shown that he's an elite QB since his shoulder got all buggered up. Someone is going to wildly overpay for a truck with a LOT of city miles on it... 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Dennis, Couture are two pieces that could sure help...Trevor Harris while no superstar can win in this league. Lewis at WR, Demski... Etc etc. The pieces are very much available (assuming nothing changes). Add into the equation that it's not at all impossible for players to change teams and become productive (Yoshi?) and...at the very least let FA play out....holds true.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, talk about a GM with his head in the clouds. He & Dickenson, what a pair.... Ha ha. 

It seems very much like damage control. Gotta try to keep those season ticket holders while they still can. Lol.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He would be alright in a good situation but man you better have a top OL and group of receivers given he can't run. Almost want to see him sign in sask and get killed.

He had that in Cgy and still didn't look very good... 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He had that in Cgy and still didn't look very good... 

he didn't look as good as he once did, big difference and it still makes him one of the better qbs in the league, which is a sad statement in itself. 

Honestly think he still would have been a better option for the Stamps than Maier but I guess we will see. 

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd roll with Vernon Adams over Fajardo without even thinking twice.     Fajardo is a career 3rd stringer who's been cosplaying a starter and is barely a back-up... and that's if you can't find any sort of prospect to bring in.  

FYP.

On 2023-01-13 at 2:35 PM, Noeller said:

they're gonna be left with VAJ and no chance are they paying 400 or 600k. The upside to VAJ, if there is one, is that it allows them to be active in FA and get some complimentary players. They'll still suck, because VAJ sucks, but it's a better position than Rourke and nobody else...

VAJ's contract is 350k per. He was already paid his offseason bonus of 190k and half the remaining 150k last year when BC got him so he came in at around 75k for them last year, this year they gotta pay the whole enchilada.

Edited by GCn20

23 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Assuming he starts all the games & throws 20+ TD's, that's 350ishK. 

$250K more than VAJ. 

Based on QB salary, we're in a significantly worse spot SMS wise than the Lions. 

Burnham's $165K salary is already off the books, and the Lions say they won't go shopping for another top end receiver.

My guess is they keep VAJ, they don't sign BLM or Faj-JJ & they are still in the top 3 in the west.

We pay more for our starting QB than they do...advantage BC

Our QB salary is only going up 50k over last year compared to 280k for the Lions....advantage Winnipeg

We were 15-3 with a 550k QB last year, no reason to believe that the extra 50k we will spend on Collaros this year makes any difference.

The Lions paid around a 100k on starting QB last year, they need to find 250k in their budget this year. Not as bad as it would have been if Rourke stayed and got his 600k but still some tough decisions for BC. They field pretty much exactly the same unit as last year but they need to chop 2-3 high end players. We don't. We have already incorporated ZC into our salary structure before. We did our sacrificing last year. BC is in a significantly tougher spot than we are.

Edited by GCn20

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

TIL... Collaros is making 600k. Cripes. Good for him I suppose. As long as we can afford to keep him upright. 

Here's the thing about the BLM "sweepstakes"...... Is he really valuable anymore?? He hasn't shown that he's an elite QB since his shoulder got all buggered up. Someone is going to wildly overpay for a truck with a LOT of city miles on it... 

I thought it averaged out to 550k. And I believe they used the remaining bonus cap to front load cash to further minimize his yearly cap hit. 
 That’s what I recall atleast though cap info in the cfl is mysterious at the best of times. 

36 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We pay more for our starting QB than they do...advantage BC

Our QB salary is only going up 50k over last year compared to 280k for the Lions....advantage Winnipeg

We were 15-3 with a 550k QB last year, no reason to believe that the extra 50k we will spend on Collaros this year makes any difference.

The Lions paid around a 100k on starting QB last year, they need to find 250k in their budget this year. Not as bad as it would have been if Rourke stayed and got his 600k but still some tough decisions for BC. They field pretty much exactly the same unit as last year but they need to chop 2-3 high end players. We don't. We have already incorporated ZC into our salary structure before. We did our sacrificing last year. BC is in a significantly tougher spot than we are.

The big difference imo is that it is much easier to budget around an expensive qb when you have a great team. Having a good team and then trying to add elite qb money is gonna be soo hard especially to do with out getting worse little on getting better. 

11 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

There's one piece of the QB drama puzzle taken care of...

Faj is going to be the funny one to watch imo. 

I like Masoli and ott has a lot going on for them. But man I wouldn’t want to rely on him to be qb1. 

On 2023-01-15 at 12:44 PM, Jpan85 said:

Good spot to be a back up and learn from one of the best QB developers in the NFL Doug Peterson

great coach to learn under... no doubt about that... but he's QB2 (at best) behind the guy expected to be the face of the franchise for the next decade... so not a great choice in terms of opportunity