Whatever week this is - Non B2B Champs games

Geebrr

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

They had a replay of the blocked punt by the Riders early and you can see they have a Riders championship belt. Why do a bunch of losers on a 6-10 team have a championship belt? Did Dickie buy it for them?

It's a participation award designed to make the Rider players feel like maybe they actually won something tonight..

3 hours ago, Sard said:

I'm fully convinced that he's translating the calls in his head on the fly and that's why it sounds like he's fumbling over his words.   I like that he explains some of the more oddball penalties sometimes though so we know what's going on... Even if he fluvs it a bit sometimes. 

I don't mind his fluvs. 

9 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Welllll we did it in 2015 so can’t really say much lol. 

The difference is we knew the bombers were a long shot and probably not a true contender… the riders came into this year thinking this team was loaded up and “all in” for a cup run… and they’ll likely miss the playoffs

8 hours ago, do or die said:

Made a visit to the Rider Green Zone post game.......

The coach says it was a great effort
The QB musing about the "football gods"

wtf?!?!...snap into reality bozo's!!.....just permeates loser

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I made a trip to Riderfans.com  they honestly believe the reason the team is losing is because they no longer have Marino who is one of the best dlinemen in the league.      Those people are really insane.  

They also think Dan Clark is awesome because he's a warrior....  I am not joking. 

yup...I peruswd the site for giggles too, and yup....that was the catalyst....he was exiled and their defense became garbage...what a joke

not all sask  fans are deluded... reddit comment re game:

"Guys!! If you're into some juicy commentary, tune into 620 CKRM in about 30 minutes for the greatest comedy show you'll hear all week. It will feature a bunch of drunk raging Rider fans coming unglued about how **** this team is. Usually the episodes are downloadable in podcast form, but last week was so bad that they didn't put it up because everyone was calling for the entire Rider organization to be fired... on the Rider radio network. I imagine this week will be worse."

sask 29 yards rushing.

hope they keep faj next season.  he is entertaining. that down field rifle arm. 

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

hope they keep faj next season.  he is unintentionally very entertaining. 

Faj could be much better.  His pass pro is about as bad as it gets, and their running game is easily stopped

Dink and dunk with the right pieces around him...he could be a poor man's Kevin Glenn

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Faj could be much better.  His pass pro is about as bad as it gets, and their running game is easily stopped

Dink and dunk with the right pieces around him...he could be a poor man's Kevin Glenn

No chance.  He doesn't have any pocket presence and is visibly uncomfortable in there.  He could have the best OL in the league at every position and he'd get sacked 5 times a game.  He's a RPO guy all the way.  That's how he's a decent pro QB.  Since Maas has put him almost exclusively in the pocket they've been awful in terms of scoring vs turnovers/sacks.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No chance.  He doesn't have any pocket presence and is visibly uncomfortable in there.  He could have the best OL in the league at every position and he'd get sacked 5 times a game.  He's a RPO guy all the way.  That's how he's a decent pro QB.  Since Maas has put him almost exclusively in the pocket they've been awful in terms of scoring vs turnovers/sacks.

Make no mistake, I wasn't complimenting the guy.

Just pointing out that his coaches / coordinators are worse than he is

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

2-9 in their last 11. The only team they have beat is Edmonton (barely) and lost their last game vs Edmonton. 

On the upswing though! 

Just think… if they had beaten edm in a gimme game and the bombers hadn’t laid and egg in hammy… the riders would basically be clinched into the cross over 😂

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

He has no arm...can't make consistent throws...no pocket awareness and it looks as if he cant read a defence or find open areas...he panics immediately if hot read or dump pass is not there

And then about once per game - he finds someone open rolling out on an ad lib play - if he doesn't miss them with the throw

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No i agree, lots of bandwagon fans out there. And I look down on all fair weather fans.

You and I have both said for ages that the Gappers had an inordinate number of fair weather fans and needed a generation of losing like this to prove who's for real and who isn't (in terms of fans)... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

You and I have both said for ages that the Gappers had an inordinate number of fair weather fans and needed a generation of losing like this to prove who's for real and who isn't (in terms of fans)... 

To be fair, it’s the first game I haven’t seen a minute of all season. Sometimes you have to let the girlfriend win. 

26 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

To be fair, it’s the first game I haven’t seen a minute of all season. Sometimes you have to let the girlfriend win. 

Neither here nor there, but do better in the gf department, fellas. I married someone who might care more about the team than I do. And it was a non negotiable when we got together that the Bombers and Bombers games, specifically, would trump everything else. She got on board (in 2010) and then probably overtook me in the fandom over the last while.