2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

100% agree. According to Lalji the BC LIons have offered him 600k this year although I suspect TBurg will dispute that.

You want to start this up again? What a pigeon. 

You: Coo Coo, Ignore the CBA

Me: Section 9.02

You: Angry Coo Coo, Ignore the CBA 

You: Angrier COO COO, You're wrong

Me: Prove it

Round and round for weeks.

Naylor: Tweets that the Lions can make an offer because the CFLPA and the CFL signed off on it.

You: Kicking the pieces off the board, shitting all over everything and strutting around like you won. This proves I'm right, you're wrong, you should slink off after apologizing. 

Me: New information explains how they can make an offer. Why didn't you come up with that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the ideas as to why the Lions could ignore the CBA that you and yours came up with were correct, yet you want to declare a victory lap and want me to apologize for being right about Section 9.02 all along. The whole argument could have been avoided if anyone has said, don't like the clause, get the parties of the contract of the change it. 

The key is and always has been, that the only way they can make that offer is if the CFL and the CFLPA have signed off on a clause change in the current CBA. I'm guessing that happened some time during last season & I said that in the last go around that you started. You were too busy kicking stuff and strutting to notice.

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Naylor: Tweets that the Lions can make an offer because the CFLPA and the CFL signed off on it.

You: Kicking the pieces off the board, shitting all over everything and strutting around like you won. This proves I'm right, you're wrong, you should slink off after apologizing. 

Me: New information explains how they can make an offer. Why didn't you come up with that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the ideas as to why the Lions could ignore the CBA that you and yours came up with were correct, yet you want to declare a victory lap and want me to apologize for being right about Section 9.02 all along. The whole argument could have been avoided if anyone has said, don't like the clause, get the parties of the contract of the change it. 

The key is and always has been, that the only way they can make that offer is if the CFL and the CFLPA have signed off on a clause change in the current CBA. I'm guessing that happened some time during last season & I said that in the last go around that you started. You were too busy kicking stuff and strutting to notice.

I have gone back over every Naylor tweet and retweet since August and there is no Naylor tweet that even remotely says anything in regard to that. I will ask you to provide a link because I think, quite frankly, you are lying. Prove me wrong. This, and the fact that 2 weeks ago you told the forum that you don't have twitter leads me to believe this. I call BS, and I think you are just being desperate right now, and it's kind of sad really. I also am a little bit POed that you encouraged me to try and find a tweet that doesn't exist. LINK...or I will just continue to ignore anything you say as a desperate attempt to move the goal posts because you dug in your heels when you were clearly wrong. Hey if you can find it, I'll be man enough to apologize. 

Edited by GCn20

the really funny/interesting thing in that barrage of Rourke tweets I posted last night, is the Lions fan who believes that, for the good of the league, the league should allow (even using their own coffers) for Rourke to be paid whatever it takes to top the NFL offers. Because the league apparently needs him so badly, we should just ignore all caps and just pay him whatever to stay in BC.  Get ******. I'm ready to see the Leos back down at the bottom of the barrel again next year with Edmonton and Sask...

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the really funny/interesting thing in that barrage of Rourke tweets I posted last night, is the Lions fan who believes that, for the good of the league, the league should allow (even using their own coffers) for Rourke to be paid whatever it takes to top the NFL offers. Because the league apparently needs him so badly, we should just ignore all caps and just pay him whatever to stay in BC.  Get ******. I'm ready to see the Leos back down at the bottom of the barrel again next year with Edmonton and Sask...

My exact thoughts when I read that s**t last night.  I guarantee he would not be saying that if Rourke was with any other team.  I hope he enjoys having VAJ as the starting QB next season.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

My exact thoughts when I read that s**t last night.  I guarantee he would not be saying that if Rourke was with any other team.  I hope he enjoys having VAJ as the starting QB next season.

:856_100: my dude....

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

100% agree. According to Lalji the BC LIons have offered him 600k this year although I suspect TBurg will dispute that. That's a nice consolation prize. However, let's be real...the NFL is the NFL...it's what every young American QB dreams about and it is the holy grail of football. Rourke has a TON of time to take his shot down there and not leave any what ifs on the table, and still come back here and have a long and successful career if things don't work out in the NFL. The only way to play in the NFL is to sign in the NFL, and Rourke would be a fool at his age not to do so. When he does...I doubt he ever comes back.

Of course Lawler is open to a return to the Elks, especially if they give him 300k again. I am positive he would be open to that. 

I agree with you on this one... some of the CFL diehards will hate to admit it... but this is not about opportunity for Rourke... the opportunity will be whatever team offers him the best contract... he'll take it...

Also, what's with all those stupid hashtags in the Farhan tweets... who the hell is EverythingBlue and OnePride?... teams have names for a reason...

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478259otgt4hpw9t65di

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Soo quickly lions fans forget the damage of an over priced qb. I hope they do give him 700k or some thing crazy. Good luck putting that roster back together and just maintaining the same level of competitiveness then. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Literally nobody wants to be with that **** franchise... 

I wouldn’t stand behind that ol, deal with that toxic atmosphere or crappy coaching. Not to mention the cesspool that is the media and fan base.