2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I hold firm that The Gappers end up with either Dane Evans or BLM, but I'd absolutely love it if they have to endure another season with the Faj....

They'll probably end up getting stuck with Evans as the least QB and team still standing around, but there is no way BLM goes to Regina.

33 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They'll probably end up getting stuck with Evans as the least QB and team still standing around, but there is no way BLM goes to Regina.

Logic would say that BLM would run for the hills away from any contract offer by the RIders. Their OL, coaching, roster all screams last place and broken QB. That being said, never underestimate BLM's hubris. He may think he can excel despite having no OL or quality receivers. Also, never underestimate the RIders ability to make a mind numbingly stupid financial offer to BLM. If smart heads prevail on both sides, BLM seems like a poor fit for the RIders and vice versa. I'm not seeing many smart heads in this potential conversation though.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

was kinda hoping he might make it to FA..... woulda looked good in Royal Blue......

Elks in my opinion at the very least leap frog over the rough riders. I hate to say it but Jones brought in some good players that showcased their talent in the last half of the season. I guess ultimately it will depend on their QB play whether or not they can become real contenders but I have them out of the basement in the west so far. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Elks in my opinion at the very least leap frog over the rough riders. I hate to say it but Jones brought in some good players that showcased their talent in the last half of the season. I guess ultimately it will depend on their QB play whether or not they can become real contenders but I have them out of the basement in the west so far. 

Only problem is they still don't have a serviceable QB, IMO...

this is interesting...I'm curious if Lawler goes to FA and pits the Bombers and LOLks against each other....... I'd think the Bombers would be in on it, if they knew Schoen was gone. If Schoen's back, no way do you go all in on Lawler. 

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is interesting...I'm curious if Lawler goes to FA and pits the Bombers and LOLks against each other....... I'd think the Bombers would be in on it, if they knew Schoen was gone. If Schoen's back, no way do you go all in on Lawler. 

I don't know if it's possible to pit the Bombers against anyone... Walters offers what is budgeted and if another team goes beyond that, we're usually comfortable saying "thanks but no thanks".

34 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Lawler would be silly not to say he was open to coming back to the L’ks 

Yup absolutely and all great receivers who produce consistently great numbers need a QB to ensure their talents are fully realized.

Not sure the Elks have that right now. I could be wrong tho, maybe the amateur evaluator of professional football talent in me is not seeing the full potential of TC.

Plus my dislike for any team not called the Winnipeg Blue Bombers might play a part in how I'm looking at this. 

58 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't doubt that Rourke would stay if he wasn't presented a real opportunity.

But at this point, with the amount of workouts and offers, the ability to chose the best fit/opportunity, it seems obvious that there's a path to success. So, the league has probably lost him for a couple of years at least. 

100% agree. According to Lalji the BC LIons have offered him 600k this year although I suspect TBurg will dispute that. That's a nice consolation prize. However, let's be real...the NFL is the NFL...it's what every young American QB dreams about and it is the holy grail of football. Rourke has a TON of time to take his shot down there and not leave any what ifs on the table, and still come back here and have a long and successful career if things don't work out in the NFL. The only way to play in the NFL is to sign in the NFL, and Rourke would be a fool at his age not to do so. When he does...I doubt he ever comes back.

15 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup absolutely and all great receivers who produce consistently great numbers need a QB to ensure their talents are fully realized.

Not sure the Elks have that right now. I could be wrong tho, maybe the amateur evaluator of professional football talent in me is not seeing the full potential of TC.

Plus my dislike for any team not called the Winnipeg Blue Bombers might play a part in how I'm looking at this. 

Of course Lawler is open to a return to the Elks, especially if they give him 300k again. I am positive he would be open to that. 

Edited by GCn20