Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hopefully we get Rashed Bailry done. He's more valuable than Ellingson who was hurt for 2/3 of the season & did nothing in the playoffs & Grey Cup. His contract can go & we can use the money for someone else. 

I don't think that's in the cards unless he gets zero interest league wide.

20 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't think that's in the cards unless he gets zero interest league wide.

Why? We'll have to pay someone to replace bailey anyway. As Mike said, why sign Collaros to a big contract if he loses his targets? It's Ellingson who will go first as he's expendable. Yeah, no doubt he could leavebut look what happened to Darby Allen in Hamilton & Darvin Adams in Ottawa last season. Not good experiences for both. Going somewhere else isn't always the best decision. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why? We'll have to pay someone to replace bailey anyway. As Mike said, why sign Collaros to a big contract if he loses his targets? It's Ellingson who will go first as he's expendable. Yeah, he could leave no doubt but look what happened to Darby Allen in Hamilton & Darvin Adams in Ottawa. Not good experiences. Going somewhere else isn't always the best decision. 

I think Bailey wants a bigger role than being used as a run blocker.

Obviously we want him back, but at best he’s the 4th or 5th option in our offence. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Key now will be finding the next Kongbo in terms of that rotational Canadian on the DL.  Could really be DT or DE.  Quite a few in this draft coming up both NCAA and CIS guys, also have Lawson.  Kongbo will be overpriced when he comes back for good.

Need to get Maruo back or replace him with a Canadian or Global too.

Which guys in the draft do you like and why?

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I think Bailey wants a bigger role than being used as a run blocker.

Obviously we want him back, but at best he’s the 4th or 5th option in our offence. 

Bailey might. However, what other teams can he play for where he'd fit in as the number 1 or 2 receiver & have a legit shot at winning a Grey Cup? He stays & he's a sold #3 receiver with 700 plus yards on a playoff team with a legit shot at a GC. He goes to a struggling team looking for a receiver like Edmonton, Ottawa  or Saskatchewan & he' still a 700 yard receiver with little or no chance to earn playoff money & win a GC. His choice. 

Is Andrew Harris a free agent? I haven't heard if he signed with the Argos. So much for him stealing Demski away from the Bombers as some poster suggested might happen.

I really don't care if Harris plays again or not. The way he left like a prima dona for the Argos. In a few years, I'll be happy for the guy when he goes on the Wall of Fame but not right now as I'm still pissed off how he left.

Three.....count em...three years....Nic you just made my day....no ....you just made me happy for the next three years....I just couldn't believe he'd ditch us like another former home town guy did....Good on you Walters for giving our guy ....and the Bomber faithful a concrete future going forward............Luv it