2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Sounds like something @DTonOB could answer.

I was thinking it over and I suppose the flip side would also be true...as in a team with a very efficient O would also cause their D to play more snaps...potentially anyway. I was just thinking of the EDM game where Collaros had like 7 completions or something but they still won. The O that day didn't stay on the field either....Gawd I love football

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I love that other team’s fans are wondering how we are able to bring our guys back.

Well, to start :

1. We manage the SMS better than any team

2. Guys want to be here 

3. You can basically add playoff money into your salary 

4. We draft well 

The Pillars of The Canadian Mafia.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Canadian Mafia : r/CFL

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I wish there was a way we could compare snap counts between players. I'm not saying Mauldin is overrated. But I'd bet good money his snap counts were significantly higher than anyone else on the bombers (with similar games played) due to the fact that Ottawa's O was trash.

Weighing his salary compared to his value, he may not be the answer but someone like him is probably the Bombers' biggest need for 2023.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I wish there was a way we could compare snap counts between players. I'm not saying Mauldin is overrated. But I'd bet good money his snap counts were significantly higher than anyone else on the bombers (with similar games played) due to the fact that Ottawa's O was trash.

Unfortunately I don't have snap counts, but...

Winnipeg's D faced 686 dropbacks (Pass attempts + Sacks + QB scrambles)
Ottawa's D faced 613

Total pass + rush attempts against their D + sacks (per CFL):
Winnipeg: 942
Ottawa: 947

Easier to be a stand-out when the rest of your team stinks and pass rush is damn sexy.  Most guys playing rush end in this league could just pile up numbers when most of the games they are playing in are meaningless.  Who cares if you lose your gap and lose by 24 instead of being in your gap that play and losing by 17.  Easy to be selfish on a bad team.

Remember Shonte Peoples?  Alex Hall?

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Easier to be a stand-out when the rest of your team stinks and pass rush is damn sexy.  Most guys playing rush end in this league could just pile up numbers when most of the games they are playing in are meaningless.  Who cares if you lose your gap and lose by 24 instead of being in your gap that play and losing by 17.  Easy to be selfish on a bad team.

Remember Shonte Peoples?  Alex Hall?

Yep. The kind of stuff that goes unnoticed. Gavin Walls was always very good at his gap responsibilities.

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Trouble brewing in the old hen house.

n-xut_A7_x96.jpg

I’m always gonna give respect where respect is due. I expect the same in return! I’ll leave it at that❗️

I think he is a good LB for what he does (play in the box). Definitely not a sideline to sideline or drop into coverage guy (Like Biggie). 

I think Lanier here as a DT would be a nice add. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I think he is a good LB for what he does (play in the box). Definitely not a sideline to sideline or drop into coverage guy (Like Biggie). 

I think Lanier here as a DT would be a nice add. 

Nah, he used every excuse in the book to sit out half of last season, finally settling on the excuse that he didn't know how to prepare his body properly earlier in his career.  He only played again once the Riders moved him to their suspended list, not a FIFO guy.

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Nah, he used every excuse in the book to sit out half of last season, finally settling on the excuse that he didn't know how to prepare his body properly earlier in his career.  He only played again once the Riders moved him to their suspended list, not a FIFO guy.

I dunno, it would be pretty had to be a FIFO guy on that team

15 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Lanier arriving at Rider practice...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952a4ffinqzcbe2paofagx

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

He also has a bit of a rep among players as also taking liberties with the dirty cheap shot crap...hard pass on him ..

just some info for the coming weeks/months: 

2023 OFF-SEASON KEY DATES

January 21 – National/Global Kicking Showcase

• Prospects to gather at Maranatha Christian Schools in San Diego to put their skills on display

February 14 – Free Agency

• Free agents will be able to officially sign with clubs at noon ET

March 3 – CFL Invitational Combine

• The University of Waterloo’s Feridun Hamdullahpur Field House will host invited players from across Canada in a showcase of the country’s football talent

March 22-26 – CFL Combine presented by New Era

• Expanded and restructured five-day event at Commonwealth Stadium Field House in Edmonton, featuring medical testing and measurements, traditional on- and off-field testing, individual drills and one-on-ones

May 2 – CFL Draft and CFL Global Draft

• The top National and Global prospects will be selected by CFL clubs
  • CFL Global Draft: 11 a.m. ET
  • CFL Draft: 8 p.m. ET

May 10 – Rookie Camp opens

• First-year players take the field with their new clubs

May 13 – Rosters reduced to 85 players

• Cutdowns to take place by 11:59 p.m. ET, excluding non-counters

May 14 – Training camps open

• Official opening of camps for all nine clubs

May 16 – Rosters reduced to 75 players

Pre-season Week 1

• Monday, May 22 | EDM at CGY | 4 p.m. ET

Pre-season Week 2

• Friday, May 26 | MTL at OTT | 7:30 p.m. ET
  • Saturday, May 27 | TOR at HAM | 4 p.m. ET
  • Saturday, May 27 | WPG at EDM | 4 p.m. ET
  • Saturday, May 27 | BC at SSK | 7 p.m. ET

Pre-season Week 3

• Thursday, June 1 | OTT at TOR | 7:30 p.m. ET
  • Thursday, June 1 | CGY at BC | 10:30 p.m. ET
  • Friday, June 2 | HAM at MTL | 7:30 p.m. ET
  • Friday, June 2 | SSK at WPG | 8:30 p.m. ET

June 3 – End of Training Camp

• Camps to conclude ahead of the upcoming season

June 8 – 2023 Regular Season Opener

• 9 p.m. ET | BC at CGY

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

just some info for the coming weeks/months: 

2023 OFF-SEASON KEY DATES

January 21 – National/Global Kicking Showcase

• Prospects to gather at Maranatha Christian Schools in San Diego to put their skills on display

February 14 – Free Agency

• Free agents will be able to officially sign with clubs at noon ET

March 3 – CFL Invitational Combine

• The University of Waterloo’s Feridun Hamdullahpur Field House will host invited players from across Canada in a showcase of the country’s football talent

March 22-26 – CFL Combine presented by New Era

• Expanded and restructured five-day event at Commonwealth Stadium Field House in Edmonton, featuring medical testing and measurements, traditional on- and off-field testing, individual drills and one-on-ones

May 2 – CFL Draft and CFL Global Draft

• The top National and Global prospects will be selected by CFL clubs
  • CFL Global Draft: 11 a.m. ET
  • CFL Draft: 8 p.m. ET

May 10 – Rookie Camp opens

• First-year players take the field with their new clubs

May 13 – Rosters reduced to 85 players

May 14 – Training camps open

• Official opening of camps for all nine clubs

May 16 – Rosters reduced to 75 players

Pre-season Week 1

• Monday, May 22 | EDM at CGY | 4 p.m. ET

Pre-season Week 2

• Friday, May 26 | MTL at OTT | 7:30 p.m. ET
  • Saturday, May 27 | TOR at HAM | 4 p.m. ET
  • Saturday, May 27 | WPG at EDM | 4 p.m. ET
  • Saturday, May 27 | BC at SSK | 7 p.m. ET

Pre-season Week 3

• Thursday, June 1 | OTT at TOR | 7:30 p.m. ET
  • Thursday, June 1 | CGY at BC | 10:30 p.m. ET
  • Friday, June 2 | HAM at MTL | 7:30 p.m. ET
  • Friday, June 2 | SSK at WPG | 8:30 p.m. ET

June 3 – End of Training Camp

• Camps to conclude ahead of the upcoming season

June 8 – 2023 Regular Season Opener

• 9 p.m. ET | BC at CGY

I wish they would pick back up on the concept of CFL Week and run it along with the CFL Combine again, it was one of the better indicatives they came up with in the past 20 years and it gave the league and the recruits a bit of media attention during the off-season.

28 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I wish they would pick back up on the concept of CFL Week and run it along with the CFL Combine again, it was one of the better indicatives they came up with in the past 20 years and it gave the league and the recruits a bit of media attention during the off-season.

I actually flew home to attend the one in Winnipeg, as it was around my birthday, and it was a really fun time. Would love to do that again. 

The CFL also has to have more fan friendly things for families as well as individual fans during Grey Cup week. There also used to be a CFL thing where there were interactive games going on so that fans could participate. I wasn't in Regina but it seemed like the week of the Cup wasn't really much that didn't create a lot of buzz. Other than the award banquet. Also, I'm thinking along with the new guidelines on alcohol consumption, promoting events like hospitality suites with lots of alcohol involved may not be the best idea anymore.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Good uncensored video put out by the RedBlacks recapping their 2022 season, the Marino incident takes over around the 5:30 mark and becomes the topic for the remainder of the video.  Interesting to note that Masoli appears to be miked up for the Rider game, so speculation of what Marino might have said to him is probably not speculation at all.  Unfortunately they decided not to include any audible ethnic slurs he uttered in this video.  Masoli's cry of pain when his leg snaps is loud and horrific to listen to, that should have been enough to stop Marino's celebration dead in it's tracks.  

https://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2023/01/18/behind-the-r-season-2-ep-1/