Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Not according to the article 

My son Tyler who trains qbs in Seattle know Jennings from his time at SFU. He contacted Tyler last year to ask him how he set up his business & got his clients as he wanted to do the same thing where he lives in Ohio. Tyler told me the story is legit. The Lions rushed Jennings back too soon. His shoulder never recovered. Buono did nothing to protect him from further injury & it cost Jennings his career.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My son Tyler who trains qbs in Seattle know Jennings from his time at SFU. He contacted Tyler last year to ask him how he set up his business & got his clients as he wanted to do the same thing where he lives in Ohio. Tyler told me the story is legit. The Lions (Wally) panicked & rushed Jennings back too soon. His shoulder never recovered. Buono did nothing to protect him from further injury & it cost Jennings his career.

You wonder if Wally did the same to Travis Lulay. He kept reinjuring that shoulder over & over. Wally kept trotting him out whenever he could play instead of giving him sufficient time to heal. It was sad to watch Lulay suffer. Especially that game in Ottawa in 2014 when he got hurt.  That injury was the end for Travis. Then there was Nathan Rourke's Lysfranc foot injury. He was rushed back too early according to modern medical practices & Rick Campbell was okay with it. He didn't seem very concerned with Rourke's long term health.  These coaches..... #JustWinBaby

If this is true, it destroys any respect that Buono had..

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would say it was the expectation for any player up until very recently.

Even today, you heard crap that Lamar Jackson should have been starting for the Ravens this year and that he was using the injury to negotiate his contract.

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I deleted the 2nd paragraph as it was just my opinion only. I don't know if Wally was the bad guy or not regarding Lulay. 

25 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I would say it was the expectation for any player up until very recently.

Even today, you heard crap that Lamar Jackson should have been starting for the Ravens this year and that he was using the injury to negotiate his contract.

Yeah, the reaction to Jackson was, Step up. It's the playoffs. 

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Blast from the past, in that article they mentioned Alex Ross as a backup QB for the Lions the same time Jennings was there.  I believe he played pretty well in a few Bomber exhibition games in 2018, the same year Strevy showed up. 

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

Ross started a few games for the RedBlacks. Didn't he suffer an injury while here? 

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You can worry about age and how many teams a guy has played for, everyone else will worry about winning.

You miss the point completely on his many teams.

His teams don’t want to pay him so he leaves. Regularly. 

Add in age and no thanks. If he wasn’t a “name” you wouldn’t care this much. It isn’t 2018 any more. 

I mean, you’re the same guy asking for Biggie to not be here. You want Micah Johnson though?

Hilarious. 

The 3DN article mentions the Bombers were in on Jennings in 2018 but he opted to go to OTT... earlier that same offseason, Durant was expected to be our backup, but he took his signing bonus and retired instead... being spurned by these 2 forced us to bring in Alex Ross and some nobody named Chris Streveler to camp

Thanks JJ and Darian Durant!

Bomber Roster – Player Status for 2023:

Quarterback

Zach Collaros (A) – Under Contract

Dru Brown (A) – Under Contract

Dakota Prukop (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Running Back

Brady Oliveira – (N) – Under Contract

Johnny Augustine (N) – Under Contract

Fullback

Konner Burtenshaw (N) – Under Contract

Mike Miller (N) – Re-signed

Receiver

Carlton Agudosi (A) – Under Contract

Tavaris Harrison (A) – Under Contract

Jaivon Heiligh (A) – Under Contract

Brendan O’Leary-Orange (N) – Under Contract

Drew Wolitarsky (N) – Under Contract

Janarion Grant (A) – Re-signed

Nic Demski (N) – Re-signed

Dalton Shoen (A) – Under Contract but in NFL Window (until Feb 15)

Rasheed Bailey (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Greg Ellingson (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Timothy Knuettel (G) – Unsigned Free Agent

Greg McCrae (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Luke McMillan (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Offensive line

Liam Dobson (N) – Under Contract

Geoff Gray (N) – Under Contract

Chris Kolankowski (N) - Under Contract

Tomoya Machino (G) - Under Contract

Drew Richmond (A) – Under Contract

Stanley Bryant (A) Re-signed

Jermarcus Hardrick (A) Re-signed

Patrick Neufeld (N) Re-signed

Tui Eli (N) - Signed 3 Years

Michael Couture (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Eric Lofton (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Tyler Witt (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Defensive line

Thiadric Hansen (G) – Under Contract

Cole Adamson (N) – Under Contract

Cameron Lawson (N) – Under Contract

Ricky Walker (A) – Under Contract

Jackson Jeffcoat (A) Re-signed

Willie Jefferson (A) Re-signed

Jake Thomas (N) Re-Signed

Keion Adams (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Casey Sayles (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Linebacker

Tanner Cadwallader (N) – Under Contract

Malik Clements (A) - Under Contract

Brian Cole (A) - Under Contract

Adam Bighill (A) Re-signed

Kyrie Wilson (A) Re-signed

Shayne Gauthier (N) – Re-signed

Jesse Briggs (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Les Maruo (G) – Unsigned Free Agent

DeJuan Cooper (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Defensive back

Brandon Alexander (A) – Under Contract

Karon Delince (A) – Under Contract

Nick Hallet (N) – Under Contract

Noah Hallet (N) – Under Contract

Evan Holm (A) – Under Contract

Demerio Houston (A) – Under Contract

Redha Kramdi (N) – Under Contract

Deatrick Nichols (A) – Under Contract

Jamal Parker (A) – Under Contract

Desmond Lawrence (A) Re-signed

Winston Rose (A) Re-signed

Alden Darby (A) – Re-signed

Mercy Maston (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Nick Taylor (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Souleymane Karamoko (G) – Unsigned Free Agent

Cedric Lavigne (N) – Unsigned Free Agent

Donald Rutledge Jr. (A)  Left for USFL

Tyrell Ford (N) – Signed in NFL

Kicker

Mark Liegghio – (N) Under Contract

Ali Mourtada (A) – Unsigned Free Agent

Long snapper

Mike Benson (N) Re-Signed

15 hours ago, Booch said:

I never doubted it...Demski is a different personality than Harris, and less of for a lack of a better word baby when it comes to certain things...and is more of a FIFO guy than Harris...he gace us some good yrs...helped us get the monkey off our backs, but he also wasnt as FIFO as many are led to believe...and thats from inside the locker room...not just speculation

Interesting - but not surprising whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So is there any one of the list apart from Bailey that the Bombers should try to re sign or will they wait till FA begins and try to find a few players to round out the team

I'd say Bailey is the only one who would be a loss...for a multitude of reasons...and his team first mentality and intensity.....that being said....if he was swapped out for a Lewis...Lawler....casualty of war, and he will still be one my fav non Bombers in the league

I expect/suspect Walters is gonna make one big splash to wow the league, and another savvy other move to go to camp with this super solid core, and new recruits

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So is there any one of the list apart from Bailey that the Bombers should try to re sign or will they wait till FA begins and try to find a few players to round out the team

Agreeing with Booch, after reviewing the roster the one name I'd like back is Bailey. Most of the others should be able to be replaced rather easily. The one other answer I am looking for is Shoen, does he return and sign longer term or does he have an NFL opportunity to pursue? Without Shoen I would like to see a free agent received (Lawler / Lewis) here but with Shoen I think we can pass on both those guys and save the $$ for other spots. Really hoping the scouts have the big run stopping, pile pushing DT already in their sights down south.

Just now, GCJenks said:

Agreeing with Booch, after reviewing the roster the one name I'd like back is Bailey. Most of the others should be able to be replaced rather easily. The one other answer I am looking for is Shoen, does he return and sign longer term or does he have an NFL opportunity to pursue? Without Shoen I would like to see a free agent received (Lawler / Lewis) here but with Shoen I think we can pass on both those guys and save the $$ for other spots. Really hoping the scouts have the big run stopping, pile pushing DT already in their sights down south.

Just my personal opinion, but I think Schoen would be the biggest "add" to this roster and I have a lot of appreciation for Kenny Lawler's talent.

Would also love to see a really solid add at DT.  

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The 3DN article mentions the Bombers were in on Jennings in 2018 but he opted to go to OTT... earlier that same offseason, Durant was expected to be our backup, but he took his signing bonus and retired instead... being spurned by these 2 forced us to bring in Alex Ross and some nobody named Chris Streveler to camp

Thanks JJ and Darian Durant!

not to mention feeing up some money to sign another guy... Mr. Adam Bighill

51 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'd like to see Bailey and Sayles back... but at this point, after getting Darby and Demski done... any other re-signing is just gravy 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

saturday night live snl GIF